Flanagan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully the rumour the wheel posted on the pinned thread that the Rooters are looking at bringing Pearce back is on the money and they leave Josh alone
I find the paranoia about losing Schuster a bit funny, really. It has alwasy been the case that any gun player will attract plenty of attention and big offers from rival clubs. Always. And if you have a happy and successful club, they usually stay put - provided they are also rewarded with big pay packets.
Where clubs can get into trouble is paying the big dollars out of fear of losing someone. Recall the outrage recently because we weren’t offering Hoppa enough or cuddling him enough? Funny!

He was on a hiding to nothing a
So they're letting Flanagan go and looking to bring back Mitchell Piss ?

Is dog boy going to play for the 250K Flanagan is reportedly on ?

Good one. He'd want triple that as a minimum.
I think Mitchell is trying to negotiate a new contract at Newcastle, so it is probably just his manager trying to extract a few more dollars from the Knights.

So they're letting Flanagan go and looking to bring back Mitchell Piss ?

Is dog boy going to play for the 250K Flanagan is reportedly on ?

Good one. He'd want triple that as a minimum.
Smart clubs find a way and squeeze those Marquee players in their cap
Mediocre clubs cant find a way and just whinge

Correct me if I'm wrong because there is always the chance that I'm misguided. But, as I understand it, each club as a maximum amount that is payable to players (about 10 million). This is called a salary cap. Plus, a player is allowed to earn as much as he can in TPA's but the club is not allowed to guarantee that money or play a role in its procurement.

How then, is a smart club supposed to squeeze players in ? The Gift scenario has put the kaibosh on paying under a player's market value. The club can't just give a 2 bedroom unit in Bondi to the player but put it in his wife's name. So how exactly can you "squeeze someone in" ? You can't turn one dollar into two.

This is the whole issue with the Rorter's sombrero. The only options I see are,

1. They are paying a player 70% of their worth. Illegal.
2. They are paying more than the allowable amount on their 30 man squad. Illegal.
3. They are organising TPA's for their players. Again, Illegal.

At 250K, Flanagan is excellent value when you consider what elite 7's are earning. That's Lachlan Croker money or close enough to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong because there is always the chance that I'm misguided. But, as I understand it, each club as a maximum amount that is payable to players (about 10 million). This is called a salary cap. Plus, a player is allowed to earn as much as he can in TPA's but the club is not allowed to guarantee that money or play a role in its procurement.

How then, is a smart club supposed to squeeze players in ? The Gift scenario has put the kaibosh on paying under a player's market value. The club can't just give a 2 bedroom unit in Bondi to the player but put it in his wife's name. So how exactly can you "squeeze someone in" ? You can't turn one dollar into two.

This is the whole issue with the Rorter's sombrero. The only options I see are,

1. They are paying a player 70% of their worth. Illegal.
2. They are paying more than the allowable amount on their 30 man squad. Illegal.
3. They are organising TPA's for their players. Again, Illegal.

At 250K, Flanagan is excellent value when you consider what elite 7's are earning. That's Lachlan Croker money or close enough to it.
Correct me if I am wrong but the Roosters are being audited just like all other clubs
and apart from whingers spreading conspiracy theories no flying sauces are found
Nothing more to say unless you have any evidence of Rooster Corruption that you can email Peter Vlandys
istockphoto-523250164-1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: bSw
Correct me if I am wrong but the Roosters are being audited just like all other clubs
and apart from whingers spreading conspiracy theories no flying sauces are found
Nothing more to say unless you have any evidence of Rooster Corruption that you can email Peter Vlandys

I have mentioned it before, I have a relative who played most of his career at the roosters (he was a souths supporter as a kid).

For a bloke on a salary that it was reported he was on he budgeted extremely well.
We use to joke at family get togethers about brown paper bags. He would say never seen one but we do get looked after, he never mentioned how or if it was legit or not.
His daughter went to a pretty good private school, when asked about it one day the daughter said dad how would you know how much it cost, we never paid the fees.

He hinted there was a something going on but never admitted if it was above aboard or dodgy. I doubt many would, who going to get themselves into **** and forgo extras by coming forward even 10 years down the track. You are going to have the ATO going through everything.

I have mentioned it before, I have a relative who played most of his career at the roosters (he was a souths supporter as a kid).

For a bloke on a salary that it was reported he was on he budgeted extremely well.
We use to joke at family get togethers about brown paper bags. He would say never seen one but we do get looked after, he never mentioned how or if it was legit or not.
His daughter went to a pretty good private school, when asked about it one day the daughter said dad how would you know how much it cost, we never paid the fees.

He hinted there was a something going on but never admitted if it was above aboard or dodgy. I doubt many would, who going to get themselves into **** and forgo extras by coming forward even 10 years down the track. You are going to have the ATO going through everything.
SO many ways to dodge the system.

Here’s an extra $150k easy peasy.

