Ex Manly player Horo drug bust

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher

Former NRL star Justin Horo charged with cocaine possession at Double Bay’s Golden Sheaf

An eagle-eyed police officer allegedly caught a former NRL star with cocaine after the officer noticed the way he was lining up to use the toilets at the Golden Sheaf Hotel in Sydney’s east.

Brenden HillsCourt Reporter

An eagle-eyed police officer allegedly caught a former NRL star with cocaine after the officer noticed the way he was lining up to use the toilets at the Golden Sheaf Hotel in Sydney’s east.
The 34-year-old, who starred in Manly’s 2013 season where they made the Grand Final, was charged with drug possession on a night out on March 20 after police allegedly found him carrying a small amount of cocaine.
When the matter goes to court, police will allege Horo was spotted in Double Bay’s Golden Sheaf Hotel just before midnight holding a rolled up $100 note while he was lining up for the toilets.
Horo pushes through a Roosters tackle during the 2013 NRL Grand Final. Pic: (AAP Image/Dean Lewins)

A police officer performing a patrol of the pub was immediately suspicious as to why Horo was holding the note in such a manner.
The officer and asked the retired NRL star to empty his pockets.
Police will allege Horo was holding a bag containing a small amount of cocaine and a rolled up $20 note.
Just after midnight he was charged with one count of drug possession.
He was issued with a future court attendance notice to appear in the Downing Centre Local Court on April.
The Sunday Telegraph contacted Horo via social media to ask if he intended to enter a plea to the charge, but he did not respond.
Horo was a junior star for the Wentworthville Magpies. Pic: Gregg Porteous

Horo retired from professional rugby league in 2019 after nine seasons in first grade.
He played 52 games for the Parramatta Eels between 2010 and 2012 as a highly touted rookie.

In 2013, he defected to Manly for the first of three seasons where he had a breakout year.
The team made the Grand Final after a famous against the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the qualifying match before losing to the Sydney Roosters.

There was always talk of a drug culture back then at the club as with other clubs, I guess drugs are more common these days to when I grew up.
The government hasn't helped by trying to tax people out of drinking, $10 a beer or cheap chemical fix instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
What? Someone using an illlegal drug?
I'm going to report this to the tobacco industry immediately.
And to the giant alcohol corporations.
Also the Pharmaceutical industry, come to think of it. For Pete's sake how are these honest companies meant to make mega profits while there's people still amusing themselves with unauthorised substances.
Tsk tsk.

Oh dear they really screwed that report up didn’t they, it’s ok to mention his time at Manly but shock horror they broke the golden rule and mentioned he used to play for parra

It's apparently rife on the northern beaches.

Thursday night I was at the Narrabeen Sands watching the game, went to the toilet & a young bloke came stumbling out of the end cubicle with his wallet out, putting his credit card away.

I went in & used the same cubicle & there were flecks of white powder on top of the toilet roll dispenser.

A couple of weeks back I was at Pittwater RSL, went to the loo & some idiot was talking sh*t from one cubicle to a bloke in the next one. The security guard came in & put his finger to his lips indicating to me to be quiet & when the guy talking sh*t came out of the cubicle sniffing & rubbing his nose & saw the security guard he gave himself up "ya got me" & "I'll leave right now, sorry" LOL.

Former NRL star Justin Horo charged with cocaine possession at Double Bay’s Golden Sheaf​

Brenden HillsCourt Reporter

The 34-year-old, who starred in Manly’s 2013 season where they made the Grand Final, was charged with drug possession on a night out on March 20 after police allegedly found him carrying a small amount of cocaine.
When the matter goes to court, police will allege Horo was spotted in Double Bay’s Golden Sheaf Hotel just before midnight holding a rolled up $100 note while he was lining up for the toilets.
Horo pushes through a Roosters tackle during the 2013 NRL Grand Final. Pic: (AAP Image/Dean Lewins)

A police officer performing a patrol of the pub was immediately suspicious as to why Horo was holding the note in such a manner.
The officer and asked the retired NRL star to empty his pockets.
Police will allege Horo was holding a bag containing a small amount of cocaine and a rolled up $20 note.
Just after midnight he was charged with one count of drug possession.
He was issued with a future court attendance notice to appear in the Downing Centre Local Court on April.
The Sunday Telegraph contacted Horo via social media to ask if he intended to enter a plea to the charge, but he did not respond.
Horo was a junior star for the Wentworthville Magpies. Pic: Gregg Porteous

Horo retired from professional rugby league in 2019 after nine seasons in first grade.
He played 52 games for the Parramatta Eels between 2010 and 2012 as a highly touted rookie.

In 2013, he defected to Manly for the first of three seasons where he had a breakout year.
The team made the Grand Final after a famous against the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the qualifying match before losing to the Sydney Roosters.

There was always talk of a drug culture back then at the club as with other clubs, I guess drugs are more common these days to when I grew up.
The government hasn't helped by trying to tax people out of drinking, $10 a beer or cheap chemical fix instead.
Question is who uses a $100 note for this? Surely you use the $5 ;)

Why doesn't it say Ex Roosters junior rep player who then played for Parramatta. F#ck I hate the media
Probably because he played more games for Manly than anyone else and that’s easier than printing his whole CV.As you may realise,Manly are not the heaviest supported team,so it’s no benefit to the media “picking on” them.They’re likely to sell more papers and get more clicks if they say former Parra player.Every clubs fans think the media and the NRL pick on their team

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8