Farah to stay a tiger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In previous articles there has been a mention of ballin. I would have thought farrah going, them taking ballin would have freed up the necessay cash to make the deal with a bit of backended thrown in. Based on that i think farah staying translates to a no kapow 2016 , unless another trade can be arranged
I think it works in our favour Farrah staying - there cap will be under more stress and they will have to off load. Only question is do we have enough space but getting rid of Gutherson and JSL may have done that

Looks like the Farah saga will soon be over. Reports this morning he has asked for a release from the Tigers immediately. Highly doubt they'll stand in his way. Quality side they'll have next year!
Wait for it, he is still asking for every cent of his contract. The bargaining begins

Robbie Farah requests release from Wests Tigers: Reports

ROBBIE Farah has reportedly asked for a release from NRL club Wests Tigers.

The Seven Network reported on Saturday that Farah’s management emailed the Tigers on Friday night requesting an immediate release.

NSW State of Origin star Farah has two years to run on his contract with the joint venture.

Earlier this week Tigers coach Jason Taylor was confident Farah would stay with the club despite the former captain being given permission to look elsewhere in August and was reportedly told he would play reserve grade if he stayed at the club.

“Robbie’s decided that he is going to remain with the club and I’m comfortable with that and we move forward,” Taylor told radio 2UE’s Sports Today program.

“We’ve been working pretty closely over the past couple of weeks. A lot has been said in the past but the point is Robbie will stay on board this year and I will coach Robbie well and we’ll work together well.

“Robbie and I have had some good discussions and we will continue to do that. I’m not saying that it’s sorted out 100 per cent. I’m saying that it’s sorted out 75, 80 per cent and we’ll keep working together.”

Farah’s position in the team was brought into further question in October when he stood down as the club’s captain, while the Tigers also signed fellow 80-minute hooker Matt Ballin from Manly. However, Taylor now says Farah will be given the opportunity to prove his worth in the pre-season to keep his spot.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...s/news-story/aaa52048c6e05166e76e11d00827ff30

JT is making the tough calls. Short term pain long term gain. But how much are those stupid tigers paying brooks and Moses that is there next cap mistake.

"We received an email last night asking for a release, but we haven't agreed to any terms," said Wests Tigers CEO Pascoe said.

"Until terms are agreeable, Robbie remains a contracted player and we expect him to see out all the obligations of that contract."

Are these guys for f....ing real?

The tigers need to sack Taylor or will lose other players . Farah is not bigger then the club but jeez Taylor has to go . I feel sorry for matt Ballin out of all this .I wish he went to a club that wasn't in so much turmoil ,poor bugger.

If the Tigers start offloading more players Santi would be a great steal.
Yeah, but his value always increases around Christmas time (sorry couldn't resist that one).

22y.o. Australian schoolboys captain 2011, winning NYC GF 2012, NSW U20s player's player, Italy rep, can't see a tick anywhere for a contract in 2016?

Farah seems like a pain in the ass . He had his previous coach sacked and now he is having issues with his current coach . He reminds me of the way Choc thought that he was bigger than his club .
From my vantage point, any unrest from his captain is ironic karma for Jason Taylor.

During the 90's North Sydney had a rare and sustained resurgence under highly regarded coach Peter Louis. Louis had an incredible 60% win ratio when in charge of the Bears. Best results since the 1920s. They even had (wait for it ...) semifinal appearances! Then it was reported that the players had a famous BBQ and decided Louis had to go. I believe JT was captain and seen as the ringleader in the coup. My (admittedly faulty nowadays) memory says the BBQ was even at JT's place. Louis resigned and the Bears promptly returned to their entrenched place in the rugby league hierarchy.

JT had previous very public issues with his coach. He asked for a contract release from Wests in a flurry in the early 90's because he thought his coach's style of play was too structured and too restrictive (forget about results and that Wests were in the semis). And he was keen to point out other players thought the same.

Seems to me he's been a dominant force on both sides of the coach undermining fence.

Last edited:
From my vantage point, the unrest from his captain is ironic karma for Jason Taylor.

During the 90's North Sydney had a rare and sustained resurgence under highly regarded coach Peter Louis. Louis had an incredible 60% win ratio when in charge of the Bears. Best results since the 1920s. They even had (wait for it ...) semifinal appearances! Then it was reported that the players had a famous BBQ and decided to Louis had to go. I believe JT was captain and seen as the ringleader in the coup. My (admittedly faulty nowadays) memory says the BBQ was even at JT's place. Louis resigned and the Bears promptly returned to their entrenched place in the rugby league hierarchy.

JT had previous very public issues with his coach. He asked for a contract release from Wests in a flurry in the early 90's because he thought his coach's style of play was too structured and too restrictive (forget about results and that Wests were in the semis). And he was keen to point out other players thought the same.

Seems to me he's been a dominant force on both sides of the coach undermining fence.
Interesting story Rex . Seems to me both JT and Farah have the same issues . They can both go and get fcked as far as I am concerned
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!! :)

Jason Taylor was one of the trifecta of big name, big paycheck, half-back disasters for Manly/Northern Eagles around the turn of the century. Like Craig Field and Brett Kimmorley, his performances were below pathetic. Worse still, we had a young fellow named Matt Orford, who was killing it in reserves, being held out of first grade by Taylor.

Peter not-so-Sharp decided Matt Orford was excess to needs so Orford gave the best football years of his life to Melbourne Storm, and we got lumped with throw-another-intercept Kimmorley.

It seems to me that just about every issue between the Tigers players and coaches in the past 4-5 years, Farah has been front and centre of everything.

Taylor left Western Suburbs for the same reasons Terry Hill did. Neither could stand playing under Warren Ryan. Which is interesting because Hill took the NSWRL to court and beat their draft system because he wanted to be at the Magpies under Ryan than at the Rorters.

Jason Taylor is like The 12th Man's version of Richie "the captain of the commentary team" Benaud. As both a player and a coach its "We work as a team and we do it my way". As coach that's fair enough. As a player......lets just say that if he was at Manly and pulled that crap with Bozo as his coach he'd have ended up playing for some unknown team out the back of Woop Woop.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Roosters for Farah??? What about Friend?

To be fair i think Farah is entitled to every cent of his contract

I can see him going to the Roosters as his Manager looks after half the team there and is good mates with Politis. I don't understand it with Friend as captain and I am sure he won't be happy if Farah ends up there.
But the Tigers would be paying most of Farah's contract and the Roosters would be chipping in $250 K.
Farah has said he will only go to a club that is finals contention. I feel sorry for the Tigers what they are going through, a dysfunctional board and coach Taylor reminds me of a Brian Smith type no personality, can't relate his ideas to the player's level on the old white board no people skills and he and Taylor make it clear....Its my way or the highway.
If you're a Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy etc and you have proven yourself, you can understand. But not a Jason Taylor who has done nothing and will be remembered for getting into a drunk fight with a former player. But maybe if Farah moves on, some of the players will feel better and the young halves will get the ball more and play their game and things could look up

It seems to me that just about every issue between the Tigers players and coaches in the past 4-5 years, Farah has been front and centre of everything.

Taylor left Western Suburbs for the same reasons Terry Hill did. Neither could stand playing under Warren Ryan. Which is interesting because Hill took the NSWRL to court and beat their draft system because he wanted to be at the Magpies under Ryan than at the Rorters.

Jason Taylor is like The 12th Man's version of Richie "the captain of the commentary team" Benaud. As both a player and a coach its "We work as a team and we do it my way". As coach that's fair enough. As a player......lets just say that if he was at Manly and pulled that crap with Bozo as his coach he'd have ended up playing for some unknown team out the back of Woop Woop.
Hill didn't want to stay at Wests and he didn't want to move to the Roosters. A third club was his preferred option so he then went to court.

image.jpg
This is the guy coaching the Tigers.
Really puts things into perspective and how lucky we are when they punted Tooves we didn't get a piece of **** like this

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6