Favourite moments at Brooky

Eagle1188

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Can't wait for Monday nights game back at Brooky, it got me thinking of some of the great moments we've had at the games, just thought I'd share some with you. Many many moons ago (yes I'm an old fart haha) my brother & the kids where watching Manly giving it to the Bronco's, it was around the time Alfie was doing those Tip Top commercials (any one remember it, went some thing like "Good onya mum tip tops the one") any way, there was a moment in the game we where in our own 20 and Terry Hill got the ball and look on his face and the fire in his I will never forget, I remember saying to my brother Holy crap he's gunna score and score he did, it was brillant.
There was another moment in the game I'll always remember, it a time when the crowd was quiet while we were waiting for a scrum to form (just in front of us) and my brother and I started singing to Alfie Good onya mum tip tops the one, well you wouldn't believe it but Walters jioned in, well we all just cracked up. Hope I haven't bored you but would love to hear some of your favourite moments at Brooky

Mid to late 90's losing about 20-0 to the chooks, at half time my mate turned to me and said we will win, and win we did.

First Golden point win against eels if memory is correct, penalty kicked by Ben Walker

Beavers nose try against Dragons in first semi

Brett's magic try on a Friday night to beat the Tigers

The Battle if Brooky - not the fight but the atmosphere...best I have experienced

First game my dad took me to, against the Magpies way back when, result didn't matter - hope my boy says the same in years to come

Lots of great memories at Brookie. Watching us beat Great Britain is up there for me.

The atmosphere the night we played LOL@$ouffs in one of the semi's was an amazing night as well.

The Brookie brawl of course.

Oh and 61-0 was a great day

Around 2006 we where playing Penrith and they steamrolled us in the first half to lead by about 20-0, Daryl Brohman said at half time that Penrith is destined for greater things that year, we came back and won , i think the final score was around 32-26

Peter C said:
Around 2006 we where playing Penrith and they steamrolled us in the first half to lead by about 20-0, Daryl Brohman said at half time that Penrith is destined for greater things that year, we came back and won , i think the final score was around 32-26

Another great come back against the Panthers

I think it might have been 2006, losing to the tigers with a few seconds to go, Orford puts the kick over the top and snake tapps it out of hodgsons hands and scores for the win. Goosebumps.

Nothing can beat the 61-0 against the dragons. The win against parra last year on a Monday night when we got belted but won in the last minute. Was it wally Lewis who got sent off for an elbow to toovey in the early 90's.

When I was a young bloke my dad took me to see Manly v Roosters at Brookie, in 1997 I'm pretty sure. Manly were down 18-0 but came back to win 40-30 I believe.

Aside from the battle of Brookie (which was fantastic) that would be my favourite Brookie memory.

NewwyEagle said:
I think it might have been 2006, losing to the tigers with a few seconds to go, Orford puts the kick over the top and snake tapps it out of hodgsons hands and scores for the win. Goosebumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY1MU7PCTlE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL4709A205826CC300

slide it a little past where it gets stuck.

Timmy said:
When I was a young bloke my dad took me to see Manly v Roosters at Brookie, in 1997 I'm pretty sure. Manly were down 18-0 but came back to win 40-30 I believe.

Aside from the battle of Brookie (which was fantastic) that would be my favourite Brookie memory.

That's the game I was talking about - a cracker

NewwyEagle said:

And that is the other one I was talking about - good times

I remember the match with Balmain with a huge crowd and Blocker Roach patted the ref on the head after being sent off. The crowd went nuts.
But in recent times it was the match with Melbourne last season. That was special, and I hope the atmosphere can be replicated this year.

The game against the roosters where we won 56-0 I think. I kept thinking 'how can the roosters stuff this up even more?' and they never ceased to amaze me. Orford scored something like 32 points that night.

The game against the tigers (I think) after Stewarts BS suspension at the start of 2009. Des and everyone else was saying not to expect miracles from Brett, and he goes out and scores a hattrick.

And on another angle, the game where Hoppa Snr smashed Galloway. That's not a game I'm expecting to forget about anytime soon.

A few of my faves have already been mentioned. 61-0. The comeback against Penrith which happened two years in a row (05 and 06 i think) . But my fave of all would be Brett Stewarts hat trick in the game against the Wests Tigers first game back after his four game suspension for doing nothing wrong.

Yep the 2 mentioned rate highly (61 nil & snakes try against tigers ).

Others are:
- Andrew kings no look pass to gartner? Who scored under the post
- low scoring grinding win over the warriors in pouring torrential rain
- hoppas high hit on galloway has to be thr biggest hit ive seen. we even put 40 on the sharks with 12 players

Oh and last years win over melbourne. the incidents in That game toughened us up for the finals.

Peter C said:

Yep one of my fav games down 26-6 came back and won 36-26

Well boys,Richardson has said between maccas meals that teams should have to use the 3 sydney stadiums like his soulless shell of a club

I for one say he can go **** himself,whos with me?

2010, took my young bloke down to see the match on fathers day. He won a watch for catching a ball they kicked into the crowd at half time. At the leagues club he got photos with Steve Matai and T-Rex who told him he was bigger than him ( T-Rex was sitting down).

The 60 pint win on a beautiful sunday arvo with cliffy conducting the orchestra was the greatest win.It was a clinic by napper.Players like him just dont exist anymore.

The Eagle said:
Well boys,Richardson has said between maccas meals that teams should have to use the 3 sydney stadiums like his soulless shell of a club

I for one say he can go f**k himself,whos with me?

I am with you, The Eagle. He can f**k right off

susan said:
The 60 pint win on a beautiful sunday arvo with cliffy conducting the orchestra was the greatest win.It was a clinic by napper.Players like him just dont exist anymore.

I can only remember that game up to the 10th pint - the rest is a bit hazy

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2