Ex-player Profile - Russell Gartner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
http://www.alternateeagles.com/addins/content/content.php?content.197

Chip & Chase requested a profile on Frogs eyes Gartner, follow the link - enjoy.

I will try and get on done soon for some of Tookey's heros.

Thanks Wheel, sensational. The memories came flooding back (especially the 78 GF win), as I said before he was my all time favourite when I was a kid. He had the best full pace "swerve" of any centre I can remember. If only we could wind back the clock and get him out there now.

Thanks Wheel.

If you are looking for names to write about go to the 1st grade player list on ME website.

There are some great names on there to bring back memories - Adam Brown, Steve Cray, Dragan Durdevic, Adam hayden, Richard Kairouz, Danny Mamo, John Ribot, Corey underwood (I think this one played cricket for England as well), Phil Sigsworth, Craig Field, Les Hanigan.

Actually my favourite all time players would be Barry Reidy (the new Des hasler) & Michael Peachey (the next Mal Meninga) but as they played very little first grade my efforts might be wasted.

I may actually do one on former Norths legends like Doug Rollinson & dare Kovare for any old bears supporters who frequent the site.

And don't forget Larry kelly, Gary Munday, Freddy Teasdell and the gale and Mayoh brothers.

You could also fill in a page of the past rumours about Bobby "the bear" saunders. What is Manly doing employing this bloke? he was hopeless at norths and I can't imagine he has improved.

The way manly played in the last 12 weeks reminded me so much of the bears of old. Especially the games against souths and cronulla. Sensational efforts.

I can also just picture Witt, Monaghan, duck, randall and king in red and black jerseys. That is how bad those guys are.

At least this is a better site than ME which lately has been about 90% full of absolute crap.

There also hasn't been much on the bears site for quite a while now. Its just full of dinasours who can't accept that norths will never be back in the competition. That and talk about premier league which is boring.

There are a couple of interesting things on the website this week. The bulldogs have signed 3 of Norths premier league backs for next year.

Apparantly they see a lot of potential in them and they were also sought after by the storm. Also Norths have signed Michael pobje as their jersey flegg coach. Hopefully they won't get him to complete any renovations around the club as he and his brother have just been banned from being builders for many years.

Just for you Tookey I have just put up a profile on Neville Elwin - struggle for content though he only played 1 game!

And don't forget Larry kelly, Gary Munday, Freddy Teasdell and the gale and Mayoh brothers.

You could also fill in a page of the past rumours about Bobby \"the bear\" saunders. What is Manly doing employing this bloke? he was hopeless at norths and I can't imagine he has improved.

At least this is a better site than ME which lately has been about 90% full of absolute crap.

Another Tookey

1/ Some great names there but what about the French Brothers & Fred Au Koi
2/ Please share some of those rumours but I agree
3/ ME is like the footy side took a massive downhill slide towards the end of the season.

As yes Neville Elwin. Could have been a legend if only he could play.

I can't undestand why norths didn't sign him up? He would have fitted in perfectly in their backline of 1985.

Yes the French brothers. Great momories. Brett was slightly worse than Ian. Unfortunately both were crap though.

The one thing that i do miss is the local derby twice a year against norths. Some of those games were the best games ever and had feeling and passion that is really lacking today with manly.

I reckon that manly season's would have improved if Norths were still in the comp. As soon as they played agsinst norths (an easy win) it would have woken them out of the mid season slumber.

Imagine the clash of king vs Mayoh. Who would be worse.

I will send you an e-mail about Saunders because I don't trust certain people who spy on this site.

Wheel

Good to see the Sun herald reads this website for its info.

As jack Gibson always said - premierships are won in the front office. As you indicated manly need to make some changes with their staff and a start would be to send BS back to NSO ASAP.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4