Fabulous Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Often when we judge some of these blokes and their behavour ... we forget just how young and un-wordly they are at the beginning of their careers .....

[Insert witty comment about ‘un-wordly’]

Fabulous Fainu indeed !
Only young but has proven to be tough and has shown plenty of skill and potential
Fainu has plenty of flair and Api is zippi and powerful
We are lucky to have 2 hookers that on their day can screw the opposition

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Love your confidence Ben but I think we are two years away.
im prepared to wait one or two years then win another gf, that way we keep the record of winning at least one title each decade since the 70's.
that said if we happen to win it this year i certainly won't be disappointed

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/23/how-manase-fainu-turned-himself-from-a-half-to-a-hooker/

Manly's Manase Fainu didn't know how to tackle properly when he was asked to move from the halves into hooker.

The Sea Eagles' then under-20s coach Wayne Lambkin saw something in the Fairfield United junior and put him in the No.9 jumper.

In 2017 the Sea Eagles won the NYC premiership against the Eels with Fainu as hooker and captain.

"I didn't like tackling much so I wasn't too fussed about it. But I'm used to tackling now and I actually love it," Fainu told NRL.com.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/23/how-manase-fainu-turned-himself-from-a-half-to-a-hooker/

Manly's Manase Fainu didn't know how to tackle properly when he was asked to move from the halves into hooker.

The Sea Eagles' then under-20s coach Wayne Lambkin saw something in the Fairfield United junior and put him in the No.9 jumper.

In 2017 the Sea Eagles won the NYC premiership against the Eels with Fainu as hooker and captain.

"I didn't like tackling much so I wasn't too fussed about it. But I'm used to tackling now and I actually love it," Fainu told NRL.com.
Aah, to be young and invincible :rolleyes:

Reminds me of an anecdote by Yehudi Menuhin of a conversation he had with an air hostess.
H: 'what do you do?'
YM: 'I'm a violinist, do you play ?'
H: ' don't know, I've never tried' :rofl:

Interesting he credits Cartwright with a lot of his success at 9. Didn’t see that coming. (then again I definitely didn’t see us in fourth place either.)

Aah, to be young and invincible :rolleyes:

Reminds me of an anecdote by Yehudi Menuhin of a conversation he had with an air hostess.
H: 'what do you do?'
YM: 'I'm a violinist, do you play ?'
H: ' don't know, I've never tried' :rofl:
Depends on what sort of playing he was referring to

Outside of re-signing the Turbo brothers, we MUST also retain Fainu. He is going to be one of the greats and the spine we have with DCE, Dylan and Tommy Turbo is a potential premiership one!

If Walker can maintain the form he is showing glimpses of, I'd say it's the best spine in the comp. Of all the other clubs, the only spine I'd possibly swap for is the Roosters', but I honestly don't rate their hookers very highly.

giphy.gif

Mana from Heaven if he beats the old :goat:

Huge wraps for the kid on 360 last night
Talking about bring a once in a generation player
Way to go yet but what a spine we have now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8