Eagle legend down but not out.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
A very important life-long Sea Eagle supporter (My all time hero, my Dad) had a stroke yesterday. He was taken off to hospital wearing his Manly shirt in the ambulance, bless him.
He's doing okay. With Choc-like determination he's trying to use his right arm which is not working so he's knocking things from here to kingdom come. Little Tommy's a one-winged Eagle at the moment.
His speech is quite slurred at the moment but he's managed to tell the family to record Monday night's match but then delete if we lose. Love you Dad. Get better.
Sea Eagle boys, win for Tommy.

Good luck nicci. It's tough when a stroke hits and they do range widely in impact but plenty of people recover really well over time. My old man had one in 1984 and recovered. He's had some more minor ones in the last couple of years but with the way he's hammered his body over his 72 years it's amazing he's still with us.

Be patient and I hope the boys win on Monday and brighten him up.

"taken off to hospital wearing his Manly shirt in the ambulance" - champion!

My best thoughts and wishes for your Dad, and your family niccipops. Hope he makes a speedy and complete recovery and that the boys manage to put a smile on his face this Monday night.

best wishes for you and your family I know how hard this can be.

best of luck to the battler

Best of Luck to Tommy - don't worry Nicci Brett will score a try for him on Monday night!

Thanks from the heart everyone. Wheel I certainly hope you're right about Stewy scoring a try for Dad.

Sorry to hear that news nicci.  I hope he gets well soon with no lingering after effects.

From me too Nicci, I lost my Dad to a heart attack 20 years ago and my Mum 6 years ago to Dementia,so I hope and pray all is well for you and your family.

PS: Come on Snake score one for him!!!

Good luck, I hope for the best. I am confident of a strong showing on Monday by the guys, and hopefully that will give you & your dad a morale boost.

All the best to you and your family, hope your Dad makes a speedy and complete recovery.
I'm sure that if the boys get wind of this story they will play their guts out for a true Manly champion.

Went to visit him.  Little bugger, 5 foot four and all sixty kilos of him tried to get out of the bed and nearly tossed himself out the window. Have to put the bars up  on the bed so he doesn't try to escape any more. He won't be happy that the Broncos won. Go Manly. Go Tommy.

niccipops link said:
Went to visit him.  Little bugger, 5 foot four and all sixty kilos of him tried to get out of the bed and nearly tossed himself out the window. Have to put the bars up  on the bed so he doesn't try to escape any more. He won't be happy that the Broncos won. Go Manly. Go Tommy.

Sounds like there is plenty of spirit still there Nicci.

ManlyBacker link said:
Best wishes to Tommy and you nicci. I am sure Monday night will provide the lifting tonic he needs!
Hope so MB. The only result so far this weekend he'd be happy with is the Knights beating the Dogs. He hates the Doggies. In the other games he would've preferred wins to Cowboys, Parra, Sharks and Canberra. He'll back Titans over Warriors and Bunnies over Chooks but none of those really matter. The important stuff happens on Monday night.
Going to visit him at 2:30 today to find out what mischief he's been up to. Probably plenty.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4