Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To even contemplate getting the Board and Hasler in a large room with interested fans for a discussion as to what did or didn't happen is ridiculous. Let's be realistic. Des got upset with a few issues and pulled the plug. So what? Life goes on and so will our club. He can go off to the Dogs and Toovs will come in. Thanks for everything Des, but I'll boo your name when it's read out in 2013. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The King is dead, long live the King. Go the Eagles.

DSM5 said:
To even contemplate getting the Board and Hasler in a large room with interested fans for a discussion as to what did or didn't happen is ridiculous. Let's be realistic. Des got upset with a few issues and pulled the plug. So what? Life goes on and so will our club. He can go off to the Dogs and Toovs will come in. Thanks for everything Des, but I'll boo your name when it's read out in 2013. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The King is dead, long live the King. Go the Eagles.
Well We May Say God save the Queen becuase nothing will save bob reilly . ::mad::mad::mad: Go The Mighty Sea Eagles !!!

DSM5 said:

Like I said, I doubt it would ever happen.

As a football club member I want to be able to exercise my vote to ensure this sort of crap doesn't repeat itself. If and when a vote is called I want to have facts not he said/she said or misinformation from the media or other forum posters.

I am grateful for what Des has done for the club and know I am mature enough to respect the man and his decision to move on without having to attack his creditability or motives or boo him whenever his name is read out in 2013.

vidmar said:
Read back Andrew - I did answer Wheel's query (Just before the mention of you and Sheldon)
An answer adequate only in your mind. Let's skin this cat another way. Can you categorically deny there has never been tension between your mate Reilly and Hasler and other key members of football operations?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Something is rotten here
It's trying to figure out who
Well according to our man in the know, it sure ain't Saint Bob.

vidmar said:
Wheel - You know enough about the set up of the club and the boards so have a think - The FC and Leagues Club has no direct or even indirect influence on Des and his day to day running of his playing or coaching staff - None - FACT

So intimating that Des is going because of Bob Reilly or any of the Football Club or Leagues club board members (Or even the MWSE I suppose) is strange to say the least

And of course the threat of using a 5-2 spill, as happened with Mayer, would surely not be viewed by anyone in the club as a threat, especially when a new CEO is trying to assume a hot seat. And particularly not when politicking is rife and appointments to said boards are arbitrary. No, of course not! The only rotten thing surely is that a dyed in the wool Manly player/coach such as Des is going to an opponent club for less money because he wanted to give Zorba the opportunity to leak false conspiracy theories to the Daily Telegraph.

Pull the other one, it plays jingle bells.

Vid my only question is regarding statements prior to the Des departure

More than one board member has stated that they had "no idea" of the Des contract negotiation status

How is that a functional board? What value are those members providing?

lsz said:
I would have assumed they were elected by members on an annual basis?

Then you might assume wrong. Perhaps vidmar and Jonesy could detail their ascension to lofty heights?

Isz - How people are elected to the MWSE board - One thing to be mindful of is that there are 4 owners of the MWSE company (the Franchise if you will) being the Penn Family, Quantum, the Leagues Club and the Football Club. (That's why calls for one board or a group of "selected" outside people won't work because each owner will of course want to have a say to protect their equity and to have their input in the running of the business thay have an ownership of)

Each of the owners nominates representative from their own ranks.

In the case of the FC and the Leagues Club the boards are made up of duly elected officials as voted in by the members - in some cases they may be appointed by the agreement of the existing board until such time as an election is due for that appointment to be ratified (eg if someone leaves - I was asked to replace Kerry Sibraa and Cliff Lyons was asked to replace Tooves both of who resigned from the FC board due other commitments- these appointments were then verified by a vote at the members AGM in 2009)

It has been a contractual agreement and part of the condition of sale/purchase when the club went in to private onwership as to what voting rights each of the owners would have. - There was no secrets, no surprises and each party went in to the agreement with full understanding.

So there is one board (MWSE) that is made up of representatives of each owner of the club - fair, reasonable and equitable (no matter what others may think)

There was a sub committee of 3 people from the MWSE board tasked with the renegotiation of the contract for Des.

I wasn't on that committee and wouldn't expect to have been given the full details of his contract discussions -I was (as others were) told that "things were on track" and that is all I really needed to know.

It would be poor form and bad business practise for each member of each board of the 4 owners to be getting the full details of every aspect of the negotiations? (That's how things get leaked to the press or rival employers....)

How many of you guys know the full salary and conditions of your boss or senior members of staff in your company?

It is fair to say that it was my understanding (and everyone concerned) that Des did not indicate at any stage that he was speaking to other interested parties (in fact the opposite) - hence the surprise when the rumours started and especially when Des made the announcement that he had signed a deal with the Dogs - The ultimate "under the radar" from Des if you like?

Andrew, I'm just going to hop downstairs and start making dinner for the family - not easy as I'm on one leg at present so can you hold with any more questions? (Although you do seem to have all the answers so I'm not surprised you haven't called me?)

Mind you, maybe I'll just have a look at Dean Ritchies blog when we've eaten to see what he's told you to help you back up your claims and promote the conspiracy and divide later?

Hi Vid,

When i have been on a board (or equivalent) I have been privy to the senior management teams salary etc. To be fair it has not been on such a "public" company as MWSE. I would argue that is how i was able to make an informed decision on certain issues

As for the elections (this will show me up as a non member! soon to be resolved!) are the rep's elected each year?

Cheers

lsz

So just to summarise Vidmar's sonorious prose above, in answer to the question, how did he come to the board, "he was appointed by existing members (Reilly and company) as a vacancy arose". Presumably the same applies to Jonesy.

This is FC democracy.

If it's in the FC constitution and the positions are ratified then there is nothing wrong with it imo. You can always move to have the constitution changed.

I would have thought that's how all casual vacancies are filled on all boards to serve until an AGM. I don't see how that impinges on a democratic ideal.

Can anyone please tell me how many members actually vote in the elections?, and does the Constitution allow a team to run on a ticket or must they be individuals?
The only reason I ask is that at my local RSL which has 20000 members we only get about 600 members casting their vote. We have 9 directors and if you can raise a 100 votes you get on and you don't have to have any qualifications.

The thing is, we deserve to be angry and we deserve to be asking questions. Some of you are saying don't listen to Dean Ritchie, and believe me I understand that view because the media just want a story. But the problem is, who else do we listen to? This is all the information that we get. Des said he left for bigger reasons than money, and we want to know who is at fault for us losing a previously loyal Manly man and the best coach in the game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8