Fatty says Tom will be best ever

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Zero chance?
Why the need to be so harsh about one of our own?
Truth is, you do not have a crystal ball, you can't even tell me what I'll be doing today, so how you think you can predict the outcome of an entire career is beyond me.
Settle petal.
I'm not a fence sitter----i have an opinion and back myself----that is why i say "Zero Chance".

That doesn't mean Tom will not be up there with the best at Manly but will sit behind a few that is for sure.

Using the ball to Siro as an example of "ball playing" really is clutching at straws---good ball yes but i wouldn't be using that to give weight to an argument.

Yes Tom has good attacking instincts never once said otherwise, all i am saying is Tom is most effective through the middle third and that fans seeing this dominant area of his attacking game seem to think it naturally flows all over the park in all elements of attack when it doesn't.

Very good player but all this greatness talk is over hyping his qualities and current status in the game.
I think most fullbacks are best through the middle third of the field. Tedesco has only just managed to develop a decent pass to the edges since he went to the Roosters...it takes time to develop these things. I reckon you are way off the mark when it comes to your appraisal of his game. He reads things exceptionally well, knows who to support to trail for offloads (Fonua-Blake against Warriors for example), where space is (same game against Warriors when he scored from close range) and positions himself for opportunities. Outside of a spiral pass to his winger, he is close to the complete package at 22...he can get better but so can any player.

I think most fullbacks are best through the middle third of the field. Tedesco has only just managed to develop a decent pass to the edges since he went to the Roosters...it takes time to develop these things. I reckon you are way off the mark when it comes to your appraisal of his game. He reads things exceptionally well, knows who to support to trail for offloads (Fonua-Blake against Warriors for example), where space is (same game against Warriors when he scored from close range) and positions himself for opportunities. Outside of a spiral pass to his winger, he is close to the complete package at 22...he can get better but so can any player.
Nowadays the middle third is important to be sharp and instinctive with offloads and faster play the balls more on offer than the past along with more powerful forwards able to tackle bust or attract more defenders.(It's a skill most Fullbacks have these days and shouldn't be seen as "this makes Tom stand out from the rest")

Go back to the Brett Stewart era and he really didn't have an inside third game but he did show glimpses of this and was more a quality over quantity option in this area. The try against the Warriors in the GF hiding himself out of play then injecting himself into the space was a very smart play but also more effective because Brett never really focused his attack in these areas, the surprise element.(Also the double cross over play against the Roosters at Brookie)

In saying that Tom's outside work is nothing special, passing is average and not confident, footwork is not in the upper classes in relation to standing up a player one on one, doesn't really have "footy turn of speed or line running".

Defensively has been caught out in a variety of ways, low down has had issues also along the try-line and his attitude in the past hasn't been great when things go against him or the team.

Has a long way to go to even warrant any "greatness" accolades to be given and will be behind Lyons, Brett Stewart and even Jamie Lyon if i was naming a Manly squad of greats.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7