Finals week 3 ( 2022)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't really begrudge a team winning the comp, but i definitely dislike the idea of a team winning 2 in a row.

Been 8 years for Souths, and they still have Johnson and Tom Burgess remaining from their 2014 victory. Keary, Reynolds, Dylan Walker and Koroisau are still playing but with other teams.

Been 7 years for the Cows, only survivors are Kyle Feldt and Taumololo.

Too many years to count for the Eels. Matterson is their only player with any grand final experience, with the winning Chook side a few years ago.

The humidity on Friday night is expected to be 90%

The Cowboys train in it and live there , this will be a big factor.

And no home ground advantage with the masses yelling “ Sivo Sivo Sivo “ , in fact I’d expect there to only be a few Squeals fans there.
Yep this maybe the saving grace of not having to put up with the squeelers making the GF, cows have a massive advantage playing up there, is it fair they do ? When playing the squeelers definitely yes 🤣

Yep this maybe the saving grace of not having to put up with the squeelers making the GF, cows have a massive advantage playing up there, is it fair they do ? When playing the squeelers definitely yes 🤣
Honestly it’ll be a tough ask for the Squeals , I believe they are going up early to try and combat this but that won’t be enough as nothing can replicate game conditions on the tropics

Go Liverpool

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
See the source image
Go Macarthur Bulls in the Australian Cup. Gotta beat those Sydney United 58 FC

After some cracking games in the first week, the two semifinals were anti-climactic.
Both prelims should be pretty frantic high quality affairs, just a shame with the weather turning warmer and glory up for grabs, our side bombed out what feels like months ago. We really need a big redemption season in '23!

After some cracking games in the first week, the two semifinals were anti-climactic.
Both prelims should be pretty frantic high quality affairs, just a shame with the weather turning warmer and glory up for grabs, our side bombed out what feels like months ago. We really need a big redemption season in '23!
Last weekends games were both very ordinary , I’d expect this weekends to be crackers !!!

Penrith are the best team in the competition and I hope they win. I also think they will.

I couldn't stand the Squeels winning. Hopefully the Cows to us all a favour and put a big score on them. I'd have them as a premiers if Penrith don't win it.

Souffs play their GF this weekend. If they get past Penrith, they'll be hard to beat after last year. But does a team that ran 7th even deserve to be there let alone win it ?

Honestly it’ll be a tough ask for the Squeals , I believe they are going up early to try and combat this but that won’t be enough as nothing can replicate game conditions on the tropics
Arthur said on 100% Footy they're not flying up till Thursday. It's a case of fly in, fly out on charter flights, with no time to acclimatise. Last night around game time 8pm it was 25 and 85% humidity. Apparently they've got heaters on in their gym so its 25 degrees to replicate the conditions...yeah right. You'd think they would've learnt from the Darwin game...fools.

Come on Cows, please banish these slimy eels!

The squeals have Grant ATkins in their corner. Son of Parramatta great Graham ATkins. Unconscious bias will play a part. The NRL are pulling out all stops to get the squeals home.
Unbelievable really.

I know they shouldn’t be biased , but you and I both know they can be!!

No doubt the NRL would love a Parramatta/Panthers GF.

I think Penrith...they are just too good but if Latrell and Walker really turn it on they are not without hope.

Other game more tricky...really depends which Parra shows up. I'll go Cowboys on a high completion rate in the heat

My tipping during the finals has been ordinary. I did not expect Souths to beat the Rorters, nor Canberra to beat Melbourne nor Parramatta to win last week and they romped in. So my gut tells me that Cowboys and Penrith will win which means on my tipping form it will be a Souths v Squeels grand final.

My tipping during the finals has been ordinary. I did not expect Souths to beat the Rorters, nor Canberra to beat Melbourne nor Parramatta to win last week and they romped in. So my gut tells me that Cowboys and Penrith will win which means on my tipping form it will be a Souths v Squeels grand final.
I think it comes down to this,

The Eels of last week will beat the Cowboys , the Eels of the previous week will be bundled out. Heat and humidity will be a really really big factor.

The Panthers are the most complete side in the competition, great forwards , superb halves , brilliant backs.South’s are a very good side but they win off the back of Cody & Trell. If they don’t fire 110% the Panthers will prevail. Everything has to go South’s way for them to win.

I think it comes down to this,

The Eels of last week will beat the Cowboys , the Eels of the previous week will be bundled out. Heat and humidity will be a really really big factor.

The Panthers are the most complete side in the competition, great forwards , superb halves , brilliant backs.South’s are a very good side but they win off the back of Cody & Trell. If they don’t fire 110% the Panthers will prevail. Everything has to go South’s way for them to win.
The slime and vermin have 2 huge factors in their favour.
1. the whistle clowns and
2. the bunker clowns.

I’m picking Cowboys ( home ground advantage ) and Panthers ( South’s struggle against them ).

Probably the most acceptable GF then.

Don’t particularly like the Vermin and their supporters and as for Doesntmatta, enough said !!
I'm going Souths to surprise the Panthers and Parra to beat the Cowboys. The following week will see a Souths/Parra GF, with Parra giving up a big lead, and then losing by not many in the last few minutes.

Arthur said on 100% Footy they're not flying up till Thursday. It's a case of fly in, fly out on charter flights, with no time to acclimatise. Last night around game time 8pm it was 25 and 85% humidity. Apparently they've got heaters on in their gym so its 25 degrees to replicate the conditions...yeah right. You'd think they would've learnt from the Darwin game...fools.

Come on Cows, please banish these slimy eels!
If it were Manly I'd understand the penny pinching but serious... let's see how this works out

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2