Fans Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
clontaago link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=186352.msg314012#msg314012 date=1296559994]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186352.msg313952#msg313952 date=1296533168]
And his other brother Wan posts on this site.

There is yet another brother. His name is Far.

He has his ups and downs.
[/quote]

He's too inconsistent Jatz. Constantly in and out.
[/quote]

He can't play in the forwards. The rest of the team refuse to pack a scrum with him in it. 

The NRL left the Sea eagles no choice but to have the fan day on a weekday. The NRL was running a competition between Manly, The Roosters and the Sharks to see which of the 3 clubs could sign the most members between the 31st of Jan (Monday) and the 4th of Feb (Friday) with the winning club getting $10000. Obviously a fan day would be a day where a fair few new members could be signed up so the Sea Eagles had no option but to have the fan day one afternoon this week and they chose Monday. It did go til 6pm. I was lucky enough to get the afternoon off work and attend and I agree it was a great event and all the players were fantastic the way they mingled with the  public. I got my 2011 members hat signed by the entire squad and Dessie too.    :)

So what was their excuse last year and the year before that with having the Fans Day on a weekday????????

The fan days should be on a weekend , not a weekday, and esp not on the first day of school for the majority of kids......why couldnt they have had a fan day on the weekend and then come Monday morning , back at the office , the admin there " submit " all the memberships , in the supposed battle of the beaches ??  Dont want to sound negative , but it is hard not to..... dont tell me that the majority of the supposed 60,000 manly fans from GF 2008 , are westies and live outside the peninsula ?? that would be impossible , could it ??  LOL

WESTIE link said:
The fan days should be on a weekend , not a weekday, and esp not on the first day of school for the majority of kids......why couldnt they have had a fan day on the weekend and then come Monday morning , back at the office , the admin there \" submit \" all the memberships , in the supposed battle of the beaches ??  Dont want to sound negative , but it is hard not to..... dont tell me that the majority of the supposed 60,000 manly fans from GF 2008 , are westies and live outside the peninsula ?? that would be impossible , could it ??  LOL

Would have been a good plan.Pity no-one thought of it.What they have to realise is,not everyone in remote areas of sydney metro area see value in memberships.Getting to Brookie from Campbelltown could take 2 or 3 hours (or more) on pub transport.And people outside the metro area,may see even less value.Travel times,travelling with kids (and the extra costs associated with that),travel costs,accommodation,food,and entry (there's prob more).It's alright to say "be passionate,become a member".But for some,anything other than a non ticketed membership,is a waste of money.Fan days on school days do not benefit anyone with kids,or outside the metro area.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1296776533[/time]

That should be "with kids and too far away from Narrabeen headquarters.

I wonder what return  , they may have had if they had something at homebush or even manly beach ??  How about the fans day acts as the season launch for the fans , esp the little ones / and have the evening ball thingy that night , or the next ,for the corporates etc ?  The fringe supporter is more likely to dig into the pockets and sign up, IMO , if they are at an event with  more ppl , and is aimed at just that - a membership drive.  Players on hand to do 15 minute clinics with groups of kids , goal kicking comps , etc etc...merchandise available to buy , and try on etc ( instead of online and waiting , take advantage of the impulse buy etc), food and stuff for sale...all hosted by players and ex greats , interviews with players on stage etc .....an all day event say from 10-6 , more ppl will come and if planned correctly can act as the " welcome to the season" by manly for their fans....something like a manly easter show ?...... and final rant.... I also cant believe that they dont auction off the top 30/50 or so memberships each year , and get some of these celebrity manly fans to cough up and raise even more publicity etc.

As per the Big Fella Rose the boys re out visiting local schools today on the beaches and north sydney

Just because we do not hear about it does not mean it is not happening

The fringe supporter is more likely to dig into the pockets and sign up, IMO , if they are at an event with  more ppl , and is aimed at just that - a membership drive.  Players on hand to do 15 minute clinics with groups of kids , goal kicking comps , etc etc...merchandise available to buy , and try on etc ( instead of online and waiting , take advantage of the impulse buy etc), food and stuff for sale...all hosted by players and ex greats , interviews with players on stage etc

They had all that there... except the food (BBQ) and bottled water was free.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7