Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly star Dylan Walker charged with assault over alleged restaurant fight
Nick Hansen, Adam Mobbs, Dean Ritchie, Jim O’Rourke, The Daily Telegraph
November 2, 2020 2:32pm

Subscriber only
Manly Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker has been charged with allegedly assaulting two men outside an Italian restaurant on Sydney’s northern beaches last night.
Police allege Walker, 26, called in to pick up some takeaway food from the restaurant on May Rd, Narraweena around 9pm.
Dylan Walker playing against Souths in week two of the finals.

Dylan Walker playing against Souths in week two of the finals.
A pizza left on the ground after the alleged assault last night.
A pizza left on the ground after the alleged assault last night.
After getting the food Walker is alleged to have tried to get into a car when a man confronted him.

A physical altercation allegedly followed before a second man, also associated with the restaurant, became involved. At one point Walker is believed to have retreated back inside the restaurant before the altercation continued.

“Police have been told, a man left the restaurant and attempted to enter the vehicle of a woman, unknown to him, parked outside the restaurant,” police said in a statement today.

“When confronted, the man allegedly became aggressive and was allegedly involved in a physical altercation, assaulting two men before fleeing.”

Walker was cleared last year of accusations he assaulted his partner Alexandra Ivkovic.
Walker was cleared last year of accusations he assaulted his partner Alexandra Ivkovic.
Police caught up with Walker a short distance away from the restaurant and he was arrested.

He was charged with two counts of common assault and granted police bail to front Manly Local Court on November 18.

The NRL confirmed on Monday morning it was aware of the incident.

“The Manly Sea Eagles have reported an alleged incident involving Dylan Walker to the Integrity Unit,” an NRL spokesman told The Daily Telegraph.

“The Integrity Unit is liaising with both police and the club.”

Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys spoke with Walker, who was spending time with his family on Monday morning.

The Sea Eagles continue to seek information about the alleged incident and will not consider any decision on Walker’s future until all the information has been gathered.

Manly officials were not commenting but Walker’s behaviour “surprised” them given he has been described as “model citizen” this season, despite his past troubles.

The Italian restaurant at Narraweena. Picture:Richard Dobson
The Italian restaurant at Narraweena. Picture:Richard Dobson
One source close to the club said Waker had “taken great steps forward”, making the latest drama “unfortunate.”

It is increasingly likely that the final report into the incident will indicate alcohol affected Walker’s behaviour.

It is another dramatic episode in the personal life of the superstar five-eighth who was cleared last year of accusations he assaulted his partner Alexandra Ivkovic.

He thanked his teammates for standing by him throughout the court drama involving the domestic violence allegations and signed a new deal with the club in 2020.

He is due to enter the final year of his Sea Eagles contract next season.

As it stands, Walker’s charge of common assault does not automatically trigger the NRL’s no-fault stand-down policy because it carries a sentence of less than 11 years.

The NRL does have discretionary powers to stand down Walker if it deems appropriate but, given the 2021 season does not begin for another four months, the governing body at this stage will wait to see how the case plays out when Walker faces court.

Who re-signed him is as much an appropriate question? Answer: the present coach.
Im pretty sure Walker's contract is really low-value because of his dramas last time. You'd have to think this will be the end of Walker's stint here now.

So fvcken disappointing......I admit Walker is one of my favourite players. I’ve backed him & supported him through his time at Manly. I’ve disagreed with Silvertails members who want him gone & made excuses why we should keep him. I was hoping he’d have an incident & injury free year.....fvcken idiot! If he’s sacked then so be it. What a waste!

Talented player, one of the best in his position when he's fit.....

But FMD how much trouble with him (on and off the field) does this club have to put up with before we say enough is enough?

Storm in a tea cup
One would think he killed a China man
Lets wait and see how this story unfolds before we all start to get our feathers in knot
Mate most have had their feathers in a knot around this clown for sone time Bozo, myself included. It’s another thing we don’t need and given his track record he should be steering clear of all this garbage. I’m over Walker and would be happy to see the back of him.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8