Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did you really just cite the Rabbitohs as an example of a club that exhibits "moral obligations" when dealing with off-field issues?
No feathered friend
There are many cases of Moral obligations since the barbaric stone age era
The Jet example was just one classic moral obligations example
You obviously do not agree with me and I respect that you have your own opinion but I do not agree with you.

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Roberts suffers from mental issues......I don’t recall him bashing anyone or carrying on like a twat! No need to bag a player who publicly admits he is mentally fatigued.

He has a long history of antisocial behaviour, including arrests, and substance abuse issues. It wouldn’t be the first time an NRL club - Souffs especially - has played the mental health card to cover the real reason a player is in rehab or taking ‘time out’ to ‘deal with personal issues’. It’s the standard cover story in recent times.

I think most on here in their 60’s would echo my opinion in that from about 50 your body seems to take ages to recover from a big night .

In my 20’s you’d sleep to 1pm the next day and all would be fine.

Not much different in the 30’s.

When I was 40 I used to sit on my recliner chair and say “ I’m never drinking again”.

When I turned 50 that time on the recliner was often 2 days.

Now in my 60’s I have 2-3 beers ( mid strength) and I know I’ve had enough.

Geez Mark, I'm in my late 40s & I've never even considered getting a recliner chair!

They make you old before your time, those things @:D

He has a long history of antisocial behaviour, including arrests, and substance abuse issues. It wouldn’t be the first time an NRL club - Souffs especially - has played the mental health card to cover the real reason a player is in rehab or taking ‘time out’ to ‘deal with personal issues’. It’s the standard cover story in recent times.
Thanx Yoka......wasn’t aware of the serious issues.

Excuse me? Did I say something bad? I’m sticking up for Roberts not bagging him & yes I do know about mental illness. I have friends & close family who are battling with issues.
Nothing personal here feathered friend . This is a forum with different views expressed
I did not say you said something bad
Your post came across of you not understanding the impact and torment of mental issues
Since you now have explained how you are aware of this massive mental challenge
You would appreciate and understand that Rehabilitation is a process

We will agree to disagree feathered friend

A classic example of The moral obligation .....|

Jimmy the Jet
"With the support of Souths, I am working closely with professionals to get myself healthy and into a position where I can play my best footy and support my family," he said.

"Souths have been very supportive during this period, helping me to focus on the recovery from my pec injury and providing support for Anna, me and the kids."

At his best Roberts is regarded as one of the game's fastest men and a genuine representative strike centre, with Souths CEO Blake Solly backing him to return to the game's highest level in the future.

"We’ve held many discussions and meetings with James, his family and his representatives over recent months about a path forward for James," Solly said.

"James is an elite athlete and he certainly could play at the highest levels of the game in the NRL again.
"James and his family will always be Rabbitohs, and we will continue to support them as he looks to continue his career."

Which equates to Souths getting sick of paying good coin to a bloke who hardly played this season so they've convinced him to leave his contract a year early & say it was due to his mental health issues & was on compassionate grounds.

Why don't Souths honour the remaining year of his contract & ensure he stays in rehab until he's ready to come out?

That would be the equivalent of what you expect Manly to do in Walker's case.

Last edited:
I am a little conflicted ... your family have a moral responsibility to you, your friends have a moral responsibility to you, society has a moral responsibility to you ...

But your employer ? ... he may have a moral and legal responsibility to ensure your health and well being whilst at work and performing the duties you are being paid to do ... but does he really have a moral obligation to provide rehab and on going care for issues unrelated and not caused by said employment ?

I'm hearing he won't be stood down as long as he agrees to stay inside the bubble for the off-season.

Here's a pic of him training today in the bubble...

bubble.jpg

;)

With respect Boz, James Roberts is dealing with personal demons and hasn't been arrested for the second time.
I think you will find that Roberts has only ever been sacked for poor behaviour. Not Arrested by police and then sacked.

In fact im sure the only time James has been arrested since he started playing professionally was on the Gold Coast and those charges were dropped.

Last edited:
You have failed to read between the lines
There was more said about him being a great player
Jake ...
“I’m really amazed and shocked to hear about it.
“He does a lot for others ...

Meaning Dylan has made a Mark on Jake of being more than just a great player ,
Deep down inside he is good human being who does a lot for others

We all have demons and some of us have bigger demons and than others
But with support and perseverance people change for the better as rehabilitation is a process
I agree w/ Dylan. I don't think he is a bad person, and I don't doubt the notion from some that he has been genuinely improving until this point. I still think we deserve better for our investment in him and can find better. I am happy to keep him in 2021 if we can't terminate his contract and get someone else. So long as he is ready to work and so long as he is in a mental state to bring something that is fine by me. But I would also let him know we wouldn't be re-signing him unless it was for no more than 200-250K in the future and give him almost no choice but to leave or stay and repay us (and repaint his image)

I doubt the club will give him another opportunity and probably fair enough might I add. But I still believe Walker is not as bad a person as his record shows, flawed but not irreparable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7