Football Club AGM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Tonight I attended the Football club AGM. This meeting was held tonight after the postponement in December due to the Covid 19 outbreak on the Northern Beaches.

What was great about the meeting is we had Stephen Humphries, the CEO of the Sea Eagles do a speech and take questions from the crowd and he came across very professionally and answered the questions put to him very well.

He was asked about topics like membership for 2021 and explained why the club has gone down the pathway it has in relation to ticket prices for games and the reasons needed to do this. I appreciated that as I am sceptical of what the Sea Eagles do as their recent history has been to pretty much ignore the football club, it is very welcome that the CEO took the time to explain things in depth. He talked about the challenges of 2020 and the covid world that we live in and how hard it was for the playing group playing in a bubble under very strict guidelines.

He also spoke about the centre of excellence and the real hope that we might get a grant from the State government to turn Brookvale into a 20K all seat stadium with modern facilities and that there is a good chance that something will be announced this year by the NRL and State Government.

We voted on the proposal to take a further game away from Brookvale and that motion was passed after some questions were put forward and answered fairly.

Also discussed was recruitment for the team and the concerns some of us have about our ability to be able to play without a recognised hooker etc. We were told the team is training well and primed for a good season under the radar as we like it.

I have to say that this was one of the better AGMs and it was so nice to finally see some cohesion rather than division between the Football club and the Sea Eagles board.

Humphreys spoke well and respectfully, and took any questions asked - but didn’t actually say much. He is confident we will get the funding for Brookie, but it seems too good to be true.
Des was an apology, due to the current camp at Homebush. Humphreys said Des had plans to cover hooker and was confident it was not the weakness it appears.
Cliffy unfortunately was COVID tested today and in isolation, so also an apology. David O’Donnell chaired.

@sheridanstand78 thank you for providing an update. I have always wanted to attend AGM however work commitments never allow it. I think it is great Stephen Humphries attended and may this be the start of an olive branch between the two faction and may they soon unite for the better good and future of the club :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
@sheridanstand78 thank you for providing an update. I have always wanted to attend AGM however work commitments never allow it. I think it is great Stephen Humphries attended and may this be the start of an olive branch between the two faction and may they soon unite for the better good and future of the club :clap::clap::clap:

Agreed!

Thanks @sheridanstand78 and others for the update. I too would love to attend an AGM but the drive there and back is a bit long and my vee-hickle doesn't have a long enough snorkel.

(Plus too many spiders and snakes in Aust)

Now what else happened? Spill that tea!

Tonight I attended the Football club AGM. This meeting was held tonight after the postponement in December due to the Covid 19 outbreak on the Northern Beaches.

What was great about the meeting is we had Stephen Humphries, the CEO of the Sea Eagles do a speech and take questions from the crowd and he came across very professionally and answered the questions put to him very well.

He was asked about topics like membership for 2021 and explained why the club has gone down the pathway it has in relation to ticket prices for games and the reasons needed to do this. I appreciated that as I am sceptical of what the Sea Eagles do as their recent history has been to pretty much ignore the football club, it is very welcome that the CEO took the time to explain things in depth. He talked about the challenges of 2020 and the covid world that we live in and how hard it was for the playing group playing in a bubble under very strict guidelines.

He also spoke about the centre of excellence and the real hope that we might get a grant from the State government to turn Brookvale into a 20K all seat stadium with modern facilities and that there is a good chance that something will be announced this year by the NRL and State Government.

We voted on the proposal to take a further game away from Brookvale and that motion was passed after some questions were put forward and answered fairly.

Also discussed was recruitment for the team and the concerns some of us have about our ability to be able to play without a recognised hooker etc. We were told the team is training well and primed for a good season under the radar as we like it.

I have to say that this was one of the better AGMs and it was so nice to finally see some cohesion rather than division between the Football club and the Sea Eagles board.
Thank you very much for the update

Great Work Feathered friend , Thank you !

There was a lot of good things to come out of the meeting.

