Embarrassed and sad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Terrorist

Reserve Grader
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/racist-abuse-puts-manly-off-limits-for-pritchards-20130619-2oipd.html

Dear Mrs Pritchard

I'm embarrassed and sad to be a Manly fan reading this story. All clubs have their idiots but that's no excuse. We complain of abuse at other clubs then stoop this low at our own ground. I'd foolishly hoped we're better than that.

There is no excuse. We lost a game. So what? I love the rivalry and passion and talent on show between our clubs. It's what makes me a supporter.

The people who abused you aren't supporters. I hope they are found out and never return to the ground. And I hope one day to see you and your family back at Brookvale, enjoying your win or congratulating us on ours.

And to anyone on this forum who thinks it's funny or supports the abuse, I hope Dan bans you from the site. You don't deserve to call yourselves a Manly supporter.

ET

I've been weighing up whether to post something like this myself ET. While I am not, nor will ever be, embarrassed to be a Manly fan, I am embarrassed that our great club has 'fans' that sink to this level. I'm certainly no anti-racism poster boy, but to fire off a tirade of racial slurs at a woman and her four year old daughter is about as low as it gets. If her husband, or someone of a similar build, were sitting with her, would you have made the comments? I doubt it, as you appear to be cowards who pick your targets. I get that it was a heated atmosphere but that is no excuse. If you can't control your emotions in that environment, avoid putting yourself in that situation.

While I understand Mrs Pritchards decision not to attend functions or games at the Leagues club or Brookvale Oval, I sincerely hope she reconsiders. If she lets where she does, and does not, go be influenced by a small group of strangers, then they have succeeded. The best thing, IMO, that she and her family could do, is to turn up to Brookvale Oval, sit in the same seats, look to see if these idiots are in the same seats (which being in the stands I assume they're season ticket holders so there's a chance they keep the same seats) and say 'I don't care what you've got to say, I have a right to be here'.

I hate the fact that all week I've had defend my club and myself against the actions of few small minded people, when neither I, nor the club, has done anything wrong.

If the morons that were responsible for this read this forum, the only way to earn a back a small amount of respect is to contact the Pritchards with your apology, then accept whatever punishment the club and NRL feel necessary.

Dan said:
You know its letters like that, that you should send in to the Bulldogs for them to pass along

I'm assuming the theme of this thread continues and, if so, I'll pass the link on to a co-worker of mine that has Frank Pritchard as one of his followers on twitter.

Maybe not the thread but at least the posts, its nice to know you are heard and that not all fans should be tarred with the same brush.

My sentiments echo those above. I have been to the footy and had plenty of drinks, sworn too much and offended people by doing so, but I have never I believe over stepped the mark. I got knocked once and spilled my beer which splashed a kid, I was drunk, but mortified, so I went and bought him a Manly hat. Least I could do really.

These days I rarely drink, and I certainly don't want to go to the footy and cop abuse or have to hear that crap going on, I want to watch the footy, chat to my mates and Dad and generally enjoy the atmosphere

I love watching a game (either with mates or at a ground) and having some playful banter, it's what makes sport and rugby league great. It's cheeky and it's fun.

This was not and I'm disgusted also.

You could probably tweet Mrs Pritchard directly, didn't she tweet something about the original incident ??

Anyway I don't think that Manly fans have anything to be embarrassed or ashamed about per se. This is not a Manly fan issue, this is a moronic human being issue. If you are going to be embarrassed, be embarrassed as a member of the human race, don't limit it to being a Manly problem. Unfortunate that it happened at Brookie, but it is by no means a reflection of your average Manly fan's attitude as far as I know, nor is this sort of behaviour condoned or encouraged in any way shape or form at Manly. I think anyone with any semblance of empathy and intelligence would condemn the behaviour of these halfwits.

Chip and Chase said:
You could probably tweet Mrs Pritchard directly, didn't she tweet something about the original incident ??