1) free health care for the family $2000
2) free child care for 3 kids $30000
3) free electricity $3000
4) free swimming pool $35000
5) free swimming pool maintenance $5000
6) free house furnishing package $25000
7) free overseas travel $20000
8) free travel card for overseas spend $10000
9) free lease of a new car each 12 months $20000
10) free Sportsbet account with a $10k credit

Every one of those easily set up by the club through their various sponsors and connections , virtually untraceable ( car rego’d as a demo ).

At the end of the day there has been no evidence and we have no case

SO many ways to dodge the system.

Here’s an extra $150k easy peasy.

1) free health care for the family $2000
2) free child care for 3 kids $30000
3) free electricity $3000
4) free swimming pool $35000
5) free swimming pool maintenance $5000
6) free house furnishing package $25000
7) free overseas travel $20000
8) free travel card for overseas spend $10000
9) free lease of a new car each 12 months $20000
10) free Sportsbet account with a $10k credit

Every one of those easily set up by the club through their various sponsors and connections , virtually untraceable ( car rego’d as a demo ).
So Many ? Name a club and a CEO feathered friend and remember to have a good lawyer if you are about to do so

View attachment 15755
I will correct you.....Hidden away in that Flying saucer, is the Chief salary cap Investigator who coincidentally and some would say innappropriately, signed on with Roosters as "Salary cap compliance officor" to help "FIT IN" some players on Massive contracts (Tedesco, Creighton and Cronk) to a team already jam filled with rep players.....almost qualifies as a vested interest and certainly NOT a good look.
Even Ex roosters players have blown the whistle on numerous occasions and players like Fletcher often have a laugh about the Sombrero.....I'm kind of with you in the sense of preferring to look in the own backyard at Manly and simply say "we need to improve, more so than be concerned about what other teams are doing".....but far as Roosters and a supposed salary cap - it is a joke....

Roosters hire Ian Schubert as Salary Cap Compliance Manager
01-30-2018, 08:28 PM

Schubert, who worked at the NRL as chief salary cap investigator for more than a decade, has a long association with the Roosters. The former Kangaroos winger played 122 games for the club.

THE Sydney Roosters have hired the NRL’s most respected salary cap auditor to shut down the constant innuendo about their big-money signings of superstars James Tedesco, Cooper Cronk and Angus Crichton.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Ian Schubert, the man who exposed the Melbourne Storm scandal in 2010, started work at the Roosters on Monday as their salary cap compliance manager.

Cronk, Tedesco and Crichton joined the Roosters on multimillion-dollar contracts, triggering a huge fan backlash on social media and unfounded accusations the glamour club was rorting the cap.

I will correct you.....Hidden away in that Flying saucer, is the Chief salary cap Investigator who coincidentally and some would say innappropriately, signed on with Roosters as "Salary cap compliance officor" to help "FIT IN" some players on Massive contracts (Tedesco, Creighton and Cronk) to a team already jam filled with rep players.....almost qualifies as a vested interest and certainly NOT a good look.
Even Ex roosters players have blown the whistle on numerous occasions and players like Fletcher often have a laugh about the Sombrero.....I'm kind of with you in the sense of preferring to look in the own backyard at Manly and simply say "we need to improve, more so than be concerned about what other teams are doing".....but far as Roosters and a supposed salary cap - it is a joke....

Schubert, who worked at the NRL as chief salary cap investigator for more than a decade, has a long association with the Roosters. The former Kangaroos winger played 122 games for the club.

THE Sydney Roosters have hired the NRL’s most respected salary cap auditor to shut down the constant innuendo about their big-money signings of superstars James Tedesco, Cooper Cronk and Angus Crichton.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Ian Schubert, the man who exposed the Melbourne Storm scandal in 2010, started work at the Roosters on Monday as their salary cap compliance manager.

Cronk, Tedesco and Crichton joined the Roosters on multimillion-dollar contracts, triggering a huge fan backlash on social media and unfounded accusations the glamour club was rorting the cap.
I have heard it all before .
At the end of the day we have Lots of corruption talk but no legal action taken .

If we didn’t have Schuster I would say yes. This is because I believe Flanagan is a true halfback and Cherry Evans has always been a five eighth.

Would rather keep Schuster, couldn’t have both.

Also the slag on Flanagan is a bit over the top. Hes a pretty good player who has a solid first year. He was great for 2/3 of the year... definitely not one of the worst suggestions we’ve had here.

You must be in awe of the world's biggest tax evaders for being so smart. And all us taxpaying workers of the world are mediocre whingers. Doh!

You must be in awe of the world's biggest tax evaders for being so smart. And all us taxpaying workers of the world are mediocre whingers. Doh!
I Used to be a mediocre whinger tax payer that paid more tax than my colleagues until I found a smart accountant .
There are some dumb accountants and some smart ones out there
Being a Manly supporter during our Glory days I also got used to the conspiracy theories how Arko got the refs to favour us and all the tall poppies trying to expose our club and Arko to no avail

I wish we had people like late KP on our Board Sexy Maxy .
A very smart operator indeed . Sit back and appreciate his wonder

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8