Enough of the bull****!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Righto I have had enough of hearing the collective whining and whinging from everyone.

The moderators have a task to do, they need to stick to http://www.silvertails.net/about/site-information/5144-terms-of-use and http://www.silvertails.net/about/site-information/5605-forum-terms-of-service which you all agree to by signing up to and becoming a member of the website.

A group of users have been going on a non stop campaign because one member was banned for a temporary period, for breaching the rules specifically designed to protect all of us.

So you know I receive legal letters and emails on a fairly regular basis from matters arising on this site. Sometimes they are about harassment between members, sometimes it is about news articles posted and a variety of other things. For the most part its a simple matter of removing posts.

On top of that there are complaint emails and PM's that hit us almost non-stop about member disputes, posts that people dislike and posts that are in forums that they shouldn't be.

Our policy is that we try to deflect rather than delete outright, but at other times we just have to remove posts because things get carried away and people get carried away and forget that this site is here for us to have fun on and enjoy and not get caught up in small petty arguments or ego clashes.

It's a website FFS, one that I put a significant amount of time and money into and the mods put lots of time into as well. To see it denigrate and into these petty squabbles and anti-authority clashes is rather embarrassing and has me wondering if it is worth the money and time I put into it.

So can we just stop all this bull**** between varying people and get on with talking footy because a small few are spoiling it for everyone else and especially the people that prefer to read the site rather than post.

If you don't think you have the capability to be mature about things and just talk footy and not try to control and spoil things for everyone else, then perhaps you need to question whether this site is doing you any good on a personal and mental level?

Dan

Cool, so lets just all drop this crap and not get caught up in so much hub bub and get on with it. Surely we can survive until the 9's kick off?

Re: the title of this thread - from the Terms of Use:

"You agree not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language"

Does this rule not apply to ALL members, including the site owner? If so, it should be observed and enforced... :huh:

Nuttybott said:

Does this rule not apply to ALL members, including the site owner? If so, it should be observed and enforced... :huh:

Really? You are going to play that card?

I won't go our that with a response

This site has been this way for some time, I read but very rarely post because of the constant rubbish, if these same people keep re offending why not a permanent holiday.......it's the only way people like myself will feel we can share our points of view , and there are plenty I know that feel the same way.

Rugby League has always thrived on controversy.
This site thrives on controversy.
I love it when a childish few get precious, wad up their panties and have a go. The entertainment value increases expotentialy.

BOZO said:
SILVERTAILS FORUM IS THE BEST . Lets cut out the crap and enjoy it !!!

STRONGER
logo4.png
TOGETHER

SILVERTAILS MEMBERS

2_thumbs_up1.jpg

Gee go offline for a week and see what happens!!

Fair dinkum all, remember we ALL support Manly ( well sometimes not all) so it should be bloody easy to get along.

And having different opinions is what makes the world go round, so just understand that that's normal !!

It's 2014 now and not long to season kick off and then we can all cheer GO MANLY

Dan said:
Nuttybott said:

I am not playing ANY "card", Dan. I didn't write the site rules. I am simply suggesting that if you expect others to observe those rules, you should also observe them yourself...

Dan does a tremendous job (as do all the mods) unbelieveable that legal matters and loads of whinging gets sent to him. If people would respect each other than Dan's job would be much easier.

Nuttybott before you sink completely into your self-made mire of abject pedantry, you should know mods have defended you staunchly against accusations your username is offensive and/or indecent :D ;)

Nuttybott said:
Dan said:
Nuttybott said:

I am not playing ANY "card", Dan. I didn't write the site rules. I am simply suggesting that if you expect others to observe those rules, you should also observe them yourself...

Should I?
Should I apply all the same rules? Should I make everyone a part of what I have to do to keep this site going?

The swearing rule is more aimed at vilification, we let swearing go 99% of the time, unless it is directed specifically at members, it is to prevent vilification and personal arguments from getting beyond control and things getting personal.

Its sad that some people can't heed the advice I have given here because, really I am tired of all the lack of respect, tit for tat and ridiculous stuff that is going on. I am seriously at the point where I either just start banning people permanently or I just shut the site down.

and as a side note, it is January 3rd here, and I have received my second legal notice of the year. That is what I have to deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8