Fatty's Down Syndrome brother Geoffrey Vautin dies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
And also as a bloke with some common sense and perspective

He is an ex-parra player and supporter so common sense and perspective don't exist.

Vautin has spent years making smart arse and offensive comments.  I am just surprised it has taken this long for someone to take him to task.

Some people just need to toughen up. Smart arse comments and having a laugh is meant to be the aussie way isn't it ?

So the poor bloke with benign epilepsy should "harden up" because a pampered millionaire chooses to ridicule him on National TV, damaging his work prospects in the process?

I thought "egalitarianism" was the Australian way - but I guess Footy Show viewers draw the line at 2 syllables.

Geez there are some hypocrites on this forum.

Certain posters spend a fair amount of time ridiculing others, one in particular.

Matabele link said:
So the poor bloke with benign epilepsy should \"harden up\" because a pampered millionaire chooses to ridicule him on National TV, damaging his work prospects in the process?

I thought \"egalitarianism\" was the Australian way - but I guess Footy Show viewers draw the line at 2 syllables.

Once again, as has been stated mata, you HAVE NOT seen the clip. The "poor bloke" would have been forgotten in 1 day if his dad hadn;t keep going on with it.

So he was mistaken as drunk, wow, that is life changing stuff. It was an unfortunate mistake, which 99.9% of people watching the clip would have made, that has been apologised for and should be done and dusted

Quite amusing how offended you get about this comment, compared to some of the other garbage you spout at times

Isn't it sad when people can't defend their position logically they start to resort to personal abuse. 

Definition of defamation:  Reducing someone's standing within the opinion of their peers to their detriment.  That's exactly what happened here. 

Where is the personal abuse Mata ?

Going by that definition, Monaghan would have a fair case against yourself ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Delmege wanted him mate :D

Monaghan was fortunate that the Penns hadn't come on board at that point.  I get the feeling they did not think very much of him as a player or a person. 

Interesting, coz all the reports of Monaghan the person have been 1st class. From my personal interaction with him he was pretty good, although all of the blokes were. Kite was the standout with me in that department

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Some people just need to toughen up. Smart arse comments and having a laugh is meant to be the aussie way isn't it ?

It used to be the Aussie way years ago but now we are going down the american path of people just looking for an excuse to sue someone. 

The problem with Vautin and the footy show is that they are both still stuck in the 1980's while the rest of australian has moved on to know that we cannot do and say what we did to other people 25 years ago without now risking sexual harrasment/defamation etc claims. 

Matas, what is the one true defense for defamation???

The truth, and the truth was he looked drunk, therefore at the end of the day it would not get passed.

I wish you had seen the clip because you look a complete fool at the moment to all that have seen it

Dan link said:
Matas, what is the one true defense for defamation???

The truth, and the truth was he looked drunk, therefore at the end of the day it would not get passed.

I wish you had seen the clip because you look a complete fool at the moment to all that have seen it

Truth is not always a defence - not even when its a reporter for a broadsheet, let alone well known muckrakers lke the Footy Show Panel. 

And I have seen the clip - several times on the news.

Out of context, and with foreknowledge that the guy has epilepsy.

Had you seen it straight off, in context with the rest of the segment, without knowing what you do now, well your opinion would be different

No, as already pointed out, a man employed in any form of security these days would be highly unlikely to be legless on the job.  At the very least I would have used common sense and at the very least held my mouth. 

Matabele link said:
No, as already pointed out, a man employed in any form of security these days would be highly unlikely to be legless on the job.  At the very least I would have used common sense and at the very least held my mouth. 

Pure comedy !

Matabele link said:
So the poor bloke with benign epilepsy should \"harden up\" because a pampered millionaire chooses to ridicule him on National TV, damaging his work prospects in the process?

I thought \"egalitarianism\" was the Australian way - but I guess Footy Show viewers draw the line at 2 syllables.

I could provide many posts where you have called me something I am not.

I'm sure I could do vice versa too.

Matabele link said:

You are so full of ****!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4