• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The referees boss says Chechin got the decision right yesterday.  I have yet to hear a commentator or expert agree with him.

If Gallop were truly accountable he should sack Finch as well as Chechin.

The only way he could say that was right is if he said "the referees always right". It was obviously wrong.

Preston Campbell has officially said Chechin got it wrong, and that he felt his own win was a bit hollow, and that he felt for Manly fans and players.

I saw the story earlier, will find it now. Finch didn't say it was the correct call, instead dancing around the issue

NRL referees coach Robert Finch has come out in defence of officials who made game-turning decisions in three games over the weekends, hitting back at suggestions the two-referee system was not working.

Referee Jarrad Maxwell was crash-tackled by a fan and criticised by Tigers coach Tim Sheens after sin-binning Wests captain Benji Marshall at a crucial stage in their 20-18 loss to Brisbane on Friday night.

Finch said Marshall had been warned twice about the number of penalties committed by his team, who then committed two more indiscretions before Marshall was given his marching orders.

“The decision was not a reaction to anything in the media but it is interesting to note that it’s only a couple of weeks ago that referees were being attacked for giving warnings and not following them through,” Finch said.

“No referee enjoys sin binning a player in such a circumstance but in conditions like that it is just as important not to have games decided by players who are prepared to risk penalty after penalty to disrupt the opposition.”

Also on Friday referee Brett Suttor outraged South Sydney players and fans by calling fulltime before a scrum could be fed in prime field-goal position after it appeared to have been set with eight seconds left on the clock. It meant the game – between the Rabbitohs and Parramatta – ended in a 16-all draw.

Finch said under the new rules introduced this year, the scrum had been broken by a South Sydney player raising his head from the pack and Suttor was right to call ‘time-on’ before blowing full-time.

“The decision was entirely in line with the guideline changes announced this year and the referees have been criticised unfairly. They can only enforce the guidelines that are there and if we need to revisit those at the end of the year then we will,” Finch said.

“We put our hand up last week over the Steve Clark decision but since then and into today I have heard criticism that is not fair.”

On Sunday Manly was beaten 18-17 by the Gold Coast after referee Matt Ceccin awarded the Titans a penalty at point blank range inside the final two minutes.

Ceccin ruled that Matt Orford had obstructed Preston Campbell as the pair chased down a kick, even though it appeared Orford was attempting to play at the ball.

Finch described the decision as “an incredibly tough call”, and hit back at Manly coach Des Hasler’s claims that Cecchin was a “junior referee”.

“He was graded in 2001, has officiated at Grand Finals and State of Origin and has well over 30 first grade games as the central referee.

“The decision he made yesterday was an incredibly tough call to make and whichever way he went someone was going to criticise the outcome … most predictably whichever side lost the game.

“There was only one guy out there who had the job of deciding whether Orford tried to take Campbell out in attempting to get to the ball.

“This is not a situation where I can say the referee was categorically right or wrong – there’s no doubt, however, that he interpreted the events on the basis of having done everything correctly.

“There is no doubt that he was in the best position to make judgment and it is a judgment people should accept in a professional manner.

“Again, it’s only a few weeks ago people were trying to attack referees for not making decisions late in matches.

“The silly thing about some of what is being said in the aftermath is that if we had still had one referee he would have been in a significantly worse position to make that decision than Matt was yesterday.”

Just ****ing say he got it wrong, it's obvious FFS

Kiwi Eagle link said:

“There was only one guy out there who had the job of deciding whether Orford tried to take Campbell out in attempting to get to the ball.

So why are there two blokes on the field?

Exactly bhot, I also enjoyed the line to point out his experience

So, to point out how he isn't a junior, they pull out the example that since 2001 he has refereed over 30 games hahaha. Oh, and run around with the flag during Origin

There is one person better to make the decision Finch you ****wit - Preston Campbell - and he says Chechin got it wrong, so as for you smart arse quote you ball sack:-

“The decision he made yesterday was an incredibly tough call to make and whichever way he went someone was going to criticise the outcome … most predictably whichever side lost the game."

Once again your wrong you inverted penis. Campbell is saying it.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Exactly bhot, I also enjoyed the line to point out his experience

So, to point out how he isn't a junior, they pull out the example that since 2001 he has refereed over 30 games hahaha. Oh, and run around with the flag during Origin

I wonder if they're counting number of games refereeing NRL and Toyota Cup games?

The bloke is a goose. Did you see that d!@#head face he was pulling when put his arm up for the penalty!

So two refs....but a second ref that doesn't have any say at all. may as well go back to video ref and slow the whole game down again. Not my preference though.

Ryan link said:
There is one person better to make the decision Finch you F**kwit - Preston Campbell - and he says Chechin got it wrong, so as for you smart arse quote you ball sack:-

“The decision he made yesterday was an incredibly tough call to make and whichever way he went someone was going to criticise the outcome … most predictably whichever side lost the game.\"

My 6 year old can run around with a flag

Finch won't say it's the wrong decision. He'd be admitting 2 wrongs in 2 weeks, we can't have that. ::)

bhot link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=180521.msg224842#msg224842 date=1243242098]
There is one person better to make the decision Finch you F**kwit - Preston Campbell - and he says Chechin got it wrong, so as for you smart arse quote you ball sack:-

“The decision he made yesterday was an incredibly tough call to make and whichever way he went someone was going to criticise the outcome … most predictably whichever side lost the game.\"

My 6 year old can run around with a flag
[/quote]

Thats probably how Checchin lost his twenty-twenty vision....poked out with a flag

Finch was in the video ref box with Clark when Clark made that howler of a decsion in the dragons/dogs game.  

That only confirmed that he has no idea what he is doing because any sane person would have said to Clark there was no obstruction.

They never admit they got it wrong. Finch is like the Fonz, he can't say wwwwwrrrrrrr........wwwrrrrrrrooo.........wwrrrrrrrrrrrrroonnnn....he can't say that they didn't get it right.

There is no credibility or accountability with the referees IMO and Finch is solely to blame. He sets the culture of denial and the muppets in pink follow his lead.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7