Fans give it back to Zorba

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Heato

A bit of back peddling going on here
/sport/nrl/teams/sea-eagles/sea-eagles-fans-hit-back-peter-peters-dummies-and-cowards-comments/news-story/079e2ebd373115bf565e5752534a00cf

Wouldn't let me put this in front
http(semi-colon)(forward slash)(forward slash)(the 3 w's)daily(+)telegraph(dot)com(dot)au

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/079e2ebd373115bf565e5752534a00cf

MANLY icon Peter “Zorba” Peters has apologised to angry Sea Eagles fans who accused him of calling them “dummies and cowards”.

The veteran Sydney media personality and part-time Sea Eagles employee was speaking on a weekly website panel show when he slammed social media users as “faceless keyboard warriors” when discussing the struggling Sea Eagles.

Convinced Peters had directed his comments at them, Sea Eagles supporters went on the attack.

Peters apologised to “genuine Manly fans”, saying the comments were aimed at all social media trolls, not specifically Sea Eagles fans.
Peters, a journalist since 1968, said he took part in the offending video as a member of the media. @:rolleyes:

-------

This is hilarious as every time he is quoted he labels himself as Peter Peters is a media and sales consultant with the Sea Eagles

The Kent video comment is sobering :tmi:

Last edited:
ZRC got the Cleary/Penn Memo - it's so funny that he is just a passerby

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eating-keyboard-warriors-20170315-guytoo.html

Peters was making one of his regular appearances on a video for the website Sporting News and was asked his opinion on fans criticising Barrett on social media.

Contacted on Wednesday the veteran Sea Eagles figure and former board member explained that he was speaking in his role as a long-term media commentator and not on behalf of Manly, adding that he was not directing his venom at Manly supporters in particular.

"I'm certainly not representing Manly when I speak there," he said. "That's always been understood by the club since I joined them in 1968.@:rolleyes:

ZRC got the Cleary/Penn Memo - it's so funny that he is just a passerby

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eating-keyboard-warriors-20170315-guytoo.html

Peters was making one of his regular appearances on a video for the website Sporting News and was asked his opinion on fans criticising Barrett on social media.

Contacted on Wednesday the veteran Sea Eagles figure and former board member explained that he was speaking in his role as a long-term media commentator and not on behalf of Manly, adding that he was not directing his venom at Manly supporters in particular.

"I'm certainly not representing Manly when I speak there," he said. "That's always been understood by the club since I joined them in 1968.@:rolleyes:

Have to laugh at the last comment, who is he representing then?

Yep. Got to this quote and my brain just did a double somersault with half pike twist and landed in a belly flop.
What?
So there's two Zorbas, the Manly one and the media one and the club understood in 1968 that when he was doing his internet 'media' (seemingly filmed in an RSL) bits that he wasn't the same Zorba that stood in front of them in a Manly outfit.
Right.

I'm not going to unload on Zorba with a personal attack because I genuinely believe he loves the Club, but he has a history on this front and at a time when the club is struggling for memberships he should have known better.

More than anything I am just disappointed in him.

I'm not going to unload on Zorba with a personal attack because I genuinely believe he loves the Club, but he has a history on this front and at a time when the club is struggling for memberships he should have known better.

More than anything I am just disappointed in him.
We should never ever lower ourselves to go down the personal track.

His ethnicity, his shape , his dyed hair ( whoops his natural hair colour), his eating habits should never come in to it.

What he writes or sprouts on social media / TV is!!

Yep. Got to this quote and my brain just did a double somersault with half pike twist and landed in a belly flop.
What?
So there's two Zorbas, the Manly one and the media one and the club understood in 1968 that when he was doing his internet 'media' (seemingly filmed in an RSL) bits that he wasn't the same Zorba that stood in front of them in a Manly outfit.
Right.
Exactly like Hillary Clinton one version for the people and my version that I keep to behind closed doors

keyboardwarriors.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7