Flanagan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep and guess who they'll get to replace him. Schuster for sure. The Rorters don't ever trade down.
I bloody hope not ,besides he is signed for till 2022 ? and he hasn't even started yet, he has had a 65 minute NRL career so far .As good as he is you would hope that he would " dance with the one that brought him"' ,so to speak

To suggest that the Roosters aren’t manipulating the system in every way possible is ludicrous , they’d have every deal going known to man and then some.

With the corporate “ who’s who” behind them the options are absolutely endless.

The salary cap provided by the NRL probably wouldn’t be half of what their players would get ( even without golf games ).

When I first came to Brisbane I became involved in the Men of League organisation , sponsored a travel prize for them and got invited to many of their large and some quite small fund raising gatherings.

At one of these smaller soirées I was sat next to a very prominent Broncos player of the 1990’s during their “ golden era”.

I couldn’t help but ask him how they managed to have virtually the state of origin side of the time playing for them, his response was “ cash Mark, loads and loads and loads of it “.

I really think it wouldn’t be so much cash these days as large sums are really hard to get rid of but the list of “ in kind services “ would be enormous.

Makes a big lie out of the old "All Queenslander's want to play for the Broncos" line they used to trot out doesn't it.

I mean, just look at their 1993 GF winning side and you can tell that there is absolutely no way they could have legitimately been under the salary cap of the time (despite all their whinging, that led to Super League, that they weren't getting a fair go because the game was run from Sydney)....

Back rower Alan Cann was the only player in that starting side who had not played rep footy at that stage, while bench players John Plath and Peter Ryan also hadn't played rep footy.

Fullback Julian O'Neill was the only backline player who hadn't played test football at that stage. He'd "only" played Origin for Qld..... In fact, Michael Hancock, Steve Renouf, Willie Carne, Kevin Walters and Allan Langer made up most of the Aussie backline (Walters was mostly on the bench thanks to the presence of Laurie Daley and Brad Fittler), and Chris Johns had been a Kangaroo until the end of 1992.

And they were both hard done by AND under the salary cap? Pfft ...they were neither.

Last edited:
Can just picture Des receiving the call Robbo took earlier this season "hey why did you drop my son?" ... "coz he's sh!t Shane" lolol

No I don't want him at our club, thanks.

Thar be an article in todays DT (arrr) that has once again Daddy coming to his defence saying his son was gutted (fair enough) and that he thought he played real well, busted his butt all year etc etc.

Made me think of your post and how yes, you'd be getting Dad along for the ride. He'd probably turn up to training in a Manly shirt and start being an assistant coach!

View attachment 15762
Just posted on Mole twitter
thought this was real for a sec hahaha.

I'd be happy for him if he left. A combo of Burton / Flanagan could really become something for the dogs and probably their best bet unless they try sign someone like a pearce, probs shouldve kept foran.

Roosters are idiots and must be in the hunt for someone. Surely they cant sign pearce?

Thar be an article in todays DT (arrr) that has once again Daddy coming to his defence saying his son was gutted (fair enough) and that he thought he played real well, busted his butt all year etc etc.

Made me think of your post and how yes, you'd be getting Dad along for the ride. He'd probably turn up to training in a Manly shirt and start being an assistant coach!
The dad and the son never crack a smile, they look like they have dark clouds hanging all around them, to paraphrase hamlet.

Deadset Schuster Walker Croker Cust and now Foran and people think we need another 6? The names above aren't perfect of course but neither is Flanno, we can't keep throwing in 6s and hope they save our team

Schuster to Turbo will become the new Lyons to Menzies ... (he just has three targets instead of just one haha)

Deadset Schuster Walker Croker Cust and now Foran and people think we need another 6? The names above aren't perfect of course but neither is Flanno, we can't keep throwing in 6s and hope they save our team

Schuster to Turbo will become the new Lyons to Menzies ... (he just has three targets instead of just one haha)
Yep I reckon Schuster Turbo will be something special. I'd even throw Fainu in there. This spine at full strength excited me.

Half back is a key position for general game management in the modern game but a quality 6 is almost as important considering the amount of attacking plays they are expected to also instigate . Look at the calibre of 6 "s of the remaining finalists , Wighton , Cody Walker , Munster and Luai and the previous excellent form of Keary and Brown . Schuster has to or should be in the Manly run on side somewhere but still would not underestimate the consideration of having Dylan Walker as a 6 and for the demands of the position . Josh has still played a good part of his junior footy as an edge and still could offer his good skill range there . Still probable that Josh will be considered as a likely 6 option and obviously need a solid centre partner for a fully fit Suli but again to be at the business end of the season , having a good level 6 is as important as any other key position .

thought this was real for a sec hahaha.

I'd be happy for him if he left. A combo of Burton / Flanagan could really become something for the dogs and probably their best bet unless they try sign someone like a pearce, probs shouldve kept foran.

Roosters are idiots and must be in the hunt for someone. Surely they cant sign pearce?
We don't want the Dogs becoming anything other than wooden spoon because :
A. To show that dumping Barrett was correct
B. They're the only likely club to keep us off the bottom.

I feel for Flanngan. He went into final with low grade acl tear. Needled up at start and a half time. He then gets judged on that performance by some. I think he could be a future star. I hope he does and comes back to haunt the roosters.
Are you suggesting he was dumped by the Roosters based on that performance?He was dropped earlier in the season and then his dad rang Robinson to bitch over why he got dumped.Successful clubs don’t accept mediocrity and you have to be wary of players great teams flick

Are you suggesting he was dumped by the Roosters based on that performance?He was dropped earlier in the season and then his dad rang Robinson to bitch over why he got dumped.Successful clubs don’t accept mediocrity and you have to be wary of players great teams flick
A bit reminiscent of Croft at Storm. Supposedly the up-and-coming halfback of exceptional skills, given every opportunity in a very strong team... but judged to be not quite up to it, and this year in a different (worse) team he proved to be pretty bloody mediocre!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4