Finally...some credit for Manly (NRL Lowdown)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
SEA EAGLES
HOW THEY FARED
Damn well, actually.
This was one of the most dominant performances by a Manly side in several years.
Fast, powerful and clever, the Sea Eagles destroyed Canterbury 36-0 at Brookvale last Saturday afternoon.
It was some display.
Daly Cherry-Evans was brilliant, as was fullback Tom Trbojevic, who continues his bold push for State of Origin selection.
Based on what we saw against the Bulldogs, Manly are a genuine top-four threat.
WHO STARRED, WHO STRUGGLED?
They all starred, no-one struggled. Manly’s forwards dominated and their backs impressed.
Centre Brian Kelly was another top-notch performer, as was winger Akuila Uate.
After two losses to start the season, Manly are slipping into a nice groove.

352687d02e7dca83a5e7fb112ee2eaf6

Daly Cherry-Evans was brilliant for the Sea Eagles.
CASUALTY WARD
Brad Parker (Knee, Round 5), Brett Stewart (Knee, Season), Steve Matai (Neck, Season)
Darcy Lussick (Wrist, Round 5), Lloyd Perrett (Eye socket, Round 6)
WHO’S LURKING ON THE EDGE?
Manly are pretty much at full strength. Funny isn’t it? Only a fortnight ago, people were asking how long coach Trent Barrett could survive. Those critics seemed to have now crawled away under a rock.
REPORT CARD
A+:
Not many batter the Bulldogs like Manly did. Canterbury were terrible, no denying that. But the Sea Eagles were spectacular. Manly’s challenge now? To back-up last weekend’s performance with another blockbusting effort. But it won’t be easy.
The Sea Eagles travel to Allianz Stadium this Friday night for a big game against the unbeaten Sydney Roosters.

— Dean Ritchie

I would rather all the attention be on the dogs and how poorly they played.

Some of the posters on this forum are so desperate for approval from "journos" but as soon as they write a "negative" Manly article they are written off as hacks as if there opinion means nothing. Makes me laugh every time.

Critical analasis is an important part of bettering yourself, to write off all critics is very immature.

Some of the posters on this forum are so desperate for approval from "journos" but as soon as they write a "negative" Manly article they are written off as hacks as if there opinion means nothing. Makes me laugh every time.
Did anyone say we were desperate for approval from journos??? Quite the contrary mate.....I don't give a s%&t about journos. Their job is to report what they see whether we like it or not! I'm tired of reading how we won because the other team had injuries or played poorly! My point is that finally a 'journo' has posted something positive about Manly which is well deserved!! I thought it was timely as these types of reports are far & few between.......

slothfield is a hack

Kent on 360 saying DCE needs to play at that level 9 weeks out of 10 to justify his pay.

I don't think any half ever has done that.
I don't think any other player has done that .
How many match winning games has the million dollar Inglis had for Souths over the years ?

IMO the journos have been ridiculous this year with certain teams. After a couple of wins teams are potential premiers. Early round losses, the world is falling apart and clubs are in crisis.
Do they realise it's round 4.
2015 the cows lost their first 3, won their 4th in golden point, finished as premiers.
The journos need a chill pill.
As for the mighty Sea Eagles I'd prefer no hype addressed our way.
Just do the talking on the field.
Go you good things!

Kent on 360 saying DCE needs to play at that level 9 weeks out of 10 to justify his pay.

I don't think any half ever has done that.

Yep heard that too. What a joke that was. And that idiot ikin and buzz didn't even challenge him on it. At least rothturd gave us a good wrap talked us up as a top eight side. Kent scoffed at that as well "they won't make the 8 tho"
I actually can't remember the last game where a half dominated like dce did on sat.

Thanks for the tip . You seem to have worked out your condition and if you stay optimistic you will be fine . Just keep positive :)
Here's a tip criticism can be constructive, even negative critisism can be used a positive influence. To write off all critisism is being negative.

Here's a tip criticism can be constructive, even negative critisism can be used a positive influence. To write off all critisism is being negative.
Mate you can milk your opinion as much as you like .
fact is ......
Negative Knee Jerk criticism is as useless as tits on a bull
1982_a_minor_thesaurus_of_rural_metaphor_04.gif

Honestly, I want us to be constantly written off by the media. That is when we are at our best. Fly under the radar and backs against the wall. I want nothing but bad press on how we are only winning because we got lucky form here on out. Give the boys added motivation and get the siege mentality back that was so key during the decade of dominance!

I'll start, "Manly only won against the Cows because they were so undermanned with their starting front row out (please ignore all our forward injuries). Manly also only won against the dogs because of poor refereeing decisions and luck bounces of the ball from several kicks that lead to tried. Manly are only pretenders and will be given a reality check when they play against the benchmark this season. Prediction 38-8 Roosters"

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8