Faumuina... Manly not interested

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back to the good old days of NZ being the feeder nation for the Eagles. I was getting a bit tired of Parra supplying us with duds (Lyon excepted).

I've been dreaming about this day! :dance: I'd love the guy to play here. He can have some nightmare games, but I just think he's a top player. Hopefully he doesn't stuff up :drunk: off the field too much, that seems to be the only concern with him.

I'm a big fan of Sione & would love to have him at the club for season 2007.

Ryan , not sure what you've heard aboout Matai , but from what I'm hearing ( he may be in a spot of bother )

Manly yesterday ruled out signing Faumuina after originally being in the market for the former Kiwi international. Asked if the Sea Eagles would approach Faumuina, chief executive Grant Mayer said: "Zero. In light of what's happened, we're not interested."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/raper-may-pay-price-for-keeping-faith-with-halves/2006/08/30/1156816966939.html?page=2

ESL it is then I would think.

I am glad Manly took that stance.... I would have probably taken him given his footballing ability... but i also respect the decision not to bring dickheads into the club.

Well done Manly, here's to another solid year of no serious off field drama's :D

can contracts be altered such that we front load some monies? ie we must have a little up our sleve since we have bid for some players but since we didnt get them can we front load that money to reduce the amount paid in 08?

Why not sign him? I can't stand this holier than thou attitude some administrators take. Buy players who will give us a shot at the silverware should be written into their contracts, who cares what they look like or act like in their personal lives. This game belongs to the fans not to the moralistic boofheads in the corporate box. So what if the guy enjoys a bit of the grog and occasionally acts up? He's a go forward player and his offloads to Stewart would have been terrific. By the way, that doesn't seem to be happening of late.

Why not sign him? I can't stand this holier than thou attitude some administrators take. Buy players who will give us a shot at the silverware should be written into their contracts, who cares what they look like or act like in their personal lives. This game belongs to the fans not to the moralistic boofheads in the corporate box. So what if the guy enjoys a bit of the grog and occasionally acts up? He's a go forward player and his offloads to Stewart would have been terrific. By the way, that doesn't seem to be happening of late.

Here , here.
What about Joey Johns. His behaviour of late has been far worse , and completely in the eyes of the public. Do you think Manly would knock him back.

jesus, some of those Parra Piss heads are lucky they are not at Manly ! we would have no players left, i guess we will see Faumuinaaaaaaaa in the blue and gold in the not too distant future. At least he will fit into there pissed idiot culture.

The whole thing is tied up with the image of the game. This is not about the everyday punter but the huge corporations that sink money into the game. They do not want to be associated with players/images that do not support their aims. Many companies have clauses written into deals which tie to negative publicity. Joey gets away with murder because of who he is, but other players are sacrificial lambs to protect the financial interests of clubs and the game.

Do you think Thurston left the Dogs because he couldn't play football???? Many examples of this over the years.

If they knew what he would have turned into...they would not have let him go CW. Same as O'Donnell....you think The Tigers would have let him go, if they knew he would end up a true blue International.

Fact is, beggars can't be choosers, and 07 has seen BK, Ben Creagh, Steve Simpson, apparently Nevill Costigan all knock us back.

This holier than thou attitude is ridiculous.

Anyone here never had a night on the beers at the age of 25, and been a little silly or obnoxious??? EXACTLY !!

Plus - I believe our culture would assist the guy. Players like Kite / Beaver etc will do the guy all the good in the world.

so what does this mean for Steve Matai IF he is found guilty given Manly's stance on players with baggage??

Whilst not condoning any of what faumauina has done, i get the feeling we may have just slightly missed the boat on this one.

If they knew what he would have turned into...they would not have let him go CW. Same as O'Donnell....you think The Tigers would have let him go, if they knew he would end up a true blue International.

Fact is, beggars can't be choosers, and 07 has seen BK, Ben Creagh, Steve Simpson, apparently Nevill Costigan all knock us back.

This holier than thou attitude is ridiculous.

Anyone here never had a night on the beers at the age of 25, and been a little silly or obnoxious??? EXACTLY !!

Plus - I believe our culture would assist the guy. Players like Kite / Beaver etc will do the guy all the good in the world.

You don't honestly think that they didn't take us up on our offer because we don't tolerate dickhead behaviour do you????

BK - Is shot... his body has had it.. he needs to retire

Ben Creagh and Steve Simpson - Both of these blokes gave their respective clubs the first and last say regarding contracts.. they are just both loyal to the clubs that they are currently playing for.

Neville Costigan - We never made him an offer.. cuz we have better players

we dont want d!ckheads that cause trouble at the club, im not too fussed with the clubs decision considering we have a few good backrowers already. I am sure if we were screaming out for a quality backrower the outcome could have been different.

Who's our 3rd full time backrower guys. Who's going to step up in your opinion....I personally reckon Cuthbo...but Dessy seems to be off him.

well you keep going on about how Cuthbo and Wells should be given a shot, one of them will have to be given a chance if we sign no one else. IMO if Cuthbo gets more time in NRL playing backrow it is a good thing.

Didnt we have a thread about this bloke weeks ago and the general opinion, if memory serves, was he was a real talent but maybe his poor attitude was not for us. I know I certainly said so.

So now we have statements being made like :
"this holier than thou attitude some administrators take" and
" So what if the guy enjoys a bit of the grog and occasionally acts up"
"Fact is, beggars can't be choosers This holier than thou attitudude is ridiculous"

Why is it that hard to understand that it could very well be a simple case of the administration including CEO, Recruitment & Coach, agreeing that the player might well have a destabalising effect on our team and that he just doesnt fit in with the culture of our club. Whilst he may be a great talent the overall evaluation is that his inclusion would be detrimental to our objectives.

Sometimes i just dont know where you blokes dredge up some of these wild comments.

Maybe its just that its so late in the season and because we havnt bought another blue chip a few people get all girly & panick.

Just what are the objectives JC. Hillsong Eagles? Sign the guy and help him turn himself around. We've done it before.

Just what are the objectives JC. Hillsong Eagles? Sign the guy and help him turn himself around. We've done it before.

To have a well functioning football team that wins football matches & aims to win the premiership.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4