Flanagan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wish we had people like late KP on our Board Sexy Maxy .
A very smart operator indeed . Sit back and appreciate his wonder
Fair enough Bozo .... definitely have made a few bungles with our salary cap in recent years which not many can argue with...

At the end of the day there has been no evidence and we have no case
Sorry @BOZO I am usually in full support of your unwavering optimism and positivity, but surely you can't be that naive?

The NRL would have to invest a lot of money on investigative accountants and auditors to pin point any foul play re TPAs, sponsors, etc. This is not your, "let's have a second set of books hiding under the table." Put simply, there would be absolutely no return on such an investment. On the contrary, it would be a complete financial disaster.

As I'm sure you're aware, in the real world of business, finding loopholes is all part of the game, and Nick Politics has made a living off this

Sorry @BOZO I am usually in full support of your unwavering optimism and positivity, but surely you can't be that naive?

The NRL would have to invest a lot of money on investigative accountants and auditors to pin point any foul play re TPAs, sponsors, etc. This is not your, "let's have a second set of books hiding under the table." Put simply, there would be absolutely no return on such an investment. On the contrary, it would be a complete financial disaster.

As I'm sure you're aware, in the real world of business, finding loopholes is all part of the game, and Nick Politics has made a living off this
So so true - Politis would be handing over Rolex's and losing huge money at Golf as many on here have suggested previously. All very very hard to say were anything extra above and beyond the contracts or anything to do with TPI's. He is very very shrewd - if he went down every one would be going down because if the smartest tricketsr was found out gee the rest would have kiddy toddler strategies compared to his.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Roosters are being audited just like all other clubs
and apart from whingers spreading conspiracy theories no flying sauces are found
Nothing more to say unless you have any evidence of Rooster Corruption that you can email Peter Vlandys
View attachment 15755

Suspect practices don't show up in audits Bozo. That's why they're suspect.

Our side that won the competition in 2008 and 2011 had a lot of stars in it too. But everything was back ended and we paid for it in the end.

You may be right and everything may be above board. But I'm a mathematician so I have this tendency to do the sums.

Suspect practices don't show up in audits Bozo. That's why they're suspect.

Our side that won the competition in 2008 and 2011 had a lot of stars in it too. But everything was back ended and we paid for it in the end.

You may be right and everything may be above board. But I'm a mathematician so I have this tendency to do the sums.
Agree, Des did it above board and back ended. It paid off for manly with 2 premierships, and almost did so for Canterbury with 2 gf appearances.

Backending in a big way is now not really possible.

Agree, Des did it above board and back ended. It paid off for manly with 2 premierships, and almost did so for Canterbury with 2 gf appearances.

Backending in a big way is now not really possible.
I'm pretty sure the NRL put an end to back ended contracts

So so true - Politis would be handing over Rolex's and losing huge money at Golf as many on here have suggested previously. All very very hard to say were anything extra above and beyond the contracts or anything to do with TPI's. He is very very shrewd - if he went down every one would be going down because if the smartest tricketsr was found out gee the rest would have kiddy toddler strategies compared to his.
To suggest that the Roosters aren’t manipulating the system in every way possible is ludicrous , they’d have every deal going known to man and then some.

With the corporate “ who’s who” behind them the options are absolutely endless.

The salary cap provided by the NRL probably wouldn’t be half of what their players would get ( even without golf games ).

When I first came to Brisbane I became involved in the Men of League organisation , sponsored a travel prize for them and got invited to many of their large and some quite small fund raising gatherings.

At one of these smaller soirées I was sat next to a very prominent Broncos player of the 1990’s during their “ golden era”.

I couldn’t help but ask him how they managed to have virtually the state of origin side of the time playing for them, his response was “ cash Mark, loads and loads and loads of it “.

I really think it wouldn’t be so much cash these days as large sums are really hard to get rid of but the list of “ in kind services “ would be enormous.

To suggest that the Roosters aren’t manipulating the system in every way possible is ludicrous , they’d have every deal going known to man and then some.

With the corporate “ who’s who” behind them the options are absolutely endless.

The salary cap provided by the NRL probably wouldn’t be half of what their players would get ( even without golf games ).

When I first came to Brisbane I became involved in the Men of League organisation , sponsored a travel prize for them and got invited to many of their large and some quite small fund raising gatherings.

At one of these smaller soirées I was sat next to a very prominent Broncos player of the 1990’s during their “ golden era”.

I couldn’t help but ask him how they managed to have virtually the state of origin side of the time playing for them, his response was “ cash Mark, loads and loads and loads of it “.

I really think it wouldn’t be so much cash these days as large sums are really hard to get rid of but the list of “ in kind services “ would be enormous.
Exactly Mark and the Broncs, Melb and the Rorters are still manipulating contracts and "services" with immunity. If one of those three was to go down again - League is in a whole lot of trouble so they will turn a blind eye. People at the top will have some idea - some more than others. But yes if one of the big three were exposed as rorters the mess would be massive and the NRL simply doesn't want to know.

Exactly Mark and the Broncs, Melb and the Rorters are still manipulating contracts and "services" with immunity. If one of those three was to go down again - League is in a whole lot of trouble so they will turn a blind eye. People at the top will have some idea - some more than others. But yes if one of the big three were exposed as rorters the mess would be massive and the NRL simply doesn't want to know.
They are most definitely turning a blind eye ( but perhaps more as a cost issue as the cost of forensic accounting would be massive ).

They are most definitely turning a blind eye ( but perhaps more as a cost issue as the cost of forensic accounting would be massive ).
Yes true but remember they spent a lot of money and time in analysing our books to find us guilty. They would do it if they had to but to me it is more about the fact that the big three essentially have "immunity" because of the damage to the game if they went down. Just my view.

Yes true but remember they spent a lot of money and time in analysing our books to find us guilty. They would do it if they had to but to me it is more about the fact that the big three essentially have "immunity" because of the damage to the game if they went down. Just my view.
Whatever happened to the massive news regarding the Broncos, dodgy third party contracts and Panfai Jr? The story Hooper sprouted as HUGE news... It's gone dead quiet since they back flipped on sacking Pangai.

Another rug and broom moment.

Whatever happened to the massive news regarding the Broncos, dodgy third party contracts and Panfai Jr? The story Hooper sprouted as HUGE news... It's gone dead quiet since they back flipped on sacking Pangai.

Another rug and broom moment.
You bet - all was a misunderstanding. Silly Pangai not understanding that these things were supposed to be secret! Lucky the NRL realised and poured water on that fire and then yes swept the ashes under the carpet. Silly boy.

dogss.jpg

Just posted on Mole twitter

Hire the former salary cap auditor as your money man, and you are bound to get credibility with HQ as well as find every little trick in existence

Good luck to him if he can secure a permanent spot in first grade and the chooks don't want him anymore. He'll probably have a heap more cash and maybe his dad will turn up as an assistant coach there as well.

As for dodgy deals, all the clubs do it if they have benefactors who are prepared to pay the money and this is where the chooks are in the best position. Money gets filtered through the family in some way or another and the players just say 'great' because their family is being looked after and leave their manager to deal with it. School fees, tertiary education fees, holiday homes, motor cars etc etc.

Typically the player managers provide the player with an allowance each month to live on and then invest the rest for future gain. It's not an easy job actually, as players agree to an amount to live on and then some (many actually) decide to wager it on gambling and are constantly asking for more to live on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4