Enough of the bull****!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slide said:
As a father of 3 boys, I feel your pain (minus the legal issues...so far). Silvertails to me is like pub talk. I read a lot, occasionally chime in but I'm grateful to have a connection with fellow MWSE supporters.

Sometimes things get out of hand and someone has to have the authority to toss a poster out (temporarily). No questions asked. Maybe you could introduce a tribunal fee (say $50?) to appeal your own ban which could justify the hassle for mods to bring it up; no fee no review. If you wanna go in to bat for a mate who is banned, make the fee $200 or more. Half the fee is refunded if the ban is overturned. Any other result means Silvertails keeps the cash & stays open for another day.

Double demerits for the off-season as well??

Maybe it's overkill but anything that eases the load on the mods and especially the owner is worth considering.

I actually don't mind that idea

Slide said:
As a father of 3 boys, I feel your pain (minus the legal issues...so far). Silvertails to me is like pub talk. I read a lot, occasionally chime in but I'm grateful to have a connection with fellow MWSE supporters.

Sometimes things get out of hand and someone has to have the authority to toss a poster out (temporarily). No questions asked. Maybe you could introduce a tribunal fee (say $50?) to appeal your own ban which could justify the hassle for mods to bring it up; no fee no review. If you wanna go in to bat for a mate who is banned, make the fee $200 or more. Half the fee is refunded if the ban is overturned. Any other result means Silvertails keeps the cash & stays open for another day.

Double demerits for the off-season as well??

Maybe it's overkill but anything that eases the load on the mods and especially the owner is worth considering.

Sounds like you're giving the admins an incentive to ban, which could ultimately be abused.

Sounds like you're giving the admins an incentive to ban, which could ultimately be abused.
[/quote]

Yes, that's the danger but to use my pub analogy if I don't like the management of the pub I'll stop going there or if I like the company more than I like the management I'll still go & risk being unfairly ejected but be on my best behaviour. The worst risk of being unfairly ejected is I don't get back half of my $50 when they overturn it at review. I never said it was a perfect idea, just one that would ease the workload and stress on the guy/s who give/s time and money freely for our benefit.

"Winter and Hewes Slush fund". I like the sound of that ! I thought this off season was gonna be sweet. I admitted to liking Tooves as much as I fought it. I LOVE our roster. I love our last season. There is hope for next season. I renewed my Gold Season Ticket !

Come on guys !

Actually, I get it....now that I'm towing the line, the common enemy has gone, and everyone turns on each other.

Seriously? Lawyers? I understand for something like, say, the Stewart Case, or an article that has been copied but not cited, but for arguments or things being said on a forum? That's low and shows some people have way too much time and money on their hands.

People here need to realise that Dan does this for free. The mods do this for free. Show them the respect they deserve. Otherwise we will lose this site for good.

Been lurking (reading only and mostly to see club related news) and lol'd at this

If not for favourites and buddies this would never have happened,if you aren't one of the "cool" kids your time will be very limited and you'll probably be an outcast

People get vilified all the time on here and peoples perception can be they are being vilified by the people who swing the gavel

Poor grammar,swearing,not being brought up with silver spoons and all that jazz,without all of that being perfect i'd say your gunna have a bad time (Thats called quoting pop culture,yes I'm looking at you Fro i know gunna isn't a real word!!!)

This mess was an inevitability which could have been nipped in the butt much sooner if there was no such things as giving some people far more latitude than others but that's part of human nature isn't it? Giving friends latitude whilst having the hammer in hand for strangers

As for this account I'm not fussed if it gets re-banned or whatever as i have better things to do with my life than be hated for not running in the same sorts of groups as others on here

I'm not one to take sides but i will offer my advice,if plebs are to be ruled over with an iron fist then so should people in a position of power,i feel as if those people with power to rule are allowed to be more insulting and even personal at times,but like i said I'm not here to take sides i'm just dropping off advice and my feelings on the matter from my own personal experience on this site which i may have just perceived wrong with no ill will felt

