Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Might've been the most painful loss to Parra we've had in the last few years

• Choking a 14-0 lead (not acceptable at any stage of the game if you are a serious team)
  • Another controversial decision against us again at Commbank (3rd time in 5 years)
  • Letting Harper and Tuilagi score and then their missos rub it in on social media
  • Them giving us our first loss to the season
  • Debutant slamming Turbo for a try and now that is getting memed
  • Moses outplaying DCE and also giving lip to Luke Brooks during the game (totally fine with the trash talk, I just love Brooks so much now and hated that)

All just a culmination of one of the more frustrating Parra losses and it just makes my blood curl. When they come to Brooky in 5 weeks time I want us to absolutely murder them and push it in their faces. We need revenge from this.

• Choking a 14-0 lead (not acceptable at any stage of the game if you are a serious team)
  • Another controversial decision against us again at Commbank (3rd time in 5 years)
  • Letting Harper and Tuilagi score and then their missos rub it in on social media
  • Moses outplaying DCE and also giving lip to Luke Brooks during the game (totally fine with the trash talk, I just love Brooks so much now and hated that)

All just a culmination of one of the more frustrating Parra losses and it just makes my blood curl. When they come to Brooky in 5 weeks time I want us to absolutely murder them and push it in their faces. We need revenge from this.
That’s hilarious if their wives have had a go?! They both did nothing except catch a football and run it over the line. It’s not as though they left their old clubs with egg on their faces…like it wasn’t a halfback’s masterclass or something?! How ridiculous.

Also, it’s just a game of football and players say goodbye to clubs all the time…it’s not our duty as a club to keep them forever is it? They were paid handsomely for their services and we move on…

The Rd 11 loss to the Eels at Commbank in 2022 was gut wrenching. We were leading 20-10 after 60 minutes and were then run down to lose 20-22 with Moses kicking the winning goal from the side line. On top of this, after 63 minutes we lost Turbo for the season with a shoulder injury. If you watch the video, you'll see our right edge defence was just as brittle as in yesterday's game.

If only Aloiai had punched Moses in the nose during the game.

He could have broken Mitch’s right or left hand.

I understand that Mitch regularly dines out.

I may be a Parra fan, but I was just pointing out something I noticed from a Parra perspective. There was no gloating intended

I actually think Parra played really badly yesterday and the game could have gone either way

I just noticed Parra were using a particular play repeatedly against Manly, that they don't generally use

The Parra halves don't usually float so deep off the line and wing, using the backs to draw the defense

They usually dig into the line a little deeper, to draw defenders to themselves, before the pass option

I know all teams are susceptible in different ways on the edge. And Parramatta has an edge problem all of its own

But the particular problem I saw with Manly edge rushing in on an intentionally deep, set attacking line, instead of using the sideline, is a problem that can be fixed

What I was hoping in my last post, is that an analytical Manly fan could tell me, if this was a usual Manly tactic that Parra identified and exploited?

Or, was it just a defense tactic that Manly adopted to try exploit Parramattas usual style of attack?

I am a very rational and analytical person.

I do not gloat, because I know if you give it, you make yourself a target to eventually receiving it

I'd much rather be friends with fellow football fans. Then poke at them for feeling the same pains and passion I do

We all love the same game

I still think Manly will make the finals this year

I've actually got money on it being a Manly Vs Parra final

I was just trying to offer some of my own insight here, from a Parra perspective. Hoping to receive some insight in return from a Manly perspective

Take it or leave it

But, I come in peace ✌
Do you know Chief from one eyed eel ?

Nothing less than 60-0 will do , I still haven’t got my voice back from screaming at the injustice and rank hometown decisions

I know this has been raised before, but should the NRL be more circumspect about who it appoints to referee games?

Grant Atkins is the son of a former Parramatta winger, Graeme Atkins. With the best intentions in the world, it would be hard not to favour the side you grew up (probably) supporting.

Obviously all referees have their favourite team/s. However when there is that strong familial connection, maybe look elsewhere.

The Fact is .....Great Manly Premiership Winning teams beat both their opponents and the refs
Let us Become one of those Great Manly Premiership winning teams and Prevail !
Premiership wins were never won at the back of useless excuses
1711407855090.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8