Feedback requested on the following features

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

I am looking into the possibility of adding a social groups style plugin. What this will do is on the front-end of the site, it will allow you as users to add your own groups, much like Facebook groups, you can then have members streams feeds and more. A very basic Demo is at

http://wmexp.com/wordpress/gra4/groups/all

Though there are better plugins

I will either use the one on the front-end or code our very own for the forums.

The idea being that you can then essentially have your own Silvertails social groups. The MWTS is a good example of this, which will allow the guys in this to setup their own pages on the front-end and have a Facebook style interaction with feeds, comments, likes and more.

Another may be a group of Friends who get together at the Sea Eagles games, local supporters and more

Just wondering if this is something you would be interested in?

Dan

I'm not sure if I get how this works exactly, but anything that splinters or splits the discussion point away from the main forum isn't a good idea in my mind. Won't having a whole lot of individual groups and cliques just split the "community" feel. That's just my two cents worth, I don't use Facebook or Instagram or LinkedIn, or any social media really, so maybe I'm out of the loop on this.

Chip and Chase said:
I'm not sure if I get how this works exactly, but anything that splinters or splits the discussion point away from the main forum isn't a good idea in my mind. Won't having a whole lot of individual groups and cliques just split the "community" feel. That's just my two cents worth, I don't use Facebook or Instagram or LinkedIn, or any social media really, so maybe I'm out of the loop on this.

Rather than split discussion, it is more of a social media tie-in allowing Manly fans to use one central place for all of this kind of stuff. Instead of having the thosands of various Facebook groups etc, Silvertails is then able to be the centre of activity. Allowing it to become the number one source for Sea Eagles information and fans

I'm all for being number 1.

#silvertailsrocks [insert "like" thumbs up symbol]

It would be great for all the journos as they will be able to gather their stories with out the hassle of searching the internet.

but I a more serious note I think it could only help the club reach more people and if the forum stayed the same or even improved as a result then jolly good I say.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4