The membership packages for 2021 will only stay for this year and revert back to the old model in 2022.

The centre of excellence is an amazing project and will update the facilities our football division needs, state of the art training facilities, recovery for the players, and a model that allows the facilities to be adapted for game day as corporate hospitality.

I had a chat with Stephen Humphries and he really was easy to talk to, I asked him about a range of topics like AFB leaving, The effect that young Keith Titmuss's death has had on the squad and the culture that they are trying to build.

The AFB departure was tough on the club and I think they are satisfied that he is a character than just likes to move on every few years and we have a great replacement in Josh.

The Keith Titmuss death has devastated the club and the players are still getting help to deal with it and there is a determination and motivation to play for Keith.

I walked away feeling good that the club has a good plan and that they really are trying so hard to build that winning culture and create an environment where the players grow and learn and improve.

I think for me the best thing to come out is the prospect that within a few years we could finally have an upgrade for the whole ground making sure our club will survive in the long term and we have a state of the art facility that ensures our fans and members have a place to be proud of for you years to come. We all love Brooky and know that we are the 14th player to help the team. She is tired and old and needs to be re done and this could be a real turning point if this could be achieved.

It is really good that the owners are taking steps to work with the football club again and not isolate them and seeing the CEO chat and the way he handled some tough questions and come across as sincere and genuine made us all feel good.

The team I think will relish being under the radar, we have a few issues especially waiting for the Fainu trial to be done. I believe that the team will rally around and come together after the tragedy of what happened too Keith Titmuss and surprise a few people this year.

Lets hope that we get a better hand with injuries this year and the team can do itself justice as what I likes about what our CEO said is that we significantly underachieved in 2020 and we had to learn some very harsh lessons.

Footy season is just around the corner, bring it on!!

There was a lot of good things to come out of the meeting.

The membership packages for 2021 will only stay for this year and revert back to the old model in 2022.

The centre of excellence is an amazing project and will update the facilities our football division needs, state of the art training facilities, recovery for the players, and a model that allows the facilities to be adapted for game day as corporate hospitality.

I had a chat with Stephen Humphries and he really was easy to talk to, I asked him about a range of topics like AFB leaving, The effect that young Keith Titmuss's death has had on the squad and the culture that they are trying to build.

The AFB departure was tough on the club and I think they are satisfied that he is a character than just likes to move on every few years and we have a great replacement in Josh.

The Keith Titmuss death has devastated the club and the players are still getting help to deal with it and there is a determination and motivation to play for Keith.

I walked away feeling good that the club has a good plan and that they really are trying so hard to build that winning culture and create an environment where the players grow and learn and improve.

I think for me the best thing to come out is the prospect that within a few years we could finally have an upgrade for the whole ground making sure our club will survive in the long term and we have a state of the art facility that ensures our fans and members have a place to be proud of for you years to come. We all love Brooky and know that we are the 14th player to help the team. She is tired and old and needs to be re done and this could be a real turning point if this could be achieved.

It is really good that the owners are taking steps to work with the football club again and not isolate them and seeing the CEO chat and the way he handled some tough questions and come across as sincere and genuine made us all feel good.

The team I think will relish being under the radar, we have a few issues especially waiting for the Fainu trial to be done. I believe that the team will rally around and come together after the tragedy of what happened too Keith Titmuss and surprise a few people this year.

Lets hope that we get a better hand with injuries this year and the team can do itself justice as what I likes about what our CEO said is that we significantly underachieved in 2020 and we had to learn some very harsh lessons.

Footy season is just around the corner, bring it on!!
Very good summation, thanks heaps for us FC members who are interstate and far away.

Thanks mate for the update

Agreed!

Thanks @sheridanstand78 and others for the update. I too would love to attend an AGM but the drive there and back is a bit long and my vee-hickle doesn't have a long enough snorkel.

(Plus too many spiders and snakes in Aust)

Now what else happened? Spill that tea!
Yep, too long of a drive for me too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7