I've always been socially awkward so my perception may be way off and being an only child (yes go ahead,expect me to be typical and selfish) i can be poor with judgements on what people think as i wasn't able to learn the social skills like all the normal people in the world as i had nobody to learn with

I couldn't give 2 ****s who was banned for what reason,i haven't even went looking for the tripe as most of the news and tips i find here i can get the same ones from the telegraph the same day,just read and probably delete my advice or whatever,good luck though because if this is happening frequently it's probably not going to stop without swift and just actions taken against deserving parties

The_Eagle_064 said:
Been lurking (reading only and mostly to see club related news) and lol'd at this

If not for favourites and buddies this would never have happened,if you aren't one of the "cool" kids your time will be very limited and you'll probably be an outcast

People get vilified all the time on here and peoples perception can be they are being vilified by the people who swing the gavel

Poor grammar,swearing,not being brought up with silver spoons and all that jazz,without all of that being perfect i'd say your gunna have a bad time (Thats called quoting pop culture,yes I'm looking at you Fro i know gunna isn't a real word!!!)

This mess was an inevitability which could have been nipped in the butt much sooner if there was no such things as giving some people far more latitude than others but that's part of human nature isn't it? Giving friends latitude whilst having the hammer in hand for strangers

As for this account I'm not fussed if it gets re-banned or whatever as i have better things to do with my life than be hated for not running in the same sorts of groups as others on here

I'm not one to take sides but i will offer my advice,if plebs are to be ruled over with an iron fist then so should people in a position of power,i feel as if those people with power to rule are allowed to be more insulting and even personal at times,but like i said I'm not here to take sides i'm just dropping off advice and my feelings on the matter from my own personal experience on this site which i may have just perceived wrong with no ill will felt

I've always been socially awkward so my perception may be way off and being an only child (yes go ahead,expect me to be typical and selfish) i can be poor with judgements on what people think as i wasn't able to learn the social skills like all the normal people in the world as i had nobody to learn with

I couldn't give 2 ... who was banned for what reason,i haven't even went looking for the tripe as most of the news and tips i find here i can get the same ones from the telegraph the same day,just read and probably delete my advice or whatever,good luck though because if this is happening frequently it's probably not going to stop without swift and just actions taken against deserving parties

This is ridiculous!

I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. It actually tore the sling that the stork was carrying me in and I slipped and landed in the chimney of a family of parramatta fans!

Fortunately for me I realised early on that being able to spell and appreciate education didn't make me less of a man nor did it threaten the masculinity of my adoptive father. He was happy for me to support Manly and realised that there would always be people who had sad little lives and made **** like this seem a big deal.

Bugger off bone head, I have Barra to catch.

And I recommend toast master for the socially awkward who want to seem articulate.

Otherwise crack a big woody (that's a bourbon reference not a suggested response to my wordsmithery).

I think that this post has had the desired effect now let splay nice at least until the first major controversy of the season, then we can open duck season again

Dan said:
I think that this post has had the desired effect now let splay nice at least until the first major controversy of the season, then we can open duck season again

With respect, I doubt we should dismiss the issue of legal notices so easily. As an administrator of this site I feel that you should have a duty of care to your members, and inform us of the "posting names" of individuals who have previously threatened legal action.

I for one would wish to know prior to posting a robust and vigorous response that I was potentially dealing with an anal retentive adult bed-wetter, and therefore would only express my alternate opinion in a positive, constructive, and nurturing way. :

Alan said:
Dan said:

With respect, I doubt we should dismiss the issue of legal notices so easily. As an administrator of this site I feel that you should have a duty of care to your members, and inform us of the "posting names" of individuals who have previously threatened legal action.

I for one would wish to know prior to posting a robust and vigorous response that I was potentially dealing with an anal retentive adult bed-wetter, and therefore would only express my alternate opinion in a positive, constructive, and nurturing way. :
Lol that's gold

Las Vegas Blvd said:
No Cambo , lol Susan

Hey I got a distinction for Intro to Law last semester does that qualify me as one of Silvertails legal eagles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8