exert from ME

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Eagle Luke posted this.

It shows the difference between the live and video feelings having done both.

"After watching the game again today on Fox Sports i realised Manly's effort was a lot better than i thought.I actually drove from Coffs Harbour with my son and a couple of other mates to watch the game.I hav'nt watched too many games live so it was an experience for me and my son .Whilst watching the match i thought Manly were being outmuscled and just did'nt aim up but having watched the replay the intensity was there from the start and in fact with 26 minutes gone the score was still 10-0 despite only having 30% of the ball.The turning point of the game was when Hicks was unfairly penalised for an incorrect play the ball.I think Manly were just clawing their way back ino the game but Brisbane scored and the momentum shifted.Things could have been a lot different had Manly got down the other end and scored ."

Just proves we will have to agree that it was a completely different game between live and tv

that was my impression too. that hicks penalty got their heads down and put the match in the broncos hands

Fluff, it seems that a lot of the discussion today relates to different impressions from both live and taped viewing. Both are needed - maybe along with stats.

I think we need to be careful using posts from other forums, without permission, along the lines of intellectual ownership. Eagle Luke may have no problem with the post being here but this aspect of internet ettiquette should be respected. I am sure this is no big problem - the coments are good.

Best to ask - otherwise put the link in the page or just quote the ideas without the main post!

Thats why i referenced it CW.

I think that should be fine.

Youve hit the nail on the head with the reason i posted it.

its an excerpt, not an entire post and its referenced, therefore legal

Well I was there and I didn't really think we were geting back into the game at any stage in the first half. I think we actually did well to hang onto the 10 - 0 scoreline as long as we did but it was only a matter of time befire the weight of Brisbane possesion killed us.

The Hicks penalty (which I might add was a disgraceful decision) was just one of many little things that went against us. You can also add dropped ball, poor kicking and missed tackles to the list. To be honest I doubt that was the turning point, my turning point was when Steppa dropped the ball in space after approx 10 mins and Smith scored of the next set of tackles. When managed to hold them until then and if he held onto the pill we would hvae been attacking their line. It was all one way traffic after that.

is it so hard to admit we wre beaten by a far better side on the night.we tried
hard,defended well most of the time but were totally outclassed on THAT PARTICULAR NIGHT -we were never a chance.we conveniently forget lockyer barely kicked a goal and berrigan,tate and carroll didnt play .credit where credit is due.the broncos are a very fine football team.it may very well be different at brookie.we should look forward to ambushing them at home like we usually do and stop pretending we were in fridays game.

absolutly - i cant wait until the shoe is on the other foot and they have to travel down to the fortress and suffer 20,000 screaming manly fans

Eagle Luke posted this.

It shows the difference between the live and video feelings having done both.

\"After watching the game again today on Fox Sports i realised Manly's effort was a lot better than i thought.I actually drove from Coffs Harbour with my son and a couple of other mates to watch the game.I hav'nt watched too many games live so it was an experience for me and my son .Whilst watching the match i thought Manly were being outmuscled and just did'nt aim up but having watched the replay the intensity was there from the start and in fact with 26 minutes gone the score was still 10-0 despite only having 30% of the ball.The turning point of the game was when Hicks was unfairly penalised for an incorrect play the ball.I think Manly were just clawing their way back ino the game but Brisbane scored and the momentum shifted.Things could have been a lot different had Manly got down the other end and scored .\"

Just proves we will have to agree that it was a completely different game between live and tv
That was absolutely my impression at the game. CW will attest that I said at the 22 minute mark that we'd done well to hold them to 10 points and that if we could get a score and some possession we were still in with a chance.

The penalty against Hicks was like a break in a dam wall. We were struggling to hold out, water was leaking from everywhere and the penalty allowed them to score and the water began to stream through.

However, the edifice completely crumbled when Stewart and Donald both made shocking errors fielding kicks. The referee did not make them do this and they should be held accountable for it.

That being said, the heroics of the early part were no thanks to King. He was disgraceful in the first ten minutes, completely lacked impact, and then skulked off to the sheds at the first excuse and left his mates in the lurch.

Fluffy, I'm beginning to think you are championing the cause of King because you enjoy picking a fight. No-one could possibly think his game was acceptable on Friday, nor that he deserves a spot in the City side.

So stop your nonsense please. We all have better things to do than to debate the obvious.

I dont think he deserves his spot but i certainly dont think he was piss poor as you put it - and im not the only one (you just aim it at me because Sue does it seems). None of the props went anywhere early- you reakon Hecks came on and ate up the metres - all 38 of them, no chance he was better than king but i dont see you posting Hecks was piss poor.

You were picking on him because you dont like him - fact is he did no worse than the rest and he is still recovering from an injury - things you seem unable to comprehend.

And for you to whinge about picking a fights a bit rich - half the stuff you write is aimed at getting a reaction or picking a fight as you put it.

Yeah, it's time to give Cleal a run & see if we can get Craig Field involved with the club again in some form. These would surely be well supported plans. :) :)

At least my material is based on fact rather than some imagined fiction.

The other 3 props took the field on Friday night with some form this season. Kite and Hecks in particular have been outstanding. Whereas King has contributed NOTHING to our campaign in 2005. And when the whips were cracking at least Kite was out there having a go, despite injury and Hecks had to step into the cauldron vacated by King.

King meantime sooks in the Dressing Sheds and comes out right at the end for a 15 minute cameo at the end against a side that has put the cue in the rack for the night - purely an effort to boost his stats and somehow garner a rep spot because Gould has written a few nice things about him and the city selectors are brow beaten into rewarding his "superior stats".

Get some context, please!!!

Cleal is not ready yet!, no way no how. Give him the rest of the yar in PL and next year he will be ready

Sorry Dan, just being sarcastic.

I'm not wanting to take sides in the King debate, I see his potential but don't think he's had the opportunity to fully display it.
The thing that I feel is being left out of the discussion is that he is just plain unlucky. It isn't his fault & I'm sure he is more frustrated with circumstances than the rest of us combined.
Getting selected for City is the first bit of luck he's ever had in his playing career, maybe that is a sign of things to come.
Let's hope so.

Cuthbo is improving and might go ok for a game - could be good for his experience - give him things to work on when back in PL

I just watched the first ten minutes again, and no way was King piss poor as has been sprouted on here quite a few times. Quite the opposite actually. Two solid hit-ups in the first set of six. Then after his injury scare he puts his body on the line and smashed Webcke. No way was King piss poor in the first ten imo. If you disagree, have a watch again. It may have been different live, but on my computer, which is pretty slow, he looked good for the first ten.

I don't really think you are being fair on King's involvement mata. If I remember correctly he took the 1st and 3rd hitups of the match,and then went in for a decent hit on Civinoceva,so to suggest he was shirking may be taking your dislike a bit too far

He made the 2nd and 4th hit ups in the first set, 2nd and 3rd tackles, then the second hit up of the 2nd set, then the 3rd tackle on petrol - got injured and was on the opposite side to the try by smith. Then crunched webke made the 2nd tackles and 5th tackle of that set. - 3 tackles following the injury including 1 big hit. Still out there, whilst steppa stopped thorn from 2m out one on one - next play king smashed seymour. Then went off., 6 minutes after getting injured.

Gone missing - piss poor - you guys are tough markers really.

He was one of our best early.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4