[Resurrected] First spoon is coming!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seibs has to do something about our left side defence (21 tries +). So who is out there?
Cooper Johns, Telma Tuilagi, Brad Parker and Reuben Garrick... and Turbo on the weekend (what was he doing on the wing?).
Johns - tries hard and saved a certain try, however, I think Tuilagi moves in to try and cover him
Tuilagi - I haven't seen his stats, however, I think he moves in, making his outside backs also move in exposing the winger to space
Parker - great defence when one on one, however, not when the opposite centre is faster and can step him, like Cronulla's first try
Garrick - quite reliable, however, where was he with each of Cronulla's left hand tries?

Our defence on both edges is not good, however Saab and Koula are improving each week. Haumole has a real problem changing direction and too often rushes up looking for the 'big hit' and when he misses, he's left lying on the ground watching a player run by. He jogs up in attack and then accelerates and needs to do that in attack.

The Sharks played enterprising football in the first half, fast play the balls, shifting it right and left, with players running at full pace, looking for offloads, whereas our guys, with 38% possession, just tried to 'grind' it upfield, and without DCE's kicking and chase, it was abysmal.

The nearest support when Paseka made his break, were still setting up for the next play, 30m behind. Two years ago, Turbo would have seen that coming and would have been right inside or outside him, as would have DCE, or at least someone.
So,

I was at the game and the fact that no one was anywhere near Paseka when he made that awesome break was pretty damming. Whatever happened to supporting the ball carrier. We are a dead set joke. Such a dumb football side.

If we get the spoon I think I’ll crawl in a hole and re-emerge if we win a few games in a row in 2024.

The off season on here would be absolute murder.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8