Exemptions granted for roster deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
32 Origin games for QLD
9 Tests for Australia
234 NRL Games

Nate had a great career; if you want to blame anyone for his performance at Manly, blame our club who signed him in the late twighlight of this great career.

Before his was sent packing to Melbourne he was doing a lot better than the likes of Lussick. Criticism of him on here has always been way over the top.
Nate, is that you?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
32 Origin games for QLD
9 Tests for Australia
234 NRL Games

Nate had a great career; if you want to blame anyone for his performance at Manly, blame our club who signed him in the late twighlight of this great career.

Before his was sent packing to Melbourne he was doing a lot better than the likes of Lussick. Criticism of him on here has always been way over the top.

Now there’s a Queenslander for you!!

Agree a stellar career.
Agree the club should never have signed him for 3 years.
But still dirty if he has retired that we are still paying him!

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I highly doubt we would still be paying this guy anything

Hated Myles before we got him, but he served his purpose for us and was worth his while when you consider the general consensus was he was a big part in DCE staying in Manly colours

He was never brought here to be a 130mpg front rower for us, and that's what most people seem to judge him on.
I was a bit surprised last year when we let him go, because for the half of the season when he was here, our defence was always a lot tighter when he was on the park, and he put in a few big hits causing turnovers as well. After he left us the points certainly flowed against us a lot more through the middle of the field

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I wonder if this has anything to do with back ended contracts? Where the contract lodged stated he was going to get a certain $ in 2018 and was therefore paid under in previous years

Would make sense otherwise you could sign any player at the end of their career offer them mothing in the first year and then have them retire etc

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Maybe we called him "a loss" and tried to recoup some of his ridiculous 500k a year contract. I don't know anything mate, just putting things together and extrapolating.

I would hardly call conning the Storm into paying part of his contract "doing them a favour".@:)
Well it sort of his if we're still paying his contract 2018 and onwards.

TimmyQ

Bencher
32 Origin games for QLD
9 Tests for Australia
234 NRL Games

Respectfully disagree - at best he provided solid defence in the middle. And by solid, he didn't miss many but there was nil aggression, disinterested body language and no leadership shown out there. Plus he had zero penetration in attack, just ambling to the line and getting bent backwards all the time. HUGELY disappointing all round.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Respectfully disagree - at best he provided solid defence in the middle. And by solid, he didn't miss many but there was nil aggression, disinterested body language and no leadership shown out there. Plus he had zero penetration in attack, just ambling to the line and getting bent backwards all the time. HUGELY disappointing all round.
Nate admitted he was terrible for us.

double hoops

First Grader
Half a mill to do nothing. FarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrK

HoldenV8

Journey Man
32 Origin games for QLD
9 Tests for Australia
234 NRL Games

Other than his 3 games a year for Qld (and the quality of those dropped in his last 2-3 years with them), Myles didn't play a decent first grade game in his last 7 seasons of NRL. He got by on his Origin reputation, helped because while Qld have had great halves and backs over the past dozen years, they have had little wiggle room in the forwards and players like Myles became mainstays regardless of their club form. Qld calls it loyalty, I call it having a much smaller talent pool forcing them to pick the same players over and over. While it has worked out well for them, if they had roughly the same amount of Qld players in the NRL to choose from that NSW does.....I doubt they would be as loyal as they claim.

The only fans who were happy that he'd signed with Manly were Titans fans.

IIRC we said it here in these forums when he signed. Signing a 30 year old front rower in decline for 3 years at half a million a year was going to come back and bite us on the ar$e at some point. And low and behold.......bingo.

Last edited:
Greenturd only gave us the roster deadline exemption so he can take as long as he likes to hand down the investigation result.
He does not want it to interfere with the start of the season so it will be very soon or a couple of weeks. Maybe he will see how we go for a few weeks before deciding our fate. Wouldn't surprise me the pr##k!

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Other than his 3 games a year for Qld (and the quality of those dropped in his last 2-3 years with them), Myles didn't play a decent first grade game in his last 7 seasons of NRL. He got by on his Origin reputation, helped because while Qld have had great halves and backs over the past dozen years, they have had little wiggle room in the forwards and players like Myles became mainstays regardless of their club form. Qld calls it loyalty, I call it having a much smaller talent pool forcing them to pick the same players over and over. While it has worked out well for them, if they had roughly the same amount of Qld players in the NRL to choose from that NSW does.....I doubt they would be as loyal as they claim.

The only fans who were happy that he'd signed with Manly were Titans fans.

IIRC we said it here in these forums when he signed. Signing a 30 year old front rower in decline for 3 years at half a million a year was going to come back and bite us on the ar$e at some point. And low and behold.......bingo.

What absolute dribble.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Firstly think he is still being (part paid) by Manly.
The fact of him as a player.
Very good at his peak at the Dogs.
Solid at Roosters.
Slid considerably at the Titans and further still - at Manly.
He was very poor carrying the ball, but most of his defence up the middle, was very good....which showed 2 things-
He was still trying.
His “used by” date had expired.
The best outcome was to move him on and when you get a player to Melbourne where The structures are simple for this style of player to get it done and he is sent packing - the writing of “end game” is confirmed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18