Favourite player that never played for us.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
For mine it's Peter Wallace, tough as teak, in my opinion up there with Tooves. Never plays dirty, great leader, passionate and humble guy. I live in the Blue Mountains and he often can be found at one of the local pubs on a weekend. He's never there with other footballers, just family and non footy mates. I've never approached him but many do, and he's always engaging with a smile on his face. Would have loved this guy to play a couple of years in the nine before he retired.

Mate, for mine, its always been the one club players: Darren Lockyer, Nathan Hindmarsh.

One forward (I shouldn't admit this, considering he played for Parra at one point - spits) that I truly loved was Gary Larson (I know that will draw ire from many when they get angry). He only played 17 for Parra though.

To soften that, my ALL time favority player is Steve The Beaver Menzies. Read his book 3 times. I actually wrote to him to tell him he wrote it early (pre 2008 G/F), and he said Hey, I have an excuse for a 2nd book now !)

I just love sitting under a tree on holidays with a cold beer, and reading it. I'd recommend it to anyone. Some of his stories are gold, like the one where Cliffy would always try and hide his ciggy smoking on the team bus, and Bozo would get right up him for it !!

904cc008fb67e28d886c3649462b1e08

For mine it's Peter Wallace, tough as teak, in my opinion up there with Tooves. Never plays dirty, great leader, passionate and humble guy. I live in the Blue Mountains and he often can be found at one of the local pubs on a weekend. He's never there with other footballers, just family and non footy mates. I've never approached him but many do, and he's always engaging with a smile on his face. Would have loved this guy to play a couple of years in the nine before he retired.
Sweet Jesus, Peter Wallace is in the GF for my most hated player lol. Although I agree he is tough, blew his nut out in that Origin game.
Always been a Chris Heighington fan, Boyd Cordner as well. Loved Mick Weyman but my fave non-Eagle is possibly Bob Lindner.

Brad Fittler for mine.

When he was 10 metres out and would take on the line with that big left foot step and just power through. That was great to watch.
I also loved his general ball movement, could through legendary cut out passes.

Last edited:
After much deliberation it came to me and without a doubt my favourite all time non Manly player would be the prince of centres the late great Steve Rogers.
People say the parasites were our greatest rival in the 70s but it was the sharks and " Sludge " was the reason.
These days Josh Jackson, Tyson Frizzel, Trent Merrin and Jason Croker would be the choice for me.

Laurie Daley and Brett Kenny. Shaun Johnson is the most gifted player I've seen at his best. His ability to step through a crowd of players at times who are so close together that it's not possible and leave them all bewildered is something else.

I second the Shaun Johnson nomination. He's incredible to watch, and there's nothing offensive about him lol

Brad Fittler for mine.

When he was 10 metres out and would take on the line with that big left foot step and just power through. That was great to watch.
I also loved his general ball movement, could through legendary cut out passes.

Me too. I think we were pretty close to getting him when he left Penrith, so I always thought of him as "almost" Manly, and wondered what might have been had he joined us.

In more recent years his commentary ****s me to tears... although I do love his passion for the game.

No joke mines Cooper Cronk, he plays so direct and straight and is just a perfect player, he's amazing and he does everything to 100% and he is a perfectionist and we'll organized. Don't mind Austin at his best either or Kalyn Ponga.

:eek: Grrr, really, is this a trick.......?! I definitely have no favourites, no concern and no like of any players that have not been or ever will be a Mighty Manly Sea Eagle.

It is simply not natural for me to even think nicely of players from other teams, they are all scum and should be crushed...!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8