Favourite Manly games or moments ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Over the festive season have watched a few old classic games on Foxtel, between some beach excursions and beverages.....many great memories, players and moments.
Just seen this 1997 comeback vs Roosters and down 18 - 0 at Brookie.
The fend Innes sticks in Matt Sings face is still probably tattoo'd on his melon today, as he races away after a Kosef charge down to give Manly the lead....another classic try put the sword through the heart, with Beaver Menzies skipping out of tackles and getting a pass around the corner to the speedster Hunter for a 50m dash.
Another memorable mention was a Manly / Souths clash at Redfern from 1987, where Manly fight back after trailing 10 - 0 early.
The ronnie Gibbs chip and diving catch to score was a Stunner deal and the fierce forward battle reminded me of how tough, rugged footy in the old days was brutal, but such a great spectacle.
Damn I feel old, was at that game on the hill as a youngster and the dust was flying as Ward, Gibbs, Cleal got on top of an aggressive, Monster Rabbits pack.

Give us some Silvertail memories of the best games or moments you have tucked away ???

Over the festive season have watched a few old classic games on Foxtel, between some beach excursions and beverages.....many great memories, players and moments.
Just seen this 1997 comeback vs Roosters and down 18 - 0 at Brookie.
The fend Innes sticks in Matt Sings face is still probably tattoo'd on his melon today, as he races away after a Kosef charge down to give Manly the lead....another classic try put the sword through the heart, with Beaver Menzies skipping out of tackles and getting a pass around the corner to the speedster Hunter for a 50m dash.
Another memorable mention was a Manly / Souths clash at Redfern from 1987, where Manly fight back after trailing 10 - 0 early.
The ronnie Gibbs chip and diving catch to score was a Stunner deal and the fierce forward battle reminded me of how tough, rugged footy in the old days was brutal, but such a great spectacle.
Damn I feel old, was at that game on the hill as a youngster and the dust was flying as Ward, Gibbs, Cleal got on top of an aggressive, Monster Rabbits pack.

Give us some Silvertail memories of the best games or moments you have tucked away ???
You feel old?, I was married that year and let me tell you, I didn't marry young, closer to forty than twenty.

08 GF
Full time in the 76 GF
But one that gives me great pleasure is the Russell Gartner blindside try off Alan Thompson in semi final replay against the slime in 78.
To watch it unfold in front of me at the SCG was magic and put us on the road to victory.
Still gives me goosebumps ...

Chris Anderson's last game as coach of The Roosters against Manly (at Brooky) where Braith Anasta teared up after the game.

Anderson was so devastated during the game, he turned his chair away and couldn't watch!

Monnas played Hooker. Matai's hair came out during the game and Warren from Fox called him Atilla the Hun (apologies for the spelling).

One that’s sticks in my mind is 2009, lost the first 4 with Stewart out suspended, he came back and absolutely scorched the Tigers and shoved it right up Gallop and co in front of a packed house

I loved the 2007 PF win almost as much as the 2008 gf.

It was a massive milestone for the club post neagles mess. I remember sitting there at the sfs and it being like an English soccer crowd with manly chant going around the ground. I went there that night expecting our season to end and was so wrong. It was a memorable night

2013 pf
One of the greatest games ...non gf to be at.
Being in the members stands right in half way full of Souths fans with only one other supporter in my bay, oh how sweet a night it was.
Also seeing albo Crowe and his crew leave their private box and them all walking past me with me just pointing at my jersey saying “ such a shame you lost “ was priceless.
One of those moments I hope I never forget as that night no one gave us a chance to win no one and at 14-0 down we looked gone.

1990 we played Dogs and Broncos consecutively. Hammered the dogs 20 nil then backed it up 26 nil against Broncos. Loved the 90s era and we had a team in 90,91 that should in my opinion went all the way.

I remember the first final in 2013 at the SFS against the Rorters. 4-0 scoreline. Really tough, brutal game of footy, real old school - even though we lost I left the ground thinking we had the commitment and desire to compete deep into the finals. Unfortunately we just came up short against the same opponent in the GF.

