Football Club response to Sea Eagles request for less than 10 games at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes I think its currently named Cobalt.

It would be great if the 10mill could be spent in a way that could facilitate an expansion further down the track - but its in limbo now @:cool:

Yes and that's my point. The Penns are not about the football but about the money they can make from it. Ie high rise. Example : the leagues club.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
have to join the football club to keep it relevant and ensure they have a say and presence.
the redevelopment has been on the table for many years. Brookvale Park is classified as Community Land and any redevelopment is supposed to fit in with its plan of management, as for other significant sites in the area such as John Fisher Park, District Park etc. There may be plans for North Manly Bowling Club ?

have to join the football club to keep it relevant and ensure they have a say and presence.
the redevelopment has been on the table for many years. Brookvale Park is classified as Community Land and any redevelopment is supposed to fit in with its plan of management, as for other significant sites in the area such as John Fisher Park, District Park etc. There may be plans for North Manly Bowling Club ?

So what the Penns do is go for the pie in the sky project that has the least opportunity of getting up. They run dead on fund raising through government. The get rid of Sibraa's committee that was making head way and then they will say it was all to hard and we need to get out of here.

• 👍
Surely by now they can see this wont happen

Spend the $10M on a matching Ken Arthurson stand = seats + corporate + facilities.

We got $20 million not just $10.

Baird kicked in with $10 million also.

Surely that can do some great renovations at the ground?

We really need stands on either side of the ground reaching down the entire sidelines. We could do one each time.

Bucket seats around the fence & food & drinks outlets & it's looking so much better already.

We dont need elaborate plans...like highrises that will never be passed.

Do one stand at a time & we could have a new brookie within 10 years.

Surely $20 mill is enough for 1 stand now & some improvements.

We can then go after another $20 mill later & get the other stand.

we only have the Political leaders as local members in their second terms - surely if they do support their area they can make things happen

• 🤝
There was a (comic) piece in the Manly Daily, wondering if 2v will run for the Senate now that Bronny Bishop has blown her safe seat.

It would be interesting - he'd get my vote :)

Spray paint over the bathroom tiles in the mens room sounds like a recipe for disaster...
Yeah that probably happens every game anyway after someones had a dodgy pie

BTW - I dunno if anyone ever watches Love it or list it - the Canadian reno show - the woman there can't reno two rooms for 100k but the Selling Houses guys can do one inside and out for 20 with a few cheats. Never understand it.

We really need stands on either side of the ground reaching down the entire sidelines. We could do one each time.

Bucket seats around the fence & food & drinks outlets & it's looking so much better already.

I've been saying that for years.

did the grant people talk about pay for the extension to the Jane Try stand, the black fencing, the general clean-up etc ?

So what the Penns do is go for the pie in the sky project that has the least opportunity of getting up. They run dead on fund raising through government. The get rid of Sibraa's committee that was making head way and then they will say it was all to hard and we need to get out of here.

I think there were all sorts of concepts for redevelopment going back a few years now. Maybe the focus has shifted to another site up the road a bit ? Recall something in the Manly Daily fairly recently about talk of a multi user club/ facility at North Manly. ?

Why is it up to our caretakers to decide what happens at Brookie? If money has been pledged it must be to the Council, which controls the ground. The tenant has no legal say in what improves are done.
So, what's the Council doing with the $20-Million?

• 👍
Why is it up to our caretakers to decide what happens at Brookie? If money has been pledged it must be to the Council, which controls the ground. The tenant has no legal say in what improves are done.
I asked the same thing earlier. Someone answered it somewhere in the thread but the gist is they sit on the cash while DA's get stalled

The Council does not have the monies - it's in the State coffers as a budgeted allocation with an end date. The NSW Government earns the interest on it, just like any infrastructure pool.

The Council is responsible for the developments in its area, but its not them that are in need of a bigger seating Stadium, but the major tenant - MWSE Franchise

MWSE Franchise needs to apply for a DA that the NRL approve, to meet their definition of a Stadium.Then it goes through the normal Council DA process @:cool:

Last edited:
  • 📚

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8