Anyway I don't think that Manly fans have anything to be embarrassed or ashamed about per se. This is not a Manly fan issue, this is a moronic human being issue. If you are going to be embarrassed, be embarrassed as a member of the human race, don't limit it to being a Manly problem. Unfortunate that it happened at Brookie, but it is by no means a reflection of your average Manly fan's attitude as far as I know, nor is this sort of behaviour condoned or encouraged in any way shape or form at Manly. I think anyone with any semblance of empathy and intelligence would condemn the behaviour of these halfwits.

You make a fair comment C&C. What I also loathe about this is they are probably the same people that jump on fans from other clubs who display such ignorant and bigoted behaviour. There is no place for it ever and doing or saying nothing makes it worse.

Let's hope the average Manly fan, witnessing anything like this in the future, let's those poeple know they are not welcome at any footy game.

ET

It's a pity that the majority of fans are now labelled due to a few idiots.

What is going wrong with our society? Sigh.

No one but the perpetrator needs to feel ashamed or embarrassed, and we others, do not have to defend ourselves. The cross section of Society that attend any mass event, will potentially result in antisocial aspects.:s

The time and manner to report anything unsettling is at the Game and to the many Security Personnel on hand. Use the camera on the phone to record the offender, instead of texting a complaint to the ether:idea:
(The latest incident on a Melbourne Train demonstrates how effective this is for prosecution.)

I have had many things said to me in the past, and at literally every game, the opposition Fans demean my Team to me. :huh:
But, we choose our responses and in 40 years I only had to call Security once.

A group of Newcastle 'ladies' at the SFS during a 7's Tournament, not only verbally abused us non-stop, but were constantly 'spilling' beer on our seats. Security moved them on immediately and everyone enjoyed the Tournament.

I never understand the need to engage an opposition Fan and am amazed when they make it a point to do so with me.:huh:
My only objective is to watch Manly play, and they could be playing on the moon for all I care about the surrounds during a game.

Happily and proudly a Manly Fan and bring on the Roosters ASAP :)

NEVER EMBARRASSED TO BE A MANLY SUPPORTER....

sad that there is supporters out there , that maybe at times doesnt think before they act.....

im sure this same supporter would not make comments of the kind on a normal day in a suburban street , shopping centre etc.... which i couldnt say with the same confidence if the coin was flipped.

though i hope this letter is addressed to a certain club or clubs based on recent history.as this Manly supporter wouldnt be the only NRL supporter to be the first out of line.

no way do i agree or applaud this action , but before you start condemning MANLY supporters , take a visit to memory lane and ask yourself are these Manly supporters the worst ever or do you have a short memory !!!!

HappilyManly said:
No one but the perpetrator needs to feel ashamed or embarrassed, and we others, do not have to defend ourselves. The cross section of Society that attend any mass event, will potentially result in antisocial aspects.:s

The time and manner to report anything unsettling is at the Game and to the many Security Personnel on hand. Use the camera on the phone to record the offender, instead of texting a complaint to the ether:idea:
(The latest incident on a Melbourne Train demonstrates how effective this is for prosecution.)

I have had many things said to me in the past, and at literally every game, the opposition Fans demean my Team to me. :huh:
But, we choose our responses and in 40 years I only had to call Security once.

A group of Newcastle 'ladies' at the SFS during a 7's Tournament, not only verbally abused us non-stop, but were constantly 'spilling' beer on our seats. Security moved them on immediately and everyone enjoyed the Tournament.

I never understand the need to engage an opposition Fan and am amazed when they make it a point to do so with me.:huh:
My only objective is to watch Manly play, and they could be playing on the moon for all I care about the surrounds during a game.

Happily and proudly a Manly Fan and bring on the Roosters ASAP :)

VERY TRUE BUDDY

LETS US ALL INNOCENT MANLY FANS , START A RIOT IN THE MIDDLE OF SYDNEY TO GET OUR POINT HEARD .... BUT PLEASE LETS NOT GET ARRESTED !!!!

LOL LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Great topic Eagles Terrorist and it needs to be said and fully understood. Awesome.
I have only question.........Eagles Terrorist....who are you?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6