Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
34 CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 17:30
79:12 minute

Match Stats

Utter disgust
On my birthday weekend too.
The ref gave us nothing but boy even when a team has a off night you don't play that played.
Disgusted and we can sugar coat it all we want with turbo Jake and DCE but we are not a top 8 team and without flano next year we will go backwards even further.
Getting Old Birthday Cake GIF by HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE

I dunno how Schuster can be labeled as a “potential best player in the world”. Who makes the ****e up. Is Schuster even playing? I know Shyster is. Nothing worse than blowing hot air up someone’s skirt.I expected this as we have little spine when our big 3 are out. No one putting their hand up. Going from last week to this tells me that. We are still relying on baby formula to grow.

Don't forget, Eels 6,7 & 9 are all out, too. That on top of 5 first grade forwards. Tonight we pretty much played their NSW Cup team.

Can't wait until origin is over so we can see our team play again.

No cohesion at all tonight.

Schu is not ready to be a leader.

DCE and Tom make their teammates better players.

Feel for Jake and Tom. They both deserve a premiership but we are as far from winning one as we've ever been.

Not sure where the team should go from here.

Going to be a long off season if we keep serving this up.....

Agree. he made one break on the left side at Brookvale during junk time and some people still can't shut up about him.
Reminds of that half about 8 years ago which kicked one 40-20 against Canberra and people were talking about his potential for a year. can't for the life of me remember his name.

NYEagle
Lol I remember that guy. That was in 2014. John was his first name from memory

Fortunately, I didn't see the game but was reading comments. I'll force myself to watch it tomorrow.

And having not seen it yet, the fact that Parra had between 70 and 75% of the ball in the 2nd half, how did they only score 2 tries against us? Did we not at least have a go in the 2 nd half? They really should have put at least 50 on us. I'm trying to find some positives coz the game was gone at half time thanks to the sin bin and dropped balls. So did we not at least show some fight in defence not to get torn apart?? Just asking.

This is about where we are at as a team. We'll win 35-45% of our games, land around 12th - 15th (I don't think after last week we get the spoon - I hope). We'll keep recruiting flops like Johns, Woods, Tuilagi, Roache, Taulau, Condon (and other plonkers) - particularly while you have coaches that actively and openly have their attention on other teams improvements, rather than our own.

I still think we are worse than when des was with us nothing has changed.

Yes we had out DCE Jake and turbo
Parra had there 6,7,9 and starting front forward out

As has been said before DCE turbo and Jake cover up the others mistakes.

This is going to be a long rest of the season.

I still think we are worse than when des was with us nothing has changed.

Yes we had out DCE Jake and turbo
Parra had there 6,7,9 and starting front forward out

As has been said before DCE turbo and Jake cover up the others mistakes.

This is going to be a long rest of the season.
We are worse.

Fortunately, I didn't see the game but was reading comments. I'll force myself to watch it tomorrow.

And having not seen it yet, the fact that Parra had between 70 and 75% of the ball in the 2nd half, how did they only score 2 tries against us? Did we not at least have a go in the 2 nd half? They really should have put at least 50 on us. I'm trying to find some positives coz the game was gone at half time thanks to the sin bin and dropped balls. So did we not at least show some fight in defence not to get torn apart?? Just asking.
Why the hell would you put yourself through that? Don't watch it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8