Ex-AFB Wish List

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Now AFB is out we have some free cash. We probably have some free cash from players leaving too. Although this sucks and IMO he’s our best forward, I guess we can view this as an opportunity to ‘balance ths squad’. Considering we’ve only been good in the middle and with Tom and DCE in the backs, surely we strengthen our edges?

Centre signing: Kotoni Staggs. Wants out of Broncos, Sydney is closer to home in Wellington, is a freak and would solve our much needed goal kicking issues that have persisted for years. 500-600k value for sure. Let Walker go.

Second Row signing: ? Anyone of note? Magoulias, Ray Stone would be good cheap signings. Any guns out there?

We have great young props in: Paseka, Keppie, Fainu, Saddler, Titmuss. Let them have a go with Marty.

EDIT: Centre and Hooker
Nathaniel Roache from Warriors would be perfect. Trade him for AFB, that way we have a Hooker and when Fainu is back Roache can also play in the middle.

Don't think we'll come out of any trade in the black in terms of value for money. In terms of playing ability I think Haas, Klemmer or Fotuaika would be equal replacements, but obviously zero chance of that. Better off spending money on a genuine option at hooker in Grant or Smith so next year isn't a write off too. Fainu is great but Manly can't wait around with hands in pockets indefinitely.

Nathaniel Roache from Warriors would be perfect. Trade him for AFB, that way we have a Hooker and when Fainu is back Roache can also play in the middle.

That's a lot riding on Fainu being found innocent, and to be honest when the case goes to trial there's no guarantee that it will even be finished by the start of the 2022 season.

Player compensation, like for like from out of Sydney clubs

Newcastle; Klemmer, Saifiti brothers
Raiders; Papalii (my gut feeling is this is where AFB ends up)
Broncos; TPJ, Haas, Ofahangaue
Titans; none
Cowboys; Taumalolo, McLean
Storm; (makes me sick thinking about it if AFB becomes a Storm player) NAS

I think Roache is injury prone isn’t he? Jazz Tevaga might be the better option out of those 2

Big big loss. We could think about moving Jake to prop and making a play for John Asiata to play the ball playing lock. Or Schuster 13 and and Jake in the middle.

If afb is warriors bound and we are doing the whole swapsies things, Ben Murdoch Masila is who we should target. I really rate him. With our luck we'll probably get adam blaire though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4