Feleti Mateo and Blake Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
So its fairly common knowledge that Manly are after Mateo, but rumours suggest we are also chasing young Parra 5/8 Blake Green

Seems strange considering our halves depth, but he is a top young talent.

If its true it must mean Burns or Monas wont be with us next year

However I doubt we'd buy him for 1st grade straight up so I doubt anyone will be leaving.

Green will sign somewhere to play firsts, he wont leave parra to play reserves

As for Mona's being contracted next year...................since when do contracts get in the way of things.

Maybe Manly are looking to the future

6.Green
7.Groom

9.Ballin

14.Burns

Listening to Bozo on 2GB a couple of weeks ago he said Mnaly had tried to Green last year but he decided to remain at Parra. Maybe it is old news

Burns most likely. Monas still has a year on his contract.

I thought I read somewhere that Burns has/ was about to resign with a contract bumped up to $180,000 per year.

Listening to Bozo on 2GB a couple of weeks ago he said Mnaly had tried to Green last year but he decided to remain at Parra. Maybe it is old news
Could be, im just bringing up what i read on another site

Pure speculation on my part PJ. I hope he re-signs but if we can get a better quality 5/8th than I say go for it.

i think Burns will become an integral member of the squad..........whether it be at 5/8 or not, we should keep him

Yeah I read the same thing in the Herald not long ago.

Burns is keen to stay despite a couple of offers from north of the border.

Seeing all this current talk about Blake Green signing, thought it was interesting to see this thread in the archives. Let's hope he works out better than our long wait to get Mateo here did.

Looks like Bozo rated the guy 10 years ago, so still holding a candle for him obviously.

I'm a wee bit confused here. Are there two Blake Greens playing Rugby League at the moment. My understanding was that Manly have bought Blake Green, Melbourne's five eighth for 2017-18 and he will be 30 years old when he starts playing for us. Is there are a kid called Blake Green playing in the lower grades at Parra. Melbourne's Blake Green originally played for Parra.

I'm a wee bit confused here. Are there two Blake Greens playing Rugby League at the moment. My understanding was that Manly have bought Blake Green, Melbourne's five eighth for 2017-18 and he will be 30 years old when he starts playing for us. Is there are a kid called Blake Green playing in the lower grades at Parra. Melbourne's Blake Green originally played for Parra.

This is a really old thread (2007) that's been bumped, in light of the recent signing. Same Blake Green, he's all growed up now lol

It's our new aged signing policy in action. Here are some more prospective team signings on a recent training run
IMGP1385-300x184.jpg

Maybe Manly are looking to the future

6.Green
7.Groom

9.Ballin

14.Burns

Aaah, an ST classic named at the 7. Thanks for the memories Disco and C&C. Darren will be chuffed with this trip down memory lane.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4