Feleti Mateo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mateo's problem is that he want's to promote the ball. Sometimes it leads to a mistake but more often than not he gives what I reckon is the best, crispest off load in the game.

I used to say this about guys like Choc when they were here. There are good offloads and bad. Choc would force it and just ****ing chuck it, it would go to no one and dribble back about 10 metres so players would be scrambling back after it, diving on it and we'd lose net 10-15 metres. Mateo on the other hand will either force it while being held up and it will be called a knock on or he will have three guys holding on and pop such a clean, crisp ball that it's like a proper union second phase play. They spread it wide and it leads to good things.

Because he is so strong, he usually pop's the offload with two or three defenders on him or lurking which means that if we spread it fast enough there is space somewhere.

I know the rocks or diamond argument. But in our colours is it fair comment that potatoes off loads are becoming...more selective and timely?
I agree, I think it's because he's becoming more adjusted to the blokes around him, we've got a vastly different playing style to the Warriors and his timing and interaction is improving, some of his offloads are sublime, I hope he's in manly colours for a long time to come.

I hope he is kept on and improves his workrate and error rate- he is a matchwinner on his day and hopefully the manly work ethic will be bored into him. Wish we'd had him sooner in his career.

I am not too worried about what he has done before now. At the moment he looks like he has found his home in maroon and white. When I heard Fulton waxing lyrical about him yesterday on the way home from the game, I knew he had arrived as a Manly player.

Providing he stays fit, he will play a huge role for Manly in the coming weeks and into next year. Maybe even beyond that.

Feleti when on song is pure gold. We are certainly gathering some damned good forwards.

I was bitterly disappointed we lost Sao, but his performances of late have set my mind at ease.

Myles is an upgrade on Sao
Lussick is an upgrade on Lui

Mateo, Lussick, Trbojevic, Symonds, Buhrer, Myles, Starling, Mason, JSL, Brown is a very solid engine room.
Mason won't be at Manly next year.

The other positive with having Mateo around is that he can help Jake T's offload game. It's already solid but if he can do what he does running the ball PLUS develop that kind of passing game... WOW

I'm pretty sure he had a hand in 3 tries yesterday, 2 offloads and one incredible pass for the finale

And let's not discount the crucial role JSL played in that late try, ran to the gap and then threw a good pass to DCE in support. Horo also has been busting the line lately, I almost haven't recognised him.

Meaty o is the keeper log of the fire. As i have said all along another game without Z red another win. Piss Z red off back to smoke cigars in bondi he is rubbish and should not waste the meaty ones spot in our side.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4