Football Club response to Sea Eagles request for less than 10 games at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes the timing of this is so poor. Why do they want to derail our season again as surely this discussion can wait until the end of the season.

Penns = NFI
Why did the District Club feel the need to publicise this conversation? They're both guilty here.

Building a bigger fan base relies on success. Winning at fortress brookie and playing good footy in the process is the formula . Not a token game at albury .(the supporters who attend generally have a team they support). It is naive to think that there is a massive amount of swinging supporters who will suddenly think " they came here once, so that is my team till I die."

The final few sentences in the first paragraph are telling, they are almost telegraphing this to all of us, BECOME A MEMBER!!

It is not beyond the realms of possibility for the powers that be to begin something akin to branch stacking to force their issue, would be interesting to understand membership trends of the past year or so.... Enough pro Penn members will eventually make this debate a moot point

Building a bigger fan base relies on success. Winning at fortress brookie and playing good footy in the process is the formula . Not a token game at albury .(the supporters who attend
generally have a team they support). It is naive to think that there is a massive amount of swinging supporters who will suddenly think " they came here once, so that is my team till I die."

Whats the footy team been doing the last 10 years?
The fan base hasnt increased. In fact I would argue that we and the NRL have less fans than ever.

Albury was great for the bottom line, nothing more

Building a bigger fan base relies on success. Winning at fortress brookie and playing good footy in the process is the formula . Not a token game at albury .(the supporters who attend generally have a team they support). It is naive to think that there is a massive amount of swinging supporters who will suddenly think " they came here once, so that is my team till I die."
Ok but we've had ten years of finals footy with four grand final appearances and two wins and we managed 12,000 members this year, so winning isn't the be all and end all.

Whats the footy team been doing the last 10 years?
The fan base hasnt increased. In fact I would argue that we and the NRL have less fans than ever.

Albury was great for the bottom line, nothing more
That's right. Us and the nrl. Most teams are struggling. The successful teams have good tv exposure. Be careful not to p*** off existing members while you are chasing new ones which may not be there.

My opinion of the Penn's:

They don't want to relocate (sorry tin foil hatters) BUT they do want to own league from the north side of the bridge to edge of Newcastle.

The issue is, after ten years of finals etc we haven't really grown as a club. Now we can accept that that is our lot and we will never compete financially with the Broncos and Rorters and Souffs etc or the owners can make a push to expand our "brand" or what have you. How? Take a couple of games away from Brookie. Is signing the country coach a move to help win bush fans? Possibly. I honestly don't know and to be honest, I'm open to ideas because the current model isn't great. We were lucky because we had some once in a generation players here but that era is ending and we can't hope this next gen of kids can replicate that. We need to have a plan where if that does eventuate we can capitalise on it better than we did in the past.

The final few sentences in the first paragraph are telling, they are almost telegraphing this to all of us, BECOME A MEMBER!!

It is not beyond the realms of possibility for the powers that be to begin something akin to branch stacking to force their issue, would be interesting to understand membership trends of the past year or so.... Enough pro Penn members will eventually make this debate a moot point
3 continuous years membership gives you the vote. So the Penn's stacking is at most 3 years away. @:cool:
We old members have always supported our District Football Team at Brookie and will continue to do so till the end :)

3 continuous years membership gives you the vote. So the Penn's stacking is at most 3 years away. @:cool:
We old members have always supported our District Football Team at Brookie and will continue to do so till the end :)
Yes - but that is the point, I am curious about any anomalies over the last 2 years or so. I would suggest FC membership is fairly linear, so any changes to that would be a signal for all concerned

My opinion of the Penn's:

They don't want to relocate (sorry tin foil hatters) BUT they do want to own league from the north side of the bridge to edge of Newcastle.

The issue is, after ten years of finals etc we haven't really grown as a club. Now we can accept that that is our lot and we will never compete financially with the Broncos and Rorters and Souffs etc or the owners can make a push to expand our "brand" or what have you. How? Take a couple of games away from Brookie. Is signing the country coach a move to help win bush fans? Possibly. I honestly don't know and to be honest, I'm open to ideas because the current model isn't great. We were lucky because we had some once in a generation players here but that era is ending and we can't hope this next gen of kids can replicate that. We need to have a plan where if that does eventuate we can capitalise on it better than we did in the past.
Mightn't agree with all your posts, but they are never devoid of reasoned argument and logic

Yes - but that is the point, I am curious about any anomalies over the last 2 years or so. I would suggest FC membership is fairly linear, so any changes to that would be a signal for all concerned
That's the price of complacency by the Local Manly Supporters. :confused:
Membership is open to all 18+ aged people

Ok but we've had ten years of finals footy with four grand final appearances and two wins and we managed 12,000 members this year, so winning isn't the be all and end all.
Doesn't sound like a lot but the NRL has only been pushing club membership for the last few years, and our numbers have been growing.

Plus, that 12000 aren't really memberships as such, they are ticketing packages. The only real membership that includes the right to have a say is via the Football Club.

The plans of the Penns may or may not have merit but until the FC members know exactly what those plans are I'm not surprised they want to maintain the status quo.

Brookie redevelopment plans are key in these manoevrings. It might be Penns playing hardball with the council. Meanwhile if the council structure is changing that could prove significant. A modern boutique stadium on the northside is a must.

This is what I think. The Penns brought the leagues club and at the time they said they wanted to build a place for us all to go to and they would put money into making it the hart of manly.. Move forward and they do nothing, sit on it and sell to the highest bidder for over 3 times what they paid for it. NEXT ..
The sea eagles then get the rules to play games away removed. That then puts millions more worth to the franchise. Then some one from Perth or qld offers big profits for it and they will be off with the cash again ,like they did at the leagues club and we will be playing out of god knows where..
Its all about the money guys . Dont you see it.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like a lot but the NRL has only been pushing club membership for the last few years, and our numbers have been growing.

Plus, that 12000 aren't really memberships as such, they are ticketing packages. The only real membership that includes the right to have a say is via the Football Club.

The plans of the Penns may or may not have merit but until the FC members know exactly what those plans are I'm not surprised they want to maintain the status quo.

Brookie redevelopment plans are key in these manoevrings. It might be Penns playing hardball with the council. Meanwhile if the council structure is changing that could prove significant. A modern boutique stadium on the northside is a must.
What size? I reckon no more than 15,000. It should always be packed and getting a ticket should be hard if you are not a member. People will want 20 but I'd rather it be a little smaller and fully utilised.

I assume it was in response to the "article" magically appearing in the DT courtesy of the PR manager Dean Ritchie

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...mes-at-brookvale/story-fnp0lyn3-1227473162188

Only difference is at least one side is prepared to put their name to their media releases.
That article seemed to me to be about:

The Sea Eagles want council to decrease the ground hire fee. Discussions between the two parties are expected to continue within the next two to three weeks.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7