Fire Kelly before you Fire Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So we have a ceo that lowballs superstars who have not reached their peak. That shows a distinct lack of vision. Not just in a footballing sense, but they have maybe destroyed our brand for the next ten years, which affects sponsorship, crowds, exposure and success.

Having cap space is one thing, but there is nothing to spend it on, replacing players like DCE and foz to value players with promise does not make sense, we have 1 maybe 2 years more to enjoy the rest of our backline of stars, but we just lost the ****ing keys to start it!

There is no doubt we can plan our way out of this, but it's a long way back. It's been 12 years since the last great sowing of seeds. And we are still reaping benefits from that. But I don't know if we can do that again with the quick and sustained success.

We have ****ed up big time, I'm struggling to see a silver lining. Cap space is a very distant consolation when there is nothing of even similar quality to replace it with.

I fear a bit f our club died today, we lost some lustre. People have always been jealous of us, now they are just laughing at us.

Stake your ****ing reputation on building this mighty club again owners and ceo. No scapegoats, no excuses. An explanation and a plan of action.

So we have a ceo that lowballs superstars who have not reached their peak. That shows a distinct lack of vision. Not just in a footballing sense, but they have maybe destroyed our brand for the next ten years, which affects sponsorship, crowds, exposure and success.

Having cap space is one thing, but there is nothing to spend it on, replacing players like DCE and foz to value players with promise does not make sense, we have 1 maybe 2 years more to enjoy the rest of our backline of stars, but we just lost the ****ing keys to start it!

There is no doubt we can plan our way out of this, but it's a long way back. It's been 12 years since the last great sowing of seeds. And we are still reaping benefits from that. But I don't know if we can do that again with the quick and sustained success.

We have ****ed up big time, I'm struggling to see a silver lining. Cap space is a very distant consolation when there is nothing of even similar quality to replace it with.

I fear a bit f our club died today, we lost some lustre. People have always been jealous of us, now they are just laughing at us.

Stake your ****ing reputation on building this mighty club again owners and ceo. No scapegoats, no excuses. An explanation and a plan of action.
I'm kinda glad we didn't dedicate 1/3 of our cap to two players I feel like that would have been irresponsible. Not like they can win behind a powder puff forward pack. I think it's kind of responsible management. Maybe I'm crazy?

I'm kinda glad we didn't dedicate 1/3 of our cap to two players I feel like that would have been irresponsible. Not like they can win behind a powder puff forward pack. I think it's kind of responsible management. Maybe I'm crazy?

Spot on.

Even if the amounts being touted (around 1.2 and 1.3mil each) are even close to realistic, there's no way 1 club should spend roughly 2.5mil on 2 players.

And if a club were to be that reckless with the cap you sure as **** better make sure you are signing the 2 best players in the world. Not 2 of the top 20.

Come on we can't keep on blaming Des that's getting as old as governments blaming the previous government.

Hasler jumped ship just before all his back ended mess was about to hit the fan. If you wish to live in an alternate reality where that didn't happen then be my guest.

I hate losing them both-I love 'em
But both are not worth over $1,000,000 (count the zero's) per season.
Please remember we won in 2008 without them-there were 5 years of great footy when they were not even there.
2.5 Million of cap for two halves-no ****ing way...It is the rebuild we had to have!
Taking shots at Kelly is ridiculous-he does Penn family bidding. Get it!!!!!

Spot on.

Even if the amounts being touted (around 1.2 and 1.3mil each) are even close to realistic, there's no way 1 club should spend roughly 2.5mil on 2 players.

And if a club were to be that reckless with the cap you sure as **** better make sure you are signing the 2 best players in the world. Not 2 of the top 20.
Sorry Chuck you beat me bro!

If there is one word I could use to describe the Clubs position throughout this malaise, it's "Weak".

Hasler jumped ship just before all his back ended mess was about to hit the fan. If you wish to live in an alternate reality where that didn't happen then be my guest.

That's crap we have plenty of money 2 sign both players or 1 nothing 2 do with back ended contracts. If it makes it easier for you 2 still blame Des good on you. I love how there were no complaints about back ended contracts when Des had us winning GF's.

Maybe Kelly is doing exactly what he has been employed to do, did anyone think about that ? Perhaps he's just the axeman, someone else is marking the trees.

Most clubs employ Brian Smith to clean out a club's roster, maybe he wasn't available

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6