Extraordinary General Meeting of MWDRLFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele said:
It is human nature to find a comfort zone and then try our hardest to stay in that zone. We feel safe, secure, and in control in our comfort zone. Sometimes, however, we try so hard to stay in the zone that we exert more energy than it would take to change. So why not change? Change is difficult and necessitates giving up power.
Why change a winning culture ,3 grand finals and 2 wins in 5 years .The best record in the NRL. A smart man used to say when you are on a good thing stick to it and not stick it up him like our brainless board did to Hasler . The right change now is to change the incompetent and faceless board members who are not seen or heard .:mad::mad::mad:

Corso_Pete said:
Just my 2 cents worth on this subject. I will start by saying that I am shattered with the news that we have lost Des and I think more importantly we will also lose Des’ support staff. I have no doubts that Des’ staff have far more importance to the success of our side over the past few years than that what they have been given credit for and I simply cannot imagine that deal that Des has done will not include all of his key support staff.

We have essentially only had one side of the argument here, why did the board not sign Des back in May?, why did they (apparently ) request KPI’s?. The board where quick to get an email out to members a couple of weeks ago assuring us they all was well with Des and that he would be resigned, the time is right now for another email to tell us the full story as to why we he has now gone.

Whatever our feelings are about the current board are at the moment I just do not believe that they are as incompetent as what they appear to be, maybe they are but I would like to hear their version of events before I can cast my vote in the next elections.

Of course the FC and Lc mob will have covered their tracks, pointing to such letters etc as proof of their support for Des. What won't be revealed is their obtuse interference in day-to-day operations, their toxic whispering and politicking and the infernal pain in the backside they have been, all without the platform of a substantive financial contribution to the entity they critique.

They will be found guilty of putting FC and LC interests ahead of the greater good of the entire entity, and the most positive proof of this is Hasler agreeing to go to a club he has no kith and kin with, and for less money.

BOZO said:
Matabele said:
It is human nature to find a comfort zone and then try our hardest to stay in that zone. We feel safe, secure, and in control in our comfort zone. Sometimes, however, we try so hard to stay in the zone that we exert more energy than it would take to change. So why not change? Change is difficult and necessitates giving up power.
Why change a winning culture ,3 grand finals and 2 wins in 5 years .The best record in the NRL. A smart man used to say when you are on a good thing stick to it and not stick it up him like our brainless board did to Hasler . The right change now is to change the incompetent and faceless board members who are not seen or heard .:mad::mad::mad:

This comment was directed at the stick-in-the-muds of the Board who have obstructed the change of the Halser regime for the best part of 5 years.

It seems to me that Des decided to leave for whatever reasons the posters on this site seem to think at any given time. Maybe he feels he's squeezed the lemon or will squeeze it in 2012? who knows, apart from him and he's not telling. There's hints of course, innuendos, rumors and other crap around in the media, and on here. The board seem the logical fall guys and gals, but maybe not. I think everyone needs to lie down and relax before calling for emergency this and emergency that. From what Choc says, and I have no reason to doubt him, everthing's fine with the playing group, so my advice is to just sit back and wait. Stuff will happen without the Henny Penny's squarking on this site.

I've seen a copy of the published minutes from a MWSE board meeting from April this year stating a unanimous vote to extend Des's contract - there was no split. - FACT

Zorba and Bozo are both life members of the FC and Zorba is currently on the Leagues Club board – FACT

Would they be complicit or accept any interference or delay by those entities or representatives to an extension if there was any chance that it was an issue? (They are both in regular contact with Des so you'd think he would have spoken to them if there was a problem?) – Why have they only gone public after the fact?

Neither Bob Reilly nor Melinda Gainsford Taylor were involved in the renegotiation of the contract extension for Des – FACT

So, I’m not sure how they are attracting blame? (as said the MWSE board voted unanimously for an extension?)

“The Truth” – I’m not sure who you are or if we have met but there will be a meeting of the Football Club board this week (probably Wednesday) – I’m happy for you contact me prior via PM initially so we can swap details and then happy to discuss the situation (with FACTS – not media or forum hysteria) – or I can take your questions or present your concerns during that meeting and get back to you if you would like?

Corso – please stay tuned as there will be a chance for members to have a say and get some feedback shortly but we’ll be in a better position to advise on that in the coming days?

