Fatty's Down Syndrome brother Geoffrey Vautin dies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
FFS Dan, use your brain.  Do you REALLY think a pub would stand a bouncer out the front of their establishment who is evidently as pissed as a newt?

On one of the busiest nights of the year? 

FFS, the bouncer doesnt work for the pub, he works for the security company contracted to provide manpower to the pub, and works the shift he is delegated by his employer.

It is not standard practice for security personnel to turn up to do a shift & be checked to see if he is inebriated, drugged or stupid.

Seems like some people here are trying to manufacture outrage over a non issue.

I also asked a question of you on page 1. Any response ?

Jatz Crackers link said:
FFS, the bouncer doesnt work for the pub, he works for the security company contracted to provide manpower to the pub, and works the shift he is delegated by his employer.

It is not standard practice for security personnel to turn up to do a shift & be checked to see if he is inebriated, drugged or stupid.

So if Fatty, in all his wisdom, could deduce he was "drunk" from 1000km away on a few seconds evidence we're supposed to believe that no one in management in Caxton street would have picked up there was something amiss?  :roll:

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177662.msg187109#msg187109 date=1213694156]Just another example of the peurile, blokey mysogyny that is making Channel 9 such a dinosaur.

:eek: Been hanging around too many misandrists  :D

Matabele link said:
He's only apologising in an attempt to weasel out of legal action.

LOL....what legal action would that be ? 
[/quote]

I think tookey and the papers have answered your question.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177662.msg187226#msg187226 date=1213781824]
FFS Dan, use your brain.  Do you REALLY think a pub would stand a bouncer out the front of their establishment who is evidently as pissed as a newt?

On one of the busiest nights of the year? 

[/quote]

If they were checked for being stupid I am sure that they would all pass the test. 

I don't see any problem with them being ramdomly checked for drugs and alcohol though and this should happen now. 

A bouncer works on pub premises and carries out duties for the licencee/publican.  There is a contractual agreement between the security company and the pub and therefore the bouncer would be deemed to be a de facto employee. 

As such both the pub and bouncer would potentially face court action for actions carried out by the bouncer.   

A publican has a responsibility to ensure that the security company that he contracts is of a high standard and that its employees are properly trained. 

If it was well known that a certain pub regularly employed bouncers who were drunk or under the influence of drugs and a patron was injured by a bouncer then I think that this would form the basis of a court action against the pub no matter who actually employed the bouncer.

I am a contractor with my employer and the employer insists that I have millions of dollars of professional indemnity insurance in case I create fraud etc. 

The reason for this is because if I didn't have the insurance then my employer would be sued for my actions even though I am a contractor.

MAtas you are kidding, you didn't see the segment, and as Willstyles said if there is going to be any pub in the world that has a a bouncer who has had a few it would be the Caxton on Origin night, Fatty made a reasonable inference, an apology would be suffice.

It seems you guys just have a stronger agenda against Fatty and the show. If you haven't seen the clip, I daresay you are just shooting ****!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=177662.msg187235#msg187235 date=1213786447]

So if Fatty, in all his wisdom, could deduce he was "drunk" from 1000km away on a few seconds evidence we're supposed to believe that no one in management in Caxton street would have picked up there was something amiss?  :roll:
[/quote]

Feel free to re-read the bolded bits.

And i take it that your most used emoticon ( ::)) is your way of telling us all that its only your opinion that can feasibly be correct.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=177662.msg187137#msg187137 date=1213704133]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177662.msg187109#msg187109 date=1213694156]Just another example of the peurile, blokey mysogyny that is making Channel 9 such a dinosaur.

:eek: Been hanging around too many misandrists  :D

Matabele link said:
He's only apologising in an attempt to weasel out of legal action.

LOL....what legal action would that be ? 
[/quote]

I think tookey and the papers have answered your question.
[/quote]

I was after your opinion but never mind, youve partially answered it.

I thought the bloke looked pissed on first viewing as well. Vautin did bugger all wrong and bad news about his brother.

tookey link said:
If they were checked for being stupid I am sure that they would all pass the test. 

I don't see any problem with them being ramdomly checked for drugs and alcohol though and this should happen now. 

A bouncer works on pub premises and carries out duties for the licencee/publican.  There is a contractual agreement between the security company and the pub and therefore the bouncer would be deemed to be a de facto employee. 

As such both the pub and bouncer would potentially face court action for actions carried out by the bouncer.   

A publican has a responsibility to ensure that the security company that he contracts is of a high standard and that its employees are properly trained. 

If it was well known that a certain pub regularly employed bouncers who were drunk or under the influence of drugs and a patron was injured by a bouncer then I think that this would form the basis of a court action against the pub no matter who actually employed the bouncer.

I am a contractor with my employer and the employer insists that I have millions of dollars of professional indemnity insurance in case I create fraud etc. 

The reason for this is because if I didn't have the insurance then my employer would be sued for my actions even though I am a contractor.

I dont know what all that waffle above has to do with the fact a bouncer can turn up to do his shift without being checked by anyone for being drunk. In particular by Hotel management when he is contracted by the security company.

[quote author=Matabele So if Fatty, in all his wisdom, could deduce he was "drunk" from 1000km away on a few seconds evidence [/quote]

But you expect him to deduce that he had some sort of medical condition.

Which would be the most likely (and remember we are talking about Paul Vautin here) conclusion that you would come up with in a pub on Origin night after QLD belt NSW.

In light of his comments about not Knowingly deriding a disable person because of his brother, shouldn't everyone put it down to an unfourtunate gaffe by the fat man and get over it.

byso link said:
I thought the bloke looked pissed on first viewing as well. Vautin did bugger all wrong and bad news about his brother.
I agree 100%. Everyone there was flying high and to all intents and purposes he looked plastered. His family thinking about taking legal action is just a real low point in a nothing incident.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7