Fire up ladies!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Daniel all your posts are defeatist and imo crap. Keep the faith boyo, don't lose yorself in the pit of despair and defeatism. We'll win tonight and go onto take the silverware. And Leichhardt is a crap place to watch footie. The tigger supporters are the lowest in the league, full of spite, homophobia, bile and other misdemeanours that hover around the lumpenproletariat. The toilets are rubbish, the hill is dusty and they often run out of beer. Poor place really.

Not watching a game because you think your team will lose is just pathetic.

Not watching a game because you know they will lose is genius.

That isn't why I am not going though

[quote author=Ryan]
Realism hurts some people Danners. Unfortunately, I'm heading out there to witness what I personally believe (but don't obviously HOPE) to be Manly's last game of the year.

Sucks. We REALLY needed Belly out there tonight...

If we WIN, I am so going to be crazy tonight !!

Thats the whole point of being there tonight Ryan, the possibility of a victory, we may not be favourite and a win would be somewhat of a surprise.

It is the reason we go, the hope of victory and the overwhelming sensation that we experience when that victory happens. For us tragics there can be no greater feeling. You only have to cast your mind back to the victory against the Dogs at Brookie just a few weeks ago. The euphoria that those victories bring is the drug that brings is back.

Will it happen tonite, I don't know but if it does I will be there, in person cheering, screaming and exchanging high fives with any one who is wearing maroon & white. I will also know, that in my own small way I may have been a contrbutor to the victory because of my cheering & applauding. I cannot experience that feeling anywhere else other than being in person.

Enjoy your beers in some bar Dan, I wouldn't swap my position for yours for any amount of money in the world.

[/quote]

Can't disagree with anything you have said there...I'll be there right along with you...The difference I guess is expectation. I don't expect us to win...I mean....realistially...does anyone?

We are not without a chance, especially with the Dragons ability to choke in big games when they are favourites.

We are not without a chance, especially with the Dragons ability to choke in big games when they are favourites.
So we can't win on our own merits, instead we have to rely on the other team choking to win.

Top strategy coach!

Broken into 2 statements Wheel said, "We are not without a chance" meaning yes he does believe we can win on our own merit.

"Especially if the dragons choke" means we have a greater chance of winning.

Pretty simple stuff to understand.

F*ck this thread.

I can't believe some of the sh*t that I am reading.

Realism is one thing, defeatism is another.

The way I see the form of the two teams in tonight's game is that Manly didn't get anywhere near enough credit for how their played on Friday, and the Dragons got too much credit for how they played on Sat.

The Broncos were bordering on dismal. Saints played a safety-first game, which was smart and it worked.

I think tonight's game is almost an even money bet, and the punters are agreeing - read in the paper this morning that the money coming in has been 2:1 in favour of Manly.

Enjoy the pub Dan, and don't forget to come back here to celebrate.

Corso Pete has got it 100% right. All the other thoughts are dribble. We have a shot in our 3rd finals appearance in 9 years and I WANT to be there.

run out of your happy pills Dan?

we have every chance of winning tonight, our defence is generally goodand we can score our fair share of tries. sure the dragons deserve to be favourites as they have better individual players but its who plays better as a team.

run out of your happy pills Dan?

we have every chance of winning tonight, our defence is generally goodand we can score our fair share of tries. sure the dragons deserve to be favourites as they have better individual players but its who plays better as a team.
it had to happen sometimes

Yeah we have a chance of winning simply by being in the game. The reality is that we wont win. Dragons will continue to fire and go through to the grandfinal

arent any of you familiar with the concept of reverse psychology.

usually works with preschool children so you are aiming at the right audience Dan :)

usually works with preschool children so you are aiming at the right audience Dan :)

stop giving in my secrets!

I am an Admin not a user.....get your *nix terminology right!

[quote author=Fro]

The user is right at that level too!! :wall:
:wall:
[/quote]

oh are you ready to admit I am god yet so i can give you back you permissions?

I can't believe after all 27 weeks of following this club this year... the website you have set up... the conversations revolving around the great manly club that have been had this year... and we get the furtherest we ever have since 97 and you have done nothing but roll over and concede defeat all day.

Shame on you!

Luckily most others here are keeping the faith.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4