The constitution of the FC states that to vote you need to have been member for a continuous period of 3 years prior.

Two Questions Vid

1) When did it Change from 12 months to 3 years
2) I have a copy on the consitiution you sent me in 2009 would you be able to email me a copy the most common one or direct me to where i can access it as I may be wrong but I was under the impression all football club members can have access to it.

Cheers
cam

Cambo said:
Two Questions Vid

2) I have a copy on the consitiution you sent me in 2009 would you be able to email me a copy the most common one or direct me to where i can access it as I may be wrong but I was under the impression all football club members can have access to it.

Cheers
cam

I think a more pertinent question would be "Why did it change to 3 years?"

Daniel said:
Cambo said:
Two Questions Vid

Cheers
cam

My guess is that it was put in place to prevent people joining purely to vote at the next election. If 5000 souths fans signed up for manly fc membership, they could effectively change the constitution and vote for manly to play all it's games in the back of Bourke and to play in pink tops with rainbow coloured shorts.

Daniel said:
Cambo said:
Two Questions Vid

Cheers
cam

I can answer that: to stop the stacking of votes by a faction. 3 years is a nice little window to stop this from occurring. 12 months was enough time to buy up 1 year memberships, then vote out a board 12 months later. This had to be rectified and I 100% agree with it.

Vid, can you confirm for me whether I hit 3 years in January 2012 if I join September 2009? Or do I hit 3 years in September 2012? Everything I have read says I would get a vote in January but I'm not sure.

WAMF said:
Daniel said:
Cambo said:
Two Questions Vid

Cheers
cam

My guess is that it was put in place to prevent people joining purely to vote at the next election. If 5000 souths fans signed up for manly fc membership, they could effectively change the constitution and vote for manly to play all it's games in the back of Bourke and to play in pink tops with rainbow coloured shorts.

Lets do this to the dogs, it'd be hilarious

How about answering the question as to why Des put the blame purely at feet of Reilly and the football club for him leaving? Surely if the FC was as co operative with the process as you are suggesting Vidmar what is the reason for Des to say this???

Or is it as suggested that the Reilly is good at covering his tracks and say one thing and doing another.

One thing i don't understand about all of this.

If Penn was the one to do the contract negotiations in the last couple of weeks, why didn't he do them a few months ago?

Why is it that Reilly is the one to blame when he seemingly was not the one to do the negotiations in the first place?

Not taking any sides here, i just think it's strange that no one has questioned why Penn didn't act when he had the chance given the board did agree to offer him a contract?

It just doesn't make sense!:huh:

From what i gather Penn was going to Hasler with undesirable contract conditions proposed by the board.

He may well have been trying for months but we wont know unless its spelt out by one of the board members, which lets face it, isn't an ideal situation to be helping our cause at the present time.

fLIP said:
From what i gather Penn was going to Hasler with undesirable contract conditions proposed by the board.

He may well have been trying for months but we wont know unless its spelt out by one of the board members, which lets face it, isn't an ideal situation to be helping our cause at the present time.
That's bull**** flip

Lots doesn't make sense. I thought it curious that Des' reponse to Bob Reilly's statements re the running of the club is that they hadn't spoken for months.

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a 'he said', 'she said' sort of argument.

fLIP said:

The only undesirable KPIs didn't come from Penn but our illustrious powerbrokers.......

The Wheel said:
How about answering the question as to why Des put the blame purely at feet of Reilly and the football club for him leaving? Surely if the FC was as co operative with the process as you are suggesting Vidmar what is the reason for Des to say this???

Or is it as suggested that the Reilly is good at covering his tracks and say one thing and doing another.

I think they will find it very difficult to spin out of a direct question like this. Pointing to minutes as FACT is one thing. Answering a question like this an entirely different matter. Zorba's book is gathering chapters by the week, and I wonder how many lackeys will be standing by Reilly when it comes out?

The Wheel said:
fLIP said:

The only undesirable KPIs didn't come from Penn but our illustrious powerbrokers.......

"undesirable contract conditions proposed by the board."

no names named, i doubt very much it was penn.

fLIP said:
The Wheel said:
fLIP said:

"undesirable contract conditions proposed by the board."

no names named, i doubt very much it was penn.

Particularly when you consider who holds the board majority.....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6