Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jfy7tSA.jpg

Sorry Manlyfan76 as I find a lot of your posts amusing or enlightening, this one makes fun of trauma survivors, which deserves an ironstine rating. Numerous studies have produced evidence showing that trauma can really screw up your entire life. You think it's hilarious to watch your parents murdered or incinerated in a wreck? Or to be raped or bashed and terrorised as a child? I'm sure you don't!

Sorry Manlyfan76 as I find a lot of your posts amusing or enlightening, this one makes fun of trauma survivors, which deserves an ironstine rating. Numerous studies have produced evidence showing that trauma can really screw up your entire life. You think it's hilarious to watch your parents murdered or incinerated in a wreck? Or to be raped or bashed and terrorised as a child? I'm sure you don't!

It could be seen as making fun of trauma survivors, but for me what it does is highlight (with the use of comedy) how bad ptsd is. There are some real interesting facts around it. Especially around ex-service people and police.I have some experience with trauma first hand and I have some strong opinions on how to deal with it. There are those who never get the tools to deal with it and that is the shame of it coupled with it being in the too hard to talk about basket.
Personally like the theory of being able to find the comedy in difficult issues and ofcojrse that is contrary to a lot of people's "beliefs".

No sane person could enjoy the examples you mention. I just look at how to deal with things from out of the box.

Two random pics.

This one sums up my complaints with delivery drivers. They have one thing to do, it's amazing how badly they do it.

-Please please please Mr Fed-ex, don't try to deliver a parcel here...go to where we have described!
*fed-ex place a sticker saying they tried to deliver a parcel over the sign telling them don't deliver here*
4aeZurwm.jpg

The other day Mrs ge came home with some nice steaks.

ge - "Woohoo, steak dinner!"
Mrs ge - "Nope, they're for the dog, and as a bonus you have to cook them for her."
ge- *fml*

TQlZ1DHm.jpg

So I was in the supermarket today.....

I was at the counter and I received a text. I thought it was Mrs ge telling me to 'get one more thing' while I was there.
I didn't have my glasses and almost gave my phone to the teller and asked her to read it for me, but at the last second I thought, 'meh, that's not her job.'
So I stretched my arm out as far as I could and read: "Our dog just walked into the room, farted, then walked out again!"

Thanks goodness I didn't hand over the phone. @:D

Well, that wasn’t the start the Boomers were expecting.
Australia entered the game with a wave of high expectations, but fell to a severely undermanned Canada side in their first warmup game ahead of the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

Nick Nurse’s team seemed to have more chemistry - yes, even more than the Boomers team famed for its togetherness - and walked out of Perth’s RAC Arena with the 90-70 victory.

lol, take that chumps!

Well, that wasn’t the start the Boomers were expecting.
Australia entered the game with a wave of high expectations, but fell to a severely undermanned Canada side in their first warmup game ahead of the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

Nick Nurse’s team seemed to have more chemistry - yes, even more than the Boomers team famed for its togetherness - and walked out of Perth’s RAC Arena with the 90-70 victory.

lol, take that chumps!
Traitor!

Rigged! lol

The Boomers received a much-needed confidence boost ahead of the basketball World Cup after recording a 81-73 victory over Canada at Perth’s RAC Arena on Saturday night.

It's a guy you've never heard of, but I am a big fan of, Marcel Hirscher, probably the greatest skier of all time, retires.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/04/sport/marcel-hirscher-skiing-retirement-2019-spt-intl/

8 overall world cup trophies in a row and second only in race wins to Stengmark.

The guy was a technical genius (and almost got totalled by a drone crashing just behind him mid race - you can google it).

Have a great retirement you champion!

It's a guy you've never heard of, but I am a big fan of, Marcel Hirscher, probably the greatest skier of all time, retires.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/04/sport/marcel-hirscher-skiing-retirement-2019-spt-intl/

8 overall world cup trophies in a row and second only in race wins to Stengmark.

The guy was a technical genius (and almost got totalled by a drone crashing just behind him mid race - you can google it).

Have a great retirement you champion!
One of the reasons I decided to not pursue snowboarding was the Austrian ski team. To get to the main green run at Sun Peaks meant crossing their training course (about 100m down from the start) and as an absolute beginner boarder it was nerve-racking to travel about 10m without falling. Not just from the fear of having a professional skier hit you at 100kph but also the more likely threat of the trainers giving you German lesson (on how to swear) :)

One of the reasons I decided to not pursue snowboarding was the Austrian ski team. To get to the main green run at Sun Peaks meant crossing their training course (about 100m down from the start) and as an absolute beginner boarder it was nerve-racking to travel about 10m without falling. Not just from the fear of having a professional skier hit you at 100kph but also the more likely threat of the trainers giving you German lesson (on how to swear) :)

That's completely bizarre that anyone would be able to cross a training course! They (now at least) have them blocked off so no one can really get in. I mean these people go at 100kph+ so they don't want noobs anywhere near them.

Especially the Austrians, those guys and gals are.....fanatics!

Sun Peaks!

jt9whju.jpg

That's completely bizarre that anyone would be able to cross a training course! They (now at least) have them blocked off so no one can really get in. I mean these people go at 100kph+ so they don't want noobs anywhere near them.

Especially the Austrians, those guys and gals are.....fanatics!

Sun Peaks!
It was pretty ordinary. They built the new chairlift above the existing one which meant a very long and flat way to get around it or a much faster way with a (completely uninterested) lifty manning a gate. I think they did away with this after the first season an fixed the slope on the long way round but by then I'd vowed not to put my bones at risk like that again (I put them in far more risk with the way I ski - but at least I find that enjoyable :) )
upload_2019-9-5_20-55-52.png

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8