Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

The explanation is simple if you watched the match without Manly beer goggles on.

Manly started making stupid errors and Parra scored of many of them. Aloiai dropping the hall, Ben T sloppy play the ball, Paulo running too close to the sideline and gets bundled over it. Parra scored after each of those mistakes.
Give away a couple of penalties

That is eels get 90% possession and embarrassment is to Manly, not the NRL.
Add to that not one of our players attempting to catch the ball for their first try. Not good enough.

With the amount of ball Parra had, and the atrocious refereeing, they should have won by a lot more.

Today was the first time we actually looked tired. But defending for 20 minutes straight will do that.

Paulo didn’t have a good day.

If Koula’s try is awarded, we probably win that game and go 3 and 0.

Once Saab, Lodge, Sipley, even Talau are back, we’re a different side. Yes, we still do dumb sh!t, but overall we look like a much better team than the last few years.

This one was a poor call from the VIDIOT

A controversial obstruction ruling has thwarted the Sea Eagles’ comeback against the Eels.
The Eels took the chocolates 28-24 but the Sea Eagles were denied a try in a match-defining moment.

Jake Trbojevic was deemed to have taken out defender Luca Moretti in contact that wouldn’t have knocked the froth off a cappuccino.

The Sea Eagles went on to score, with Tom Trbojevic notching the try assist (although that itself was dubious due to a potential forward pass).

But the try was disallowed due to the minor Jurbo contact.

“He’s clocked off, he’s given up. It’s a difficult one but they’ve been consistent with it,” said Corey Parker in commentary.

Andrew Voss added: “Moretti was not a chance, you can’t reward defender in that position.”

Errors or lack of errors is the one certain thing in footy that we can control.

If we made 6 less errors - 4 in the first half, we would have won comfortably imo.
All we did was give possession to the eels
Yes that’s true make less errors you put yourself in a better position to win the game , I just think today there were some very questionable ref calls that didn’t help either

and that is the nail on the head!!

they have gone back to 2021 trying to out score the opposition
Yeah we need to get that to around 14/16 a game against as we will outscore that each week. That said cowboys have let about the same in as well and they are 3/3. Bottom line is we just need to score more than the opposition, and we really should have today.

I had issue with a few calls
  • the penalty for offside at 14-0 when we were 3/4 tackles into a defensively dominant set, the longshot replay showed noone active offside
  • Dylan Brown not getting sin binned for professional foul - off the Brooks break
  • Morgan Harper not getting sin binned for a professional foul - off the knock on when Aloiai jumped on the ball
  • The obstruction call was incorrect as the defender was not obstructed by the lead runner in sliding accross, he obstructed himself by giving up on the play
  • The successful Dylan Brown challenge for DCE "raking" vs unsuccessful Aloiai challenge for Tuilagi(?) raking it? - i thought they were identical yet had different rulings
I agree with these calls but reckon there were way more
It's so easy for other Silvertails supporters to say it all works out fairly and you must overcome adversity, in fact I agree 100% but this is not the case.
Today's game had a far different smell marred by poor officiating
Congrats to them for digging deep and they were gritty, but frustrating to watch it unfold when officials have so much say on an outcome

Look… we did not get the rub of the green but we were at Bankwest and cannot expect to..
Long story short, we made enough errors to give Parra a chance and they were good enough to take their opportunities… they exploited our players that are new to their positions and there is no point complaining about the refs…
We are showing the beginnings of a very good football side and hopefully we take our learnings and stick to our current trajectory… we have a real chance this year if players and coach have enough humility to realise their shortfalls and make the necessary adjustments…

Two points given up.

Cruising at 14-0 and our errors and discipline get them into the game.

From the 15th minute till the 70th minute we were really poor. The try on half time was against the run of play to be honest.

At whingers Park, you cannot afford simple errors and we committed so many unforced errors and fed them into the game.

The Koula no try was really bad and again the bunker changes a game.

The effort was there, execution and discipline cost us the match!!

I turned off after Koula try. The game is rigged. How do we see the stats on that game guys? how many repeat sets and 6 agains and penaties did they have?. Its the same every year when we play the eels. They get all the ball. so sick of it.

There were some bad calls from the ref that changed momentum.
We were up by 14 and the ridiculous offside call against DCE let them back in.
The ridiculous call against Jake is another.
Not consistent with the holding down in tackle.
In saying that the ability to offload at will after the BS offside call against DCE was poor and drained us and we never really recovered.
Could have really used a Lodge or Sipley off the bench today.
Disappointing,but the guys hung in and the promise for this season is still evident.

Very very close to another hiatus from rugby league after that, pretty close to done .

Two points given up.

Cruising at 14-0 and our errors and discipline get them into the game.

From the 15th minute till the 70th minute we were really poor. The try on half time was against the run of play to be honest.

At whingers Park, you cannot afford simple errors and we committed so many unforced errors and fed them into the game.

The Koula no try was really bad and again the bunker changes a game.

The effort was there, execution and discipline cost us the match!!
I am convinced that the Koula try was ruled obstruction because the pass was forward… saw similar things happen last year (controversial calls to prevent a try where a forward pass was “obvious”)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8