Fire Kelly before you Fire Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its easy to blame Joe Kelly for this fiasco, the seed was sown the day that Glenn Stewart was let go without any word or courtesy, that is what stuffed it up, not only is it the end of an era it is also the end of our near future. Heads must roll for this!

Don't forget he run Chelsea didn't you know? if not hang around him long enough hell tell you
image.jpg

Kelly knows what he's doing - he has a plan & hes working to it. To be honest it probably doesn't include Toovey but I get the feeling he is playing the game for keeps. There is a clean out going on at the club. Players & management. We are going full tilt into a rebuild.
I think the model will be similar to what the panthers have done.
Just watched DCE on sterlo he claims he nearly signed a new deal at manly for long term then when management changed that deals was gone and a new deal delivered which was a lot less in terms of financial . So as you say it would be that Kelly thought we are not paying that much for a player or any player so the plan is in progress he now just has to deliver it

Don't forget he run Chelsea didn't you know? if not hang around him long enough hell tell you

He didn't run Chelsea, he worked there and started before the Chelski era. And not really sure how relevant that experience is in running an NRL club which has a salary cap.

He didn't run Chelsea, he worked there and started before the Chelski era. And not really sure how relevant that experience is in running an NRL club which has a salary cap.

LOL, imagine Ibromavich owned the eagles. Kelly, "we need to sign DCE".....Ibromovich reaches to back pocket....."let's see if I have some spare change".

Kelly knows what he's doing - he has a plan & hes working to it. To be honest it probably doesn't include Toovey but I get the feeling he is playing the game for keeps. There is a clean out going on at the club. Players & management. We are going full tilt into a rebuild.
I think the model will be similar to what the panthers have done.

The biggest difference between us and the Panthers is they have a junior base that is about 100 times bigger than ours. To be honest its not brilliant work they are doing, its just common sense.

I know this is a kind of heavy thing to say. And I'm unbelievably one eyed so don't want to believe it. But has anyone (haters aside) considered that maybe Tooves isnt a great coach? Or that moving from assistant to head coach was detrimental to the respect he needs from players. I wouldn't want to believe it but he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that blokes are having get out clauses for if he's sacked

We go from disaster to disaster, but since the time the Penn's assumed control and installed Joe Kelly is among the worst ever.

They best not **** with Geoff Toovey, or there will be blood.

It would not be st if we did not have a whipping boy

Problems on the field? Must be hasson et al

Problems off the field? Must be kelly

Maybe, just maybe, we need to look past the superficial and at the real situation.

The club was (and is) a mess arguably held together by a strong playing group despite the off field upheaval. One faction decided to act last year and did not give Glenn a contract (and as has been stated would have secured dce) the problem is that faction ended up out of the club....and the other faction needs to right their perceived wrongs.

To blame kelly is simplistic and short sighted. We are paying for the poor ownership structre which resulted in Des getting too much power and then not being retained , for DCE and foZ contracts ending at the same time etc etc

I know this is against the grain but maybe this is the time to wait and reserve judgment - if we are regressing in a year then lets round up a pose and get em...but to blame a new hire seems a little scape goating and simplistic

Yeah I'm aware I was just taking the piss as that seems 2 be his big selling point. If you ask me he was more like a work experience kid.

+ Kelly doesn't keep Toovey in the loop with player movement

+ Kelly promises up Foran and DCE, but screws BOTH negotiations

+ Kelly doesn't interact with the fans AT ALL

+ Kelly openly argues with Toovey openly

+ Basically, what has he done? The guy is dreadful. Signed Burgess (with an assult charge hanging over him), Tetevano (with an assault charge hanging over him)?

I'd want him gone, WELL before Toovey goes anywhere. As Walters says on 360, I feel sorry for Toovey.
Communication Kelly ! Try it, you may find out it actually works occasionally.

I agree 100%. This man is a hack. DCE said on Sterlo Live that he made the decision to sign with the Titans the day after Kelly pulled the offer. True or not, Kelly made the decision to take the offer off the table without consulting or informing Toovey. Kelly usually does not communicate at all but this time he goes public immediately to make his head coach look like a fool on live TV.

I do not like the fact Kelly worked closely with Shane Richardson. Does he share the same view that the NRL should have less Sydney teams and stop playing at local grounds? Because so far his decisions are setting us up for a massive fail and neverending disharmony. We are not just losing two great halves, they are two of the most marketable players in the comp. This will cost us sponsorship dollars, gate takings not to mention we will need a miracle to see any success in the next five years.

Maybe, just maybe, we need to look past the superficial and at the real situation.

The club was (and is) a mess arguably held together by a strong playing group despite the off field upheaval. One faction decided to act last year and did not give Glenn a contract (and as has been stated would have secured dce) the problem is that faction ended up out of the club....and the other faction needs to right their perceived wrongs.

To blame kelly is simplistic and short sighted. We are paying for the poor ownership structre which resulted in Des getting too much power and then not being retained , for DCE and foZ contracts ending at the same time etc etc

I know this is against the grain but maybe this is the time to wait and reserve judgment - if we are regressing in a year then lets round up a pose and get em...but to blame a new hire seems a little scape goating and simplistic

Yes but you can still blame Des how simplistic

I know this is a kind of heavy thing to say. And I'm unbelievably one eyed so don't want to believe it. But has anyone (haters aside) considered that maybe Tooves isnt a great coach? Or that moving from assistant to head coach was detrimental to the respect he needs from players. I wouldn't want to believe it but he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that blokes are having get out clauses for if he's sacked
The blokes did not put the Get Out Clause in, that demonic Control Freak Voldemort did, as he was 100% in charge.:swear:
2v was Assistant Coach when Chez and Foz were coming up through the grades. He managed to get them to a $4 million and $4.7 million dollare level, along with Dally M, Premiership and Rep Honours.@:cool:

Well if Kelly pulled the offer for Chez and we end up with no halves, who would you blame?

It was an example of mis management from the club and yes we are still paying for it

I agree and I didn't mean 2 have a go I'm just pissed off so I apologise if I came off as a wanker

But it is getting 2 the point that Kelly and Penn need some off field wins or we will all lose hope.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6