Federal Funding for Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Got a letter from the Minister for Sport, funding not on their radar.  The letter is attached for those who enjoy sitting on the hill - you will be able to do that for many years to come by the look of things.  :-\

Gold coast or central coast here we come.  RIP brookvale oval

Thanks heaps Kevvie07

The Wheel link said:
The letter is attached for those who enjoy sitting on the hill - you will be able to do that for many years to come by the look of things.   :-\
  No, they're building a brand new Stadium in Caloundra, didn't you see?

Manly may have to set up a "Keep Manly at Brooky" fundraising campaign,and that will show just how much us fans want that to happen.I know i would certainly put my hand in my pocket for that.It would be heartbreaking if the unthinkable ever happened,and we were forced  away from Brookvale.Rugby League just wouldnt feel the same anymore.

With the highway so close to the entrance, I shudder to think what would happen if a truck blew a tyre, lost control and ran over kids god forbid.

Well, The Minister for Sport has been warned. If she buries her head in the sand, and the unforseen happens, the blood is well and truly on her hands.

What does Federal funding have to do with kids on the road?

I hope that in time Brookie can get funding from both state and federal govts.

what we really need is to elect a true blue Manly Man into Federal or State politics

Hmmm Steve Menzies for Premier or PM  LOL

Fro link said:
you have said some stupid S**t in your time Ryan but that is up there.

Fro, the Oval entrances were built a good many years ago. Since then, safety policies and regulations have been updated to include the proximity of an entrance to an event including the capacity of people we see on a fortnightly basis enter that area (proximety to a main road that is). It's currently non compliant. I have a friend that works in the certification and audit area of construction sites in Pittwater council that mentioned this to me. 

If the fact that The Northern Beaches are so Liberal oriented means Labor is so short sited that it will not commit funding to upgrade a ground to at least meet ABOVE average safety measures, then I say the blood is on their hands, should the unforseen happens.

That is one example. Another is flip up seating. This is require for fire safety measures.

Another is seats that are not cracked, as plastic can well and truly cut a patron.

In regard to your little bait too dude. Grow up. Seriously mate, I'd love for you to argue against this topic if it were your kids minced on the pavement, or are burnt to a crisp trying to fumble their way out of the ground.

Ryan, I dont have kids.

But to blame anyone for a truck running off the road into a queue of people is absolutely ridiculous.

And it wasnt bait, sometimes you post before you think.

Crap in this instance.

No-one should ever wait for a tragedy to happen 1st, before improvement is made. I recall an accident like this happenning in the early 90's @ the ground - but a car, and hitting an adult.

You say: But to blame anyone for a truck running off the road into a queue of people is absolutely ridiculous.

I say: not ridiculous. That is why laws have changed Fro. To alleviate or mitigate the risk in the 1st place, or BEFORE it happens.

Like I say, if one of your loved ones gets run down, burnt to a crisp, cut to ribbons, breaks a leg on the downside of the hill etc., I hope then you realise your argument is flawed.

Additionally, check all the media releases from the club about the ground Fro. MOST stipulate that a 1st priority is changes to meet minimum safety guidelines.

You can argue your ridiculous statments as much as you like, the fact is we need funding, or something unfortunate may happen (maybe to you !), and the changes or funding assistance will then be way too late.

Additionally, we aren't getting funding in my opinion predomiantly because we are a Liberal dominated area. Look at Wheels letter he received. Then consider The Tigers ground is being provided with 9 million or something !

Sharks ground got funds as well, Ryan makes his point with the worst case scenario but at the end of the day it is valid

"I can argue my ridiculous statements"??

Careful what you want to start here little man.

That is what is wrong with this world these days, something goes wrong so who can we blame??

in short, pull your ****en head in cockjockey.

I agree with the comment about not getting funding because of where it is. but to blame someone for something that hasnt happened and may never happen is absolute tripe, which is par for the course for 90% of the garbage which you inflict on us on a daily basis.

Take a tablet and stick to your YARTs, at least they are worth a laugh.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6