Favourite player that never played for us.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watching Fittler at Lottobrook playing for the chooks against us at our low point was seeing someone who actually could have played in a dinner suit and gone to a wedding straight after. Much better than anyone else on the field . I rate him as highly as anyone I've seen play the game
Hang on , cliffy lyons was the only player to play in a dinner suit.

Good question....there have been a few over the years. Currently, Taumololo and Cordner.

Rod Wishart. I nominate him cause he is an all round nice guy and very handy footballer. My missus nominates him well because of his thighs apparently.

I have respect for a lot of opposition players, that have never had the privilege of playing with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles over the years. However, I can honestly say that I simply cannot imagine finding any "favorite" players among them. If they haven't or dont currently bleed maroon and white, than respect is all they will get from me. In many cases that respect is given extremely grudgingly.

Rod Wishart. I nominate him cause he is an all round nice guy and very handy footballer. My missus nominates him well because of his thighs apparently.

I remember as a Bears fan (at the time), I was sitting on the hill at Brooky Oval, and Manly were beating The Illawarra Steelers the whole game (think I was there because I was trying to hook up with some young lady) - so maybe 25 odd years ago?

Rod Wishart got the ball after the siren, ran from the northern end, to the southern end on the right wing to steal the game for them after the siren.

The crowd went quiet as a mouse, and back then, it was standing room only (maybe 20k odd people).

To break the silence, I stood up and cheered as a joke. This big scary looking bloke stood up behind me in his Pepsi Sea Eagles jersey, rolled up his Big League magazine, and donked me on tbe head with it, saying, "shaddup will ya!!".

The hill erupted in laughter. Even though Manly lost, guess they went away with a smile.on their faces. It was all in good fun.

This question should've been saved for the off season! It's a good one.

Maybe the OP should've asked 'least detested' as some are having trouble. lol

For mine:

Garry Jack.
Great defensive fullback.

Andrew Johns.
He was kinda pretty good.

Forwards: Honourable (ok maybe not honourable) mentions to Wayne Pearce, Glenn Lazarus, and Bobby Lindner.

I remember as a Bears fan (at the time), I was sitting on the hill at Brooky Oval, and Manly were beating The Illawarra Steelers the whole game (think I was there because I was trying to hook up with some young lady) - so maybe 25 odd years ago?

Rod Wishart got the ball after the siren, ran from the northern end, to the southern end on the right wing to steal the game for them after the siren.

The crowd went quiet as a mouse, and back then, it was standing room only (maybe 20k odd people).

To break the silence, I stood up and cheered as a joke. This big scary looking bloke stood up behind me in his Pepsi Sea Eagles jersey, rolled up his Big League magazine, and donked me on tbe head with it, saying, "shaddup will ya!!".

The hill erupted in laughter. Even though Manly lost, guess they went away with a smile.on their faces. It was all in good fun.
Ryan i remember that game it was 92 and i think, it knocked us out for a top 8 spot . Kevin and tony iro dragged a steeler player into touch ( all legit ) and we got penalized . Enter Wishart game over , fuch i was pissed off .

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan
They're all dogs!, if they didn't plays for us.
If I regress backto childhood it would be Currier. No idea why he just sticks out in my mind kicking goals.

Then it had to go to some of the great nsw players but it's a very good and tough question

This question should've been saved for the off season! It's a good one.

Maybe the OP should've asked 'least detested' as some are having trouble. lol

For mine:

Garry Jack.
Great defensive fullback.

Andrew Johns.
He was kinda pretty good.

Forwards: Honourable (ok maybe not honourable) mentions to Wayne Pearce, Glenn Lazarus, and Bobby Lindner.
Agree on both counts. Watching Johns play was always special, watching him live was amazing he could just tear a team apart

Hard to imagine or remember anyone who could read the game and play what was in front of them as him add to that his ability to control and guide a game it was amazing. Shame he is a jackass but for ability on the field an absolute deserving immortal

1992, snuffing out any chance of Manly making the finals that year.

Neil 'Bing' Pringle. One of the best 1970s players to not play for Australia.

Lived next door to Wombat at Cromer. When Wayne Pearce emerged (Pringle had been injured too) and pushed Bing out of 1st grade in 1980, some of the Manly playing hierarchy apparently approached Arko with a view to signing Pringle for the 1981 season.

We were chock a block with top shelf backrowers at the time, so it didn't happen.

1992, I was at that game and sitting in the front row on about the 20 right where he ran past to score that try. I wanted to jump the fence and make the tackle when i saw him running towards us. I was only about 13 so those thighs would have killed me.
He ruined Snoz's farewell game at brooky!

The only time I like opposition players is when they play for Australia (being a South Aussie I watch Origin but don't care who wins so long as no Manly player gets injured).

When they run out in their own clubs colours however......they are fair game.

But, if there were any players from the past who I wouldn't have minded seeing in the maroon and white, it would probably be ET, Bradley Clyde and Eric Grothe Sr.

Was that o'connor's last game? Steelers won that game so we missed the semis. I was gutted, wishart scored after wrong footing a couple of players.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6