I remember the first final in 2013 at the SFS against the Rorters. 4-0 scoreline. Really tough, brutal game of footy, real old school - even though we lost I left the ground thinking we had the commitment and desire to compete deep into the finals. Unfortunately we just came up short against the same opponent in the GF.
Loved that game too C & C....but that 2013 GF is 1 of few games I find hard to accept....as a supporter who hates calling out the bloke with the whistle and preaching the game is decided by the players, he really gave them power plays at key points including blatent forward passes, penalties ect....after the Matai try I thought we had it, but between the ref and SBW, ruined the Party !!

Loved that game too C & C....but that 2013 GF is 1 of few games I find hard to accept....as a supporter who hates calling out the bloke with the whistle and preaching the game is decided by the players, he really gave them power plays at key points including blatent forward passes, penalties ect....after the Matai try I thought we had it, but between the ref and SBW, ruined the Party !!
GF was disappointing, We should never have lost that game at 18-8 up. Hayne didn't help but it was just a couple of lapses in defence and switching off and letting Jennings ice it with that try. At 20-18 I still thought we just needed some field position and we'd get there, but lack of urgency with the rolling ball cost us

Have mentioned this one before but Round 10 1994. Manly v Norths at an overly packed NSO on a Friday night. Retro jerseys worn and scoreline was also retro. 11-8 in a great tough game. Atmosphere was fantastic. Miss the derby days.

Haven’t found this game online or anywhere unfortunately.

2013 pf
One of the greatest games ...non gf to be at.
Being in the members stands right in half way full of Souths fans with only one other supporter in my bay, oh how sweet a night it was.
Also seeing albo Crowe and his crew leave their private box and them all walking past me with me just pointing at my jersey saying “ such a shame you lost “ was priceless.
One of those moments I hope I never forget as that night no one gave us a chance to win no one and at 14-0 down we looked gone.
That game also best illustrated Manly falling behind in the power and size stakes, squeezing out the last bit of juice this squad had.

It was evident throughout 2012/13 but the skill and quality of our backline and backrow was enough to compensate for a lack of direct grunt, lateral early spreads provided go forward along the outer third corridors was a Manly feature.

I'll never forget sitting on the packed out hill on a Sunday afternoon watching that great come back draw with Brisbane 26-26. Hill's amazing effort to score in the corner in the final minutes sent the place into mayhem. Then came that Reeves kick from the sideline with the sun in his eyes

I'll never forget sitting on the packed out hill on a Sunday afternoon watching that great come back draw with Brisbane 26-26. Hill's amazing effort to score in the corner in the final minutes sent the place into mayhem. Then came that Reeves kick from the sideline with the sun in his eyes
Hills try busting Tallis and dragging Lockyer over from 10m out !!

• 👍
Reactions: Ben
Chris Anderson's last game as coach of The Roosters against Manly (at Brooky) where Braith Anasta teared up after the game.

Anderson was so devastated during the game, he turned his chair away and couldn't watch!

Monnas played Hooker. Matai's hair came out during the game and Warren from Fox called him Atilla the Hun (apologies for the spelling).
Was 50-0 wasn't it? Anderson had a heart attack after it.

2003, the famous face slapping game against St Merge down an WIN [Lose] Stadium, we weren't given a hope that day, and my wife's family was there, all Merge supporters, who really give me the $hits, as they think Grand Finals were created just for them, despite the fact that they have won diddly squat for the past thirty years.
Anyway, they scored first and I was looking for a hole to fall into when the unexpected happened, they stopped playing thinking how easy it's going to be, and even Brown's face slapping couldn't wake them up.
From memory I think it's the only game we have won down there against them.

One of mine is when Choc was niggling away at Scott Prince (during his Tigers stint) during a game and got in his face mouthing off after scoring a try, then they started punching on. It's memorable because it was a meaningless pre-season game @:D Classic Choc...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8