Female members of the site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's like dew drops glistening in the morning sun as the day gently breathes warmth into the expectant earth and all the creatures who dwell within.

And hugs of clouds softly caress the night away as they disappear from our grateful thoughts and dreams.... dreams of a fulfilled life found in the beauty of a single petal of an unblemished rose or the innocent eyes of a beloved child.

(edit - someone get stevo a knife)

Glad for this thread though I wonder if rugby league is still a little way off AFL for female interest. I was in Potts Point today and say 2 couples - obviously visitors (maps) - who were talking about Chris Judd. The women had as many opinions as the men and were treated as knowledgeable when they spoke.
I've been at dinner parties of Swans supporters and ... ditto.
Why does Rugby League have such a male skew?

Brooke said:
I am a female supporter. No surprises here. Think my name might be a give away. I have supported the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles all my life. Hasn't always been easy growing up in the NSW Southern Highlands and then relocating to South West -Sydney.

The flak I may sometimes cop for being a Manly supporter is far outweighed by the many joyful times being a fan of this most fantastic team has given me.

From Bozo to Foran. From Eadie to Brett. From Igor to Beaver and Choc. From Krilich to Ballin. From Toovey to DCE.
To Jamie Lyon and Glenn Stewart and to all the other great Manly Sea eagles.

You have given me half a lifetime of fantastic moments.
For that I Thank you and will always support you.

Great post.

Nicola Eagle said:
Female supporter here too.

Another Nic, awesome. Power to the Nics!

yokahontas said:
Ditto, chick supporter here too - don't post very often, but like reading all the goings on!

My Mum, sisters and little nieces are all lifelong Manly fans too, and members - although the newest addition is another nephew (and I got his next gen membership the day he was born)

Welcome to you and eagle chick.

hordernnewt said:
Glad for this thread though I wonder if rugby league is still a little way off AFL for female interest. I was in Potts Point today and say 2 couples - obviously visitors (maps) - who were talking about Chris Judd. The women had as many opinions as the men and were treated as knowledgeable when they spoke.
Ah, the $64 question. Maybe someone can do a doctoral thesis on the topic.

Meanwhile so far as I'm concerned the more females at games and talking on this forum the better. Your views are as valid and welcome as anyone's.

I love that the girls are a part of this, after all they make up50 percent of the population so why not , go girls!!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
I love that the girls are a part of this, after all they make up50 percent of the population so why not , go girls!!!

I possibly reckon half of us are 50/50 in an each way bet kind of way on this and could go either way once weve flipped a coin and then changed our mind. Im not fussed really. Whatever, maybe.

hordernnewt said:

I don't think it does. There are a lot of female fans in the group i watch with, probably more than 30%, and we're supposed to be the yobs, apparently.

On the whole, sport tends to be something that appeals more to males.

You shouldn't change car racing to appeal to women or romance novels to appeal to men. Just do what you do and the fans you will hav are real. Regarless of sex, age, race etc.

Should Radiohead sound more like Lady Gaga to sell more records?

See I think it's changing you look in the media you
Lara Pitt
Erin Molan
Melinda Farrell who are all passionate and knowledgable about the game and I'll be honest I respect their opinions as much if not more than some of the male gronks on fox.

Then on twitter you read some of the stuff girls post and there in to it and love the game. Its a great thing and should be encouraged.

Duff said:
hordernnewt said:

I don't think it does. There are a lot of female fans in the group i watch with, probably more than 30%, and we're supposed to be the yobs, apparently.
As I read Hordernnewt's point, it wasn't that women don't attend, it was whether the women have as many opinions as the men, and whether they are treated as knowledgeable when they speak.
Any Silvertails among the women in your group Duff? My daughter, step daughter & cousin all go to games at times but none of them post here.
(yet)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Duff said:
hordernnewt said:

As I read Hordernnewt's point, it wasn't that women don't attend, it was whether the women have as many opinions as the men, and whether they are treated as knowledgeable when they speak.
Any Silvertails among the women in your group Duff? My daughter, step daughter & cousin all go to games at times but none of them post here.
(yet)

I think many of them have accounts and a couple are or are at stages fairly regular posters.
I wont out anyone who mightn't want to be associated with me.

Like males, some are knowledgeable, some are casual observers who enjoy the contest without the technicalities and some think they are one whilst being the other.
I'm not much of a forum poster anywhere but here so correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't forum posting in general tend to be a more male dominated pursuit?
There's a whole psychology thing there that someone with more knowledge than me could explain without waffling.

I will be putting together a survey over the next week or so for you ladies. Please feel free to answer or ignore it, but I would certainly respect your feedback that is provided through the survey. I will PM each of you when it is ready.

Cheers
Dan

5 months to the day I posted the above drivel.

Anyway...

Merry Christmas Ladies! You're all looking super!!!!

iJtMX.gif

2IEcQ.gif

pCDfX.gif

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year also to all the silvertail blokes, including the teatotallers, refined martini drinkers and the nut scratching, wind breaking, beer guzzlers. Eat, drink (of choice) and be merry during the festive season....and Go Manly 2013 and beyond.

Have been reading old posts and was wondering if there was any follow up/findings with the survey of female members. I have been a member of the a forum since 2010 and have just started back reading and posting. Still seems a little intimidating, but will persevere and keep reading.

marga said:
Have been reading old posts and was wondering if there was any follow up/findings with the survey of female members. I have been a member of the a forum since 2010 and have just started back reading and posting. Still seems a little intimidating, but will persevere and keep reading.

Just remember marg if you see anyone bagging choc go hard I'll back you.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6