Fans give verdict: No, no, no, no, no!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can handle loud mouthed commentators, egotistical commentators, or even ex football playing meat-head commentators but I find David Morrow and his pro St.George diatribe to be  the most unprofessional, nauseating, bile producing, piece of excrement  ever to sit behind a microphone.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=181814.msg243190#msg243190 date=1253759117]
I like the guys who go further into it. I don't particularly need the game called, I can see that myself. It's the little things that happened maybe off camera or that relate to an earlier game that I may have forgotten that are of interest.
The fact that Gus or Vossy will harp on something is good. I find what annoys me is when they don't carry on. I want them to spend half a game whinging about Cam Smith's constant forward passing or Slaters use of his feet because that's what I do. I just can't reach as many people as them.

Thank god you don't have a further reach! Boring c**t
[/quote]

We should discuss music sometime then Dan. You'd soon appreciate that I'm relatively light-hearted about football.

Back to the point. Footy isn't just a take it or leave it, shrug of the shoulders form of entertainment. There is a lot of time, money & emotion wrapped up in what is essentially a small scale representation of the human existance in it's totality.

Injustices, corruption, predictability & lowest common denomiator appeal are real problems in everything. We need people who'll go on about things & put it in your head.

If everyone just "gets on with it" nothing will ever change.

you invest way too much in what is in effect a bunch of grown men running around banging into each other, all of which dont give 2 ****s about anything which is not in their own cloistered existence.

It is entertainment, nothing more.

it is not a small scale representation of anything but what it is. it is a bunch of young guys in an artificial environment, and couldn't be further from the real world.

Fro link said:
you invest way too much in what is in effect a bunch of grown men running around banging into each other, all of which dont give 2 S**ts about anything which is not in their own cloistered existence.

It is entertainment, nothing more.

it is not a small scale representation of anything but what it is. it is a bunch of young guys in an artificial environment, and couldn't be further from the real world.

Everything is more than just itself.

It's your attitude (which is in the majority) that allows so much to be substandard.

I don't want to sound like Gus is my best mate but he is passionate about the game & wants to impart his knowledge upon those who'll listen.

Remember, most of those who voted him the worst were probably Parra, Penriff, Broncs & Cowboys fans who just don't understand him.

My attitude?

That being there are far more important things in life than a bunch of overpaid, underworked adolescents.

And for that I am wholy unrepentant.

I enjoy the game, I enjoy crapping on about the game and things around it.

But it is not my life, and anyone who's it is, is sad.

Footy is only a small part of my life too Fro but every percent is as important as the whole.

if you believe that you are a sad person.

By your own words Family is as important as filling your car and cutting your hair.

Sad..

It's easier to visit your folkes with petrol in the car.

But keep it on track. I'm trying to defend Gus Gould here. Dan will kick this onto the General forum if we keep going down this path.

Whats Canterbury's ex coach got to do with it.

Dan isnt that soft.

but I will desist, but its sad.

Yeah, I noticed it as soon as I hit post.

Sorry Fro.

I do rate spelling as being very important and enjoy your work.

deadlyeagle link said:
How the hell is Gordon 'drongo' Tallis not amongst the worst commentators?
He can't even talk properly and yet he is a commentator.
You should listen to Laurie Spina calling the Cowboys on the radio, I think English must be his second langauge.

DSM5 link said:
Duff, Fro, excellent my lads.  I think you left the field to early Fro.

After he complimented my spelling I had to claim the victory and withdraw triumphant.

oh, and it's TOO early :)

Triumphant?

No result, I'd say. But my lunch hour (and a bit) is over.

Gus to host the Footy Show!!!!!

Don't mind Gus at all, he, Rabs and Sterlo work well together. I also enjoyed Fatty getting a few games this year, and also to my surprise enjoyed what Wally Lewis had to offer on the sideline

Grew a dislike for Warren Smith this year, he really got on my nerves at times

Tallis' commentary of our game against the Cowboys was up there with the worst, most biased I have ever heard, he is woeful

Duff link said:
Gus to host the Footy Show!!!!!

Fine by me I don't watch it, and that would just add another reason not to

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4