Eagles exodus fears hysterical

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
THE manager of several star Manly players, including Kieran Foran and Brett Stewart, has dismissed as "mass hysteria" talk of an exodus from Brookvale in protest over the departure of coach Des Hasler.

Read the full article

I will enjoy watching them run around in 2012 1st before i worry about who we may lose in 2013. If Foz and Snake chose to leave because of Des then so be it. We can't keep everyone. It would be disappointing to lose the calibre of those players but that's just how it goes. God i hope all this ends soon.

On his radio show last Sunday, Zorba was asked by concerned Manly fans about the status of the Stewart brothers contracts.
He did not answer with any certainty other than to say they both have houses on the Northern Beaches (so does Des).
Zorba could have put the whole issue to bed by answering honestly, not pushing an agenda. He could have said that Glenn is contracted until end of season 2014. But no. He gave no such answer and is content for the supporters to be treated as mushrooms so his buddy's at the DT can squeeze another day or 2 worth of speculation and exclusives out of the subject.

Even if Des had stayed and everything at the club was rosy, we're always going to lose players here and there. The team's success and the salary cap ensures it. Like it or not, when players are off contract, they're fair game. There'll be a host of clubs lining up to throw money at Foran, DCE and the Stewarts. The Bulldogs are the least of our worries in that respect. All we can do is hope the club can make a competitive offer and keep as many of them as they can.

WAMF said:
On his radio show last Sunday, Zorba was asked by concerned Manly fans about the status of the Stewart brothers contracts.
He did not answer with any certainty other than to say they both have houses on the Northern Beaches (so does Des).
Zorba could have put the whole issue to bed by answering honestly, not pushing an agenda. He could have said that Glenn is contracted until end of season 2014. But no. He gave no such answer and is content for the supporters to be treated as mushrooms so his buddy's at the DT can squeeze another day or 2 worth of speculation and exclusives out of the subject.
Have you considered that Zorba doesn't sit in an office with the lawyers and managers to sign contracts.

He probably didn't know, so rather than do what you are doing - state suspicion and speculation as fact - he chose not to comment more than what he knew!!!

Fancy a player manager talking bout " mass hysteria" re- players leaving the club. 99% of the hysteria comes from player agents mouths ffs!

Canteen Worker said:
WAMF said:
Have you considered that Zorba doesn't sit in an office with the lawyers and managers to sign contracts.

He probably didn't know, so rather than do what you are doing - state suspicion and speculation as fact - he chose not to comment more than what he knew!!!

As close as Zorba is to the players, I find it very difficult to believe he did not know Glenn was locked up longterm.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7