Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
34 CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 17:30
79:12 minute

Match Stats

We will be lucky to make the 8 even with those guys in the team. I've said it all season.
I agree and it's like we are going to need another rebuild there is a lot of dead weight/ poor salary cap management right now at our club.

Others have said it but I fear we may not come back from this as a club

Ever since 2014 and that semi loss to the dogs that was the last time this club has been together since that day we have become the basket case and joke of a club in the NRL

I just want my club back with players who have high standards of play and want to actually see this club succeed.

This thread could be a doozy.

One of the worst efforts from a Manly team since… The last seven weeks of last season? We were truly woeful in every aspect of the game. Our players can't catch, can't tackle, and can't run. And that's just the back three, who put in possibly the worst performance of a back three at NRL level that I've ever seen.

I wish I could say it was a one-off dud, but really, it was more like the culmination of everything that has been wrong with this team for years. We play rugby league as if we've materialised from another dimension and are determined to revolutionise the game by doing everything ass-backwards. We hate possession so much that, even when we do manage to hold onto the ball for an entire set, we just don't know what to do with it. We look like we're in slow-motion. And we are not very good at rugby league.

I

One of the worst efforts from a Manly team since… The last seven weeks of last season? We were truly woeful in every aspect of the game. Our players can't catch, can't tackle, and can't run. And that's just the back three, who put in possibly the worst performance of a back three at NRL level that I've ever seen.

I wish I could say it was a one-off dud, but really, it was more like the culmination of everything that has been wrong with this team for years. We play rugby league as if we've materialised from another dimension and are determined to revolutionise the game by doing everything ass-backwards. We hate possession so much that, even when we do manage to hold onto the ball for an entire set, we just don't know what to do with it. We look like we're in slow-motion. And we are not very good at rugby league.
I wanted to give you a winner like sad reaction because I feel all those things.

It's a sad state of affairs our club is in right now and it's not going to get better anytime soon.

The Eels didn't win - we handed them the game through repeated schoolboy errors. A genuinely inept display with no leadership at all. Tuipulotu deserves to be dropped. If he's not injured from this game, Saab will retain his place. Anyway, not much to look forward to. As they say in the classics, it's only a game :)

The Eels didn't win - we handed them the game through repeated schoolboy errors. A genuinely inept display with no leadership at all. Tuipulotu deserves to be dropped. If he's not injured from this game, Saab will retain his place. Anyway, not much to look forward to. As they say in the classics, it's only a game :)
Eels won , They handled their disrupted teams loses better with a better game plan and better executions

Yeah, must admitt Garrick got scorched tonight by Penis.ini. Kaula had a better game defensively.

Spot on Ron. "We look like we're in slow-motion" That stood out for the entire 80 minutes.

Team disruptions and adversary are part of the game
Team Resolution is part of the culture the coaching staff build
We had a lot of match winning players out there tonight
We just never had that Team Resolution to win the game

I don't think we're inconsistent in the sense of failing to turn up for the contest on occasions; we just aren't one of the good sides in the competition. When we win, we exceed our ability and when we lose, we are where we should be with this roster. The problem is our supporter base get excited by these odd wins and assume we are on the crest of wave. The reality is we are no different to the Tigers, Knights, Dogs, etc. Every one in the RL community knows that when one of those clubs jag a big win against a top side, it's a one off. For some reason, we haven't worked out that we're in the same league. A big win for Manly is not the start of a dynasty, it's just a mirage, the same as it is for the other bottom 8 sides.

We are such a bi-polar side we dish up this crap and then play games like the storm or rabbits one

On paper, a MUCH better team than The Eels in my opinion. I just think the distractions around the club all week about staff wanting to exit and perform miracles elsewhere took it's toll. It's destabilizing, and it won't end now, until the end of the season - it'll be dragons this, dragons that - watch all this Ben Hunt stuff be ALL the talk whenever we are brought up.

Stupid, stupid, stupid by the club. Human nature would be, "why should I give 100%, if he isn't / doesn't have to?"

I agree and it's like we are going to need another rebuild there is a lot of dead weight/ poor salary cap management right now at our club.

Others have said it but I fear we may not come back from this as a club

Ever since 2014 and that semi loss to the dogs that was the last time this club has been together since that day we have become the basket case and joke of a club in the NRL

I just want my club back with players who have high standards of play and want to actually see this club succeed.
We have lost the culture that was key from 2004 - 